Man cave is finally complete

yami123

6 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Nice work!. Do you have to put the egress in or you want to put it in

Thanks! There is no egress window, and I legally don’t have to have one (I don’t think) only because I’m not claiming anything down here as a bedroom. I would like to have one just for peace of mind :bc:

• Thanks 1

I used to have the basement that was going to be my future man cave. The wife has commandeered it and is using it as her dog grooming shop. Ok! I'll turn the garage into my space so I thought lol. Now that has turned into a woodworking shop for the all shit I'm doing for her crafts she's making. I have to see about getting a minor variance to build a garage/shop/man cave. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I used to have the basement that was going to be my future man cave. The wife has commandeered it and is using it as her dog grooming shop. Ok! I'll turn the garage into my space so I thought lol. Now that has turned into a woodworking shop for the all shit I'm doing for her crafts she's making. I have to see about getting a minor variance to build a garage/shop/man cave. 

:lol:  i've built the wife 3 craft areas and now she wants a she shed to put all her craft shit in.  Fucking women.  

1 hour ago, yami123 said:

Thanks! There is no egress window, and I legally don’t have to have one (I don’t think) only because I’m not claiming anything down here as a bedroom. I would like to have one just for peace of mind :bc:

My basement has 3. 2 slides and 1 crank out. These were here when we moved in almost 19 yrs ago and I'd say, by the looks of them, they've been here since new? Personally, I'm glad there here. Not that it would be easy to get out in case of a fire, but I guarantee you I'll be getting out! 

Not sure of codes in my area but I can't help but think it is a requirement? 

Nice job, BTW. :bc:

3 minutes ago, irv said:

My basement has 3. 2 slides and 1 crank out. These were here when we moved in almost 19 yrs ago and I'd say, by the looks of them, they've been here since new? Personally, I'm glad there here. Not that it would be easy to get out in case of a fire, but I guarantee you I'll be getting out! 

My house was built in 2004 and only has 2 small storm windows in the basement. Big enough for the 2 young kids to get out which is the most important thing god forbid something happen but there’s no way in hell any adult is getting out so I’m thinking I might have to invest in one but they are not cheap. 

53 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:  i've built the wife 3 craft areas and now she wants a she shed to put all her craft shit in.  Fucking women.  

Mine has turned a bdrm into her office/craftroom, 99.9% of a 6ftx6ft kitchen island and the dining room table. 

5 minutes ago, yami123 said:

My house was built in 2004 and only has 2 small storm windows in the basement. Big enough for the 2 young kids to get out which is the most important thing god forbid something happen but there’s no way in hell any adult is getting out so I’m thinking I might have to invest in one but they are not cheap. 

Can't put a price on safety nor your life. Just get it done and you'll be glad you did, imo. :bc:

• Like 1

21 hours ago, irv said:

Here an egress window is required on new construction on any house with a basement, unless it's a daylight or walkout. IDK when they started requiring one, but it's been a while. You must have one even if it's not going to be a finished basement.

21 hours ago, yami123 said:

Surprised they didn't have to have one being built in '04.  I'd be willing to be if they knew you have a finished basement now, they'd be all over you to add one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Here an egress window is required on new construction on any house with a basement, unless it's a daylight or walkout. IDK when they started requiring one, but it's been a while. You must have one even if it's not going to be a finished basement.

Surprised they didn't have to have one being built in '04.  I'd be willing to be if they knew you have a finished basement now, they'd be all over you to add one. 

They will definitely want one for sure. I plan on getting a few quotes eventually. God forbid a fire ever happens but I’d rather have a back up plan for sure :bc:

• Thanks 1