2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

1 hour ago, Legend said:

That is the truth. My dad has OEM LED in a Ram and they are ok. My F150 with LED is ok. 

I put some aftermarket LED's in & they do pretty good. Stockers are a joke.

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

you have ridden about 100 miles the last decade,  i got tossed a few times in the 30k miles I rode over that same decade and i drive an explorer SBYL.   Chicks dig the green soccer mom SUV.    

Settle down Tucker - I've rode plenty more than that.

29 minutes ago, Tinker said:

Try holding it while in 4wd

Will try again.

19 hours ago, Doos said:

You know me, I love the 150 and think the current model is great. Last time around I wanted the 150 only for the EB, for what I got with the Ram it was a no brainer. 

I’ve been in the new Fords, nothing wrong with them. The Ram aside from the engine and trans is better than the 150. I could not be more impressed with the 20 Ram, it’s amazing. Had I gone with the one ton option I was considering it would have been Ford no question, first year engine and trans held me back though. 

Not bashing Ford, but I had a Expedition Limited last week and really missed the Ram. The stereo alone makes the difference, not to mention how much more quiet it is.

16DDBA6F-22A0-48BD-90AB-2B070FDB9E79.jpeg

93D7A971-F251-43DC-837B-31E6B0413CAE.jpeg

Beautiful truck, even better color :bc:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Woodtick said:

Fucking :owned:  the boss bought 6 2500 and 3 3500s last year. Didn’t even ask ford for a bid.  I think they are buying 6 this year.

It would have cost Ford less than 4K and they would have had a very happy customer, instead they lost a customer along with revenue that went to Generous Motors.

Here's the story; a fuel injector breaks and holes a piston, vehicle goes into the Ford dealer in Gaylord, MI, I tell the service manager I had a chip and he says no worries that had nothing to do with the FI breaking, the guy sets me up with a oaner vehicle :thumb:

Fast forward a few weeks and he calls with bad news, his mom passed and he went back to Ohio to bury her, meanwhile Ford sends out some factory guy they imported from California and this prick red flags my truck in the whole FOMOCO system, anyhow it cost me 10K and it cost Ford a fleet customer, and to be honest Ford has always been shitty as something could be out of warranty by a 1,000 miles or a month and the best they will do is maybe pay for the parts, GM on the other hand wouldn't even blink an eye on coving stuff like that.

Can't get a Corvette engine in a Ford either, FUCK FORD!!! :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It would have cost Ford less than 4K and they would have had a very happy customer, instead they lost a customer along with revenue that went to Generous Motors.

Here's the story; a fuel injector breaks and holes a piston, vehicle goes into the Ford dealer in Gaylord, MI, I tell the service manager I had a chip and he says no worries that had nothing to do with the FI breaking, the guy sets me up with a oaner vehicle :thumb:

Fast forward a few weeks and he calls with bad news, his mom passed and he went back to Ohio to bury her, meanwhile Ford sends out some factory guy they imported from California and this prick red flags my truck in the whole FOMOCO system, anyhow it cost me 10K and it cost Ford a fleet customer, and to be honest Ford has always been shitty as something could be out of warranty by a 1,000 miles or a month and the best they will do is maybe pay for the parts, GM on the other hand wouldn't even blink an eye on coving stuff like that.

You know the company I work for. They got burned by a bunch of those new style vans. It will be a long time before they buy another ford. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

Service managers don't know shit. Thats why they are behind the counter. They are customer service reps, nothing more. 

"Chips" increase timing, and fuel psi. Two things that are directly related to longevity of fuel injectors.....Was it an Edge products chip?

Im not jumping up and down about Fords, IMO every manufacturer builds good stuff, though expensive. I will agree with you it seems like GM is better about warranty, though if they were to send a rep out to look at a "chipped" truck I'd bet the outcome would have been the same.

5 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Poor little Wincy- modifies truck, fucks it up, denied warranty= Fords fault :lol:

What a stupid fuck you are 

I was going to leave you alone......and then I remembered the brake pedal that disconnected from the actuator......yeah the good news is the piece of shit ended up in Lake Huron and didn't wipe out a family or school bus stop full of kids....FUCK FORD!!!!

11 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

You know the company I work for. They got burned by a bunch of those new style vans. It will be a long time before they buy another ford. 

Thanks for that info, shit like that costs money with the downtime....FUCK FORD!!!

