Ride Report: 2020.5 Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850

1 hour ago, teamgreen02 said:

The XRS package used to have rebound adjustment.  Ski-Doo says their customers didn't know how to use it and ended up making their sled handle worse so they took it away.

This is one of the best things all manus can do for their “RACE REPLICA” packages.  Most of the buyers don’t care about the shocks anyway...just the “look at me” graphics.  Saw a husband and wife team on a pair of matching XRS sleds years ago.  I bet between them they didn’t have a single shock that was set even remotely correctly for them.  

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

This is one of the best things all manus can do for their “RACE REPLICA” packages.  Most of the buyers don’t care about the shocks anyway...just the “look at me” graphics.  Saw a husband and wife team on a pair of matching XRS sleds years ago.  I bet between them they didn’t have a single shock that was set even remotely correctly for them.  

Basically nobody out in a trail sled needs shocks with hi/low speed comp and rebound adjustment. That’s what’s so sweet about the qs3 shocks. S/M/H and all are about perfect.

The fox zero pros on my turbo are all almost anyone needs.....lxr valving and snopro springs and it’s perfect to be honest 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Basically nobody out in a trail sled needs shocks with hi/low speed comp and rebound adjustment. That’s what’s so sweet about the qs3 shocks. S/M/H and all are about perfect.

The fox zero pros on my turbo are all almost anyone needs.....lxr valving and snopro springs and it’s perfect to be honest 

Hi lo is awesome, ur a noob

3 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I’d certainly say most don’t need anything remotely as adjustable as the top end shock packages used to offer.

Just now, Anler said:

I 100% disagree and I could prove it. But I will agree most don't know how to use them. 

Like I said , the zero pros on my sled are valved and sprung perfectly and not one time in 1500 miles in them this year did I want to change anything about them. 

Just now, f7ben said:

Like I said , the zero pros on my sled are valved and sprung perfectly and not one time in 1500 miles in them this year did I want to change anything about them. 

So

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Have you ever been on a snowmobile forum or Facebook snowmobile group? I am constantly amazed how much people who own snowmobiles don't know about them. 

Was just in a dealer getting a price on an XRS, salesman didn’t know what an XRS was. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I’d certainly say most don’t need anything remotely as adjustable as the top end shock packages used to offer.

That level of adjustment is for competition and changing tracks and conditions

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Seriously...WTF. :lol:

I went to a big sled dealer in Coldwater Michigan and the salesman had never ridden a sled and knew literally nothing about them. I spent an hour telling him about the models on his floor cause he was a nice guy and appreciated it.

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

I called me GM dealer to get a price on a custom trail boss with a 6.2

they were like they don’t make that

i was like yes they do wtf 

they were like well would you look at that 

Cool story bro 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

Renegade XRS for the low, low price of $15,599 plus tax, reg, setup, etc.  Be pushing $18k out the door by the time you throw in a spare belt and some accessories.

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/snd/d/red-wing-early-release-renegade-rs-850/7078924704.html

Anyone who pays that for that sled is a dumb fuck.  Just like the idiots who got the 2020.5 850 Summit Turbos . Better off snow checking. 

3 hours ago, teamgreen02 said:

The XRS package used to have rebound adjustment.  Ski-Doo says their customers didn't know how to use it and ended up making their sled handle worse so they took it away.

Not all of us that buy them don't know how to set them up probably. I've already been looking for replacement front shocks for my '12 TNT So I can take the XRS front shocks off it. 

1 hour ago, Doos said:

Was just in a dealer getting a price on an XRS, salesman didn’t know what an XRS was. 

What dealer is that , the old Anderson's? :dunno:

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

What dealer is that , the old Anderson's? :dunno:

No, C & C in Brighton. Every toy I buy, I give them a shot because they’re close. And every time they’re ridiculously high, and never have parts in stock. I like to support locally but they’re nuts.

Haven’t been to the old Anderson’s since I bought KX80 there when I was 14 haha.

21 minutes ago, Doos said:

No, C & C in Brighton. Every toy I buy, I give them a shot because they’re close. And every time they’re ridiculously high, and never have parts in stock. I like to support locally but they’re nuts.

Haven’t been to the old Anderson’s since I bought KX80 there when I was 14 haha.

Never heard of C&C  :dunno:

We use to always go there and look and see how high they were. They were always way higher than everyone else.

Did you call Brandon at US27 yet?  

@Jimmy Snacks you should call him too. He have me the best prices out of anyone.  

2 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Never heard of C&C  :dunno:

We use to always go there and look and see how high they were. They were always way higher than everyone else.

Did you call Brandon at US27 yet?  

@Jimmy Snacks you should call him too. He have me the best prices out of anyone.  

A buddy of mine knows him, and sent him a text.

9 minutes ago, Doos said:

A buddy of mine knows him, and sent him a text.

:bc:

Last spring I got prices from US27, Steve's Cycle in Bay City (where I bought my '17 Renegade XRS 800 for almost $1,000 less than I was quoted at Dee's and what my buddy from work paid for the same sled) and Ray C's (who a friend of mine is friends with Ray Jr. and was supposed to take care of me, but didn't). 

US27 was about $300-$400 cheaper than Steven's and almost $800-$900 cheaper than Ray C's across the board.

I paid $13,727 OTD for a '20 MXZ XRS 850. Black, no track option or QA

I was quoted $14,051 for a Renegade XRS 850 same way. 

MXZ XRS 600r I was quoted 12,444

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

4 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:bc:

Last spring I got prices from US27, Steve's Cycle in Bay City (where I bought my '17 Renegade XRS 800 for almost $1,000 less than Dee's) and Ray C's (who a friend of mine is friends with Ray Jr. and was supposed to take care of me, but didn't). 

US27 was about $300-$400 cheaper than Steven's and almost $800-$900 cheaper than Ray C's across the board.

I paid $13,727 OTD for a '20 MXZ XRS 850. Black, no track option or QA

I was quoted $14,051 for a Renegade XRS 850 same way. 

MXZ XRS 600r I was quoted 12,444

Crazy, OTD at C&C was $16,1k. Fancy gauge and 1.5” track.

I’ll look at Dee’s as well, if they’re somewhat close I’ll likely go with them. Their service is 2nd to none, but they’re a PITA to get to.

Edited by Doos

26 minutes ago, Doos said:

Crazy, OTD at C&C was $16,1k. Fancy gauge and 1.5” track.

I’ll look at Dee’s as well, if they’re somewhat close I’ll likely go with them. Their service is 2nd to none, but they’re a PITA to get to.

Yea fuck that .The gauge and track is only $1000. Wouldn't waste my time with a track "upgrade" from Doo either.  Better off going with a standard RipSaw1 then swapping it for a RipSaw2 yourself.

Re read what I said earlier about my '17. 

On 2/25/2020 at 10:01 AM, Angry ginger said:

uncoupled 146/154 vs coupled 137.  As woolie said on his review of the new sled not as good on trail but way better off than a 137.   

Yah, the Backcountry pops out of the snow much better. Its light enough to pin and wiggle out of most near stucks. Of course I managed  couple good stucks.