2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

6 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

They live in Mn and bought this down the road from me. They are the third owners. The guy had it for 35 years. It’s the real deal. The guy never showed it or let anybody know he had it. My bud paid dearly for it, but it’s a investment car. He paid less for it than if it went across a auction. 

985B9CD6-9B70-470A-B123-1B707A5789E1.jpeg

That's my 2nd favorite car of all time.  My #1 is it's sister car the 69 1/2 Roadrunner     

I had the opportunity to buy one just a few years ago. Guy I work with had one and a whole bunch of NOS parts for it.  He us to work at a Chrysler Dodge Plymouth dealer back in the late 70s and 80s and was collecting NOS parts for muscle cars. He had to pay for 2 weddings in less than 3 years so he sold it with the parts for it and all the other NOS parts he had collected over those years to help pay for the weddings.  He sold his A12 Roadrunner and all the NOS parts for it for $25K.  Car needed a complete restoration, but will be worth well over 6 figures when it's done.  Had I not been in the process of building a house at the time, I would have jumped all over it.  It was Vitamin C Orange too. 

5 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

That's my 2nd favorite car of all time.  My #1 is it's sister car the 69 1/2 Roadrunner     

I had the opportunity to buy one just a few years ago. Guy I work with had one and a whole bunch of NOS parts for it.  He us to work at a Chrysler Dodge Plymouth dealer back in the late 70s and 80s and was collecting NOS parts for muscle cars. He had to pay for 2 weddings in less than 3 years so he sold it with the parts for it and all the other NOS parts he had collected over those years to help pay for the weddings.  He sold his A12 Roadrunner and all the NOS parts for it for $25K.  Car needed a complete restoration, but will be worth well over 6 figures when it's done.  Had I not been in the process of building a house at the time, I would have jumped all over it.  It was Vitamin C Orange too. 

There are two brand new ford GTs for sale 200 yards from my house. Never titled ,plastic still on the seats,and never dealer prepped.  A red one and a black one. The owner of the ford dealership was a svt dealership at the time and got two. He wrote a check for them and put them away. He wants 500k each? Still no bites after a few years. I don’t think he cares? He has a 80 plus car collection.

10 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

There are two brand new ford GTs for sale 200 yards from my house. Never titled ,plastic still on the seats,and never dealer prepped.  A red one and a black one. The owner of the ford dealership was a svt dealership at the time and got two. He wrote a check for them and put them away. He wants 500k each? Still no bites after a few years. I don’t think he cares? He has a 80 plus car collection.

Sounds like Russ Milne Sr. and Jr. here 

I was just texting Fred about his 69 1/2 Roadrunner he sold.  He says he started looking for another one to buy. He's retiring April 1st. I told him I'll help him find one 

5 hours ago, irv said:

I've heard that about the new ones. When I went from my 09 Sierra SLT into my 13 Ram, I couldn't believe the difference in ride quality and the reduced noise difference. Can't imagine how they could improve on that for the newer ones but I've heard repeatedly, if don't plan on buying one, don't take one for a drive. 

That is something I've never tried even though I dislike it too. 

The low beams are shit for sure. I purchased some newer bulbs, which are suppose to be a lot better than the stockers, but I've never gotten around to installing them yet. Read it on a Ram forum where you just bend one of the tabs and they'll fit right in. Bit of a pain, based on the vids I've watched, to replace these lights but I'm going to be doing come this spring regardless.

Tsc off should be off ...not partially off.

I replaced lows, highs & fogs. somewhat of a PIA job ...grille off, headlight housings off. Mine were supposed to be plug & play. Ended up having to trim the dust covers a bit still. Huge improvement on all 3 of the lights. BS they don't put good lights in factory.

1 hour ago, Woodtick said:

They live in Mn and bought this down the road from me. They are the third owners. The guy had it for 35 years. It’s the real deal. The guy never showed it or let anybody know he had it. My bud paid dearly for it, but it’s a investment car. He paid less for it than if it went across a auction. 

985B9CD6-9B70-470A-B123-1B707A5789E1.jpeg

Pure muscle car there

• Like 1