Summer people suck

Snake

This guy is the typical asshole from away, who owns a sweet place on the lake, lives here 1/2 -1 day of the year.

He was found guilty yesterday. Hope they do him up well...

MANCHESTER, Maine (WABI) A Manchester man is now facing charges after authorities say he struck three people with the boat he was driving on Cobbossee Lake in Manchester last August.

Wardens say 73-year-old John Rubinstein was turning the 20-foot motorboat when he hit a family that was kayaking.

They say all three were wearing lifejackets which likely saved their lives.

Rubinstein is charged with reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, reckless operation of a watercraft, and operating a watercraft to endanger.

• Thanks 1

Have spent most of my life living on a lake and have seen all kinds of accidents. Alcohol and other substances surely play a role but I would say the number one cause of boating accidents is inexperience. Boating ignorance is why public boat launches are so much fun to watch but the kicker is if a person struggles at the launch they probably are unprepared for what may come once on the water.

• Like 1

I've been out on the 17,000 acre Chippewa Flowage here on Sunny windy days with my Ranger 19 footer and have not seen some Kayaks till I was almost on top of them, Heatwaves and hi-water waves made them very hard to see especially if they are light colored Kayaks..there are some large Wake boats out on that lake that I would think will capsize them..

It's definately a gong show and good entertainment at the launches. We had friends visiting and went into town and ended up by the launch. There were alot of phones out videoing a guy trying to back his boat in. I felt bad for the guy after 1/2 an hour so I backed it in for him

2 hours ago, Snake said:

This guy is the typical asshole from away, who owns a sweet place on the lake, lives here 1/2 -1 day of the year.

He was found guilty yesterday. Hope they do him up well...

MANCHESTER, Maine (WABI) A Manchester man is now facing charges after authorities say he struck three people with the boat he was driving on Cobbossee Lake in Manchester last August.

Wardens say 73-year-old John Rubinstein was turning the 20-foot motorboat when he hit a family that was kayaking.

They say all three were wearing lifejackets which likely saved their lives.

Rubinstein is charged with reckless conduct with a dangerous weapon, reckless operation of a watercraft, and operating a watercraft to endanger.

Mainahs are notorious xenophobes……………...they HATE people from out of state. 

I say that's OK. 

I just wish out of staters would boycott Maine, so their economy would shrivel. 

Mainahs want the MONEY, but they don't want the PEOPLE!!! 

Problem is...………….Maine can't be beat recreationally. FUKKERS. 

2 hours ago, washedupmxer said:

So they call a boat a dangerous weapon there? 

Seems like double dipping

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Not sure how you get those charges from hitting a few kayaker's unless they thought it was intentional. 

It's just legalese, from what @Snake posted it seems the locals have no love for the asshole and are looking to inflict as much pain as possible even if it's just added legal costs.

kayak.png

7 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

Have spent most of my life living on a lake and have seen all kinds of accidents. Alcohol and other substances surely play a role but I would say the number one cause of boating accidents is inexperience. Boating ignorance is why public boat launches are so much fun to watch but the kicker is if a person struggles at the launch they probably are unprepared for what may come once on the water.

Exactly! Up here, all one needs is a boating card and away they go, fully legal to drive a boat. Obviously, there really isn't a way to get tested like one does for a car license, but something better needs to be done, or something better where you can't have a friend sit right beside you and do the test for you.