The truck was a beauty and I keep my stuff nice, but after the brake failure which was only 5 months after I spent 10K on Ford reman with a 24 month unlimited mileage waranty I said fuck it, and FUCK FORD!!!

ex2.jpg

ex7.jpg

ex20.jpg

ford.jpg

ex13.jpg

ex16.jpg

ex18.jpg

ex22.jpg

48 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

A friend just bought his wife one. To keep her from driving her pink Hemi 70 cuda.:lol:

Clone or they're lucky with what they have.   And if it's not a clone then I don't blame him for not wanting her to drive it. 

If the 5th digit of the VIN isn't an R it's not a real Hemi car. And if doesn't have FM3 on the fender tag , it's not the right color.  

I'd be interested to see both 

Oh and it's Moulin Rouge , not pink 

12 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Clone or they're lucky with what they have.   And if it's not a clone then I don't blame him for not wanting her to drive it. 

If the 5th digit of the VIN isn't an R it's not a real Hemi car. And if doesn't have FM3 on the fender tag , it's not the right color.  

I'd be interested to see both 

Oh and it's Moulin Rouge , not pink 

They own a speed shop,they built it and it’s a pink resto mod . She beat breast cancer, and it  has that theme. They have two # matching hemi’s in their collection. Those get trailered.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doos said:

Since Ram split from Dodge they’ve been doing a great job with the trucks. I had an 18 as well, good truck only a couple minor issues. Didn’t tow worth a shit but it wasn’t the end of the world. 

Don’t drive a 5th gen Ram, I thought the 18 was really nice, the new models were a pretty big jump in just about every way. 

I've heard that about the new ones. When I went from my 09 Sierra SLT into my 13 Ram, I couldn't believe the difference in ride quality and the reduced noise difference. Can't imagine how they could improve on that for the newer ones but I've heard repeatedly, if don't plan on buying one, don't take one for a drive. 

5 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Like mine pretty good - except haven't figured out how to turn the trac control off completely yet. That annoys me ...

Find your own vid dummy ... sure didn't look like a 4 cyl towing that Ford around :read:

Nice - but barely touch the panels & they have scuff marks.

That is something I've never tried even though I dislike it too. 

3 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

Oh the other thing ...worst headlights ever on the Ram :flush:

The low beams are shit for sure. I purchased some newer bulbs, which are suppose to be a lot better than the stockers, but I've never gotten around to installing them yet. Read it on a Ram forum where you just bend one of the tabs and they'll fit right in. Bit of a pain, based on the vids I've watched, to replace these lights but I'm going to be doing come this spring regardless.

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

They own a speed shop,they built it and it’s a pink resto mod . She beat breast cancer, and it  has that theme. They have two # matching hemi’s in their collection. Those get trailered.

I kinda figured it wasn't real.  That's the most rare color for '70 and for the '70 Hemi 'Cuda. That I know for sure. 

Cool  that he did that for her tho. 

I looked it up to get the numbers right.

Moulin Rouge (Dodge-Panther Pink)  is a very rare color.  The lowest production color for 1970.  Only 255 total Plymouth Barracudas and 'Cudas came from the factory in FM3. Out of those 255 only 1or 2  were Hemi 'Cuda. Only 1 has been confirmed by the registry.

A buddy of mine has an FM3 '70 (Panther Pink) Dodge Challenger T/A. The rarest color on the T/A.  I almost bought a FM3 '70 Dodge Dart 340 in ''88/'89.  It had been in a wreck and was in worse shape than what we wanted to deal with.  Looking back in it now,  I wish I would have still got it being how rare of a color it is. I also passed up on a '70 R/T SE Challenger 440 Six Pack.  It was Burnt Orange Metallic with Burnt Orange interior. It was all original and all numbers matching and it was all these.  But it needed a complete restoration and he was asking $6K for it back then.  That's one I should have never let slip thru my fingers. That's a super rare car.  They only built 135 '70 R/T SE Six Pack Challengers.   Not sure on he exact numbers, but I'm sure Burnt Orange is ultra rare with that engine. That car would be worth probably close to $300K today, maybe more.  

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

22 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I kinda figured it wasn't real.  That's the most rare color for '70 and for the '70 Hemi 'Cuda. That I know for sure. 

Moulin Rouge (Dodge-Panther Pink)  is a very rare color.  The lowest production color for 1970.  Only 255 total Plymouth Barracudas and 'Cudas came from the factory in FM3. Out of those 255 only 1or 2  were Hemi 'Cuda. Only 1 has been confirmed by the registry.

