Bell TV 6131 receiver

1 hour ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I bought 3 new 6131's from BestBuy for $50 each less than what Bell wanted and activated them without ever calling India. 

new yes - used no

first thing is they'll want to check the balance on the IRD or if its a rental,  if clear they still want the seller to fill out a form or call or something. 

They are most likely a bit easier now since hacking is at a minimum

this brings back the TV days lol

Yamadoo once you find one, just get the R00 and S00 numbers, call Bell and ask them if they will activate the box.  They will tell you yes or no or owing

1 minute ago, 1trailmaker said:

you know you can make those a PVR (limited) by adding an external HD

I had two setup that way, but really don't watch much TV.  If it weren't for the wife and her dumb shoes I'd cut the cord and just stream.

8 minutes ago, 1trailmaker said:

new yes - used no

first thing is they'll want to check the balance on the IRD or if its a rental,  if clear they still want the seller to fill out a form or call or something. 

They are most likely a bit easier now since hacking is at a minimum

this brings back the TV days lol

Yamadoo once you find one, just get the R00 and S00 numbers, call Bell and ask them if they will activate the box.  They will tell you yes or no or owing

I have only bought new, but it would be wise to get the numbers and a bill of sale to see if they are still owing anything.

• Platinum Contributing Member
On 11/14/2016 at 3:01 PM, ArcticCrusher said:

I bought 3 new 6131's from BestBuy for $50 each less than what Bell wanted and activated them without ever calling India. 

I have called Bell twice in the last couple of months for service issues and both times I spoke with a person without a foreign accent.   

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I have called Bell twice in the last couple of months for service issues and both times I spoke with a person without a foreign accent.   

The guys from India knew what they were doing.:lol:

If I have issues, sometimes a receiver drops out, I resync and they all come online.

16 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

The guys from India knew what they were doing.:lol:

If I have issues, sometimes a receiver drops out, I resync and they all come online.

Some of those Indian guys didn't know shit either.  50/50 you get one who knows whats going on.

I have one receiver that I move to the pool house for the summer then back to my shop for winter. Because it sits without use for extended periods I have to call in and have them resend the activation signal.

Moved it to the shop today and called. 20 minutes and it was up and running.

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Some of those Indian guys didn't know shit either.  50/50 you get one who knows whats going on.

I have one receiver that I move to the pool house for the summer then back to my shop for winter. Because it sits without use for extended periods I have to call in and have them resend the activation signal.

Moved it to the shop today and called. 20 minutes and it was up and running.

That's what re-syncing the programming does and you can do that yourself online without ever calling Bell.  I haven't called them in years and I have removed and added receivers to my account, but they were new.

• 3 weeks later...