We Grow Our Coyotes Big

• Platinum Contributing Member
9 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Sonofabitch these bastards are getting large, just saw this one crossing my property.

E53CBE01-365F-4A70-B65D-8B4BCB50043D.jpeg

Fucking shoot that fucker!

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My buddy wants to drag a carcass down in the mining pit and have me set up with my AR 300yds away. Says they are worth $60 a piece right now.

The locals by me in the UP use chicken bones and chicken drum sticks. Cheap and effective I’m told.

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Fucking shoot that fucker!

The only thing close by was the .45 and that would have been just a noise maker at that distance :lol:

5 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

I think they are open season we’re you live Vince? Way to many in the county we live in. I’m assuming you are unincorporated? I can’t because in in town.

Yeah I'm unincorporated and I can hunt on my property, I don't know if it's just me but they seem to larger than they were 20-30 years ago :dunno:

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My buddy wants to drag a carcass down in the mining pit and have me set up with my AR 300yds away. Says they are worth $60 a piece right now.

300 yd range with this call 

https://www.cabelas.com/product/ICOTEC-GC-ELECTRONIC-PREDATOR-CALL/2076026.uts?productVariantId=4326357&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04276245&rid=20&ds_rl=1246537&ds_rl=1246540&ds_rl=1247888&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInfbH8rfl5wIVieNkCh1dpA8NEAQYAiABEgL1x_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

12 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

The locals by me in the UP use chicken bones and chicken drum sticks. Cheap and effective I’m told.

Food, always looking for food.

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

The only thing close by was the .45 and that would have been just a noise maker at that distance :lol:

Yeah I'm unincorporated and I can hunt on my property, I don't know if it's just me but they seem to larger than they were 20-30 years ago :dunno:

It could be just more fur? We have one that passes through that has  a really thin coat. Fucker looks sic,but has been around for a few years?

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Haha, very true!! :bc:

Yotes serve a purpose too, the eat a ton of rodents. But living in the suburbs has helped them multiply where they are a threat to pets and stuff. They are also good at culling off stray cats which can also get out of control. Balance. 

Edited by Anler
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yotes serve a purpose too, the eat a ton of rodents. But living in the suburbs has helped them multiply where they are a threat to pets and stuff. They are also good at culling off stray cats which can also get out of control. Balance. 

My black cat eats a lot of mice and voles, if I could only teach her how to dig for voles......

Or maybe I should get some pet minks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

A Gray/timber wolf will get up to 170 lbs and be 6ft in length standing up. The Eastern/red wolf is the fkr breeding with yotes and there's plenty up here. 

This yote we saw this morning looked like it was 75 lbs., and it had a really nice coat.

1 minute ago, Mileage Psycho said:

This yote we saw this morning looked like it was 75 lbs., and it had a really nice coat.

There were at least four that I could see in front of our place one night and two had started coming up the driveway. I was shining the flashlight on them and when I yelled they took off. A split second later two came back and when I fired off a bear banger they took off. The idiots next door have a dog chained up year-round and I think that was attracting them. The next day she calls here and asked if I fired again lol. They take the dog in now at night

16 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Only humans can purposely interrupt the entire food chain for “pleasure” or out of fear and then, believe they can equalize it by killing more.  “Wildlife Management”.

Hubris....another uniquely human trait.

Go hug a tree Phaggit.

33 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

My black cat eats a lot of mice and voles, if I could only teach her how to dig for voles......

Or maybe I should get some pet minks.

Minks are pretty vicious. 

32 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I've seen one like that by us, he's a handsome fellow for a coyote. They say they interbreed with dogs and can get that size. They are usually around 30-40 pounds.