A buddy of mine has an FM3 '70 (Panther Pink) Dodge Challenger T/A. The rarest color on the T/A.  I almost bought a FM3 '70 Dodge Dart 340 in ''88/'89.  It had been in a wreck and was in worse shape than what we wanted to deal with.  Looking back in it now,  I wish I would have still got it being how rare of a color it is. I also passed up on a '70 R/T SE Challenger 440 Six Pack.  It was Burnt Orange Metallic with Burnt Orange interior. It was all original and all numbers matching and it was all these.  But it needed a complete restoration and he was asking $6K for it back then.  That's one I should have never let slip thru my fingers. That's a super rare car.  They only built 135 '70 R/T SE Six Pack Challengers.   Not sure on he exact numbers, but I'm sure Burnt Orange is ultra rare with that engine. That car would be worth probably close to $300K today, maybe more.  

Around what year were you looking at the burnt orange 70 Challenger 6 pack? My step dad sold his around 90 I believe, same car. And I believe he sold it for 5 or 6k. Needed a total restoration, including a driver side window where I put a baseball through the original.

Edited by Doos

4 minutes ago, Doos said:

Around what year were you looking at the burnt orange 70 Challenger 6 pack? My step dad sold his around 90 I believe, same car. And I believe he sold it for 5 or 6k. Needed a total restoration, including a driver side window where I put a baseball through the original.

It was either '89 or '90.  Car was sitting over off I-696 service drive and Bunert Rd/Groseback area if I remember correctly. 

12 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It was either '89 or '90.  Car was sitting over off I-696 service drive and Bunert Rd/Groseback area if I remember correctly. 

Ah, this one would have been sitting on top of a hill in my yard in Lake Orion.

3 hours ago, Legend said:

Service managers don't know shit. Thats why they are behind the counter. They are customer service reps, nothing more. 

"Chips" increase timing, and fuel psi. Two things that are directly related to longevity of fuel injectors.....Was it an Edge products chip?

Im not jumping up and down about Fords, IMO every manufacturer builds good stuff, though expensive. I will agree with you it seems like GM is better about warranty, though if they were to send a rep out to look at a "chipped" truck I'd bet the outcome would have been the same.

If the service managers mom doesn't die the truck is covered, and the chip wasn't even in the truck, the cover was for the connection point was off and in the console.

Ford was going through bad times they had just borrowed $23 billion in November 2006, (my FI issue was March 2007) and in Michigan everyone is connected to the auto industry and everyone covers for everyone with no regard t obrand as long as it's a Big 3 brand, thus Ford brought in folks from out of state with no loyalties to no one in Michigan. My local dealer begged Ford to cover me knowing the size of my fleet purchases, short term thinking cost them long term.

22 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Wonder if the new style ram will be as rusty as the previous Gen in quick time 

My 2011 popped rust high on the left hand fender, another one of my cherry trucks that pukes prematurely with a camshaft failure at 90K....FUCK RAM!!! Oh and the 5.7 eats exhaust manifold gaskets every 50K.....FUCK RAM

Generous Motors :bowdown:

26 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Wonder if the new style ram will be as rusty as the previous Gen in quick time 

You don't even need a quiet night anymore to hear a Ford rust. :bc:

19 minutes ago, Doos said:

Ah, this one would have been sitting on top of a hill in my yard in Lake Orion.

I hope it went to a good home. 

Guy I bought my sled dolly from a couple of years ago over off 29 and campground has a B5 Blue 440 Six Pack Challenger R/T  Was a nut and bolt rotisserie restoration. A Galen certified car.  Fucking bad ass car.  

18 minutes ago, Doos said:

21 F150 interior looks nice.

image.thumb.jpeg.2152194386c4777fcdee19364c8cb9b6.jpeg

Should have one at my shop soon. 

16 minutes ago, irv said:

You don't even need a quiet night anymore to hear a Ford rust. :bc:

You're the  only guy with a few year old ram that has 0 rust.  My aluminum body will just corrode thank you :lol: :bc: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

They live in Mn and bought this down the road from me. They are the third owners. The guy had it for 35 years. It’s the real deal. The guy never showed it or let anybody know he had it. My bud paid dearly for it, but it’s a investment car. He paid less for it than if it went across a auction. 

985B9CD6-9B70-470A-B123-1B707A5789E1.jpeg