2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

1 hour ago, irv said:

My 13 Ram is the best truck I have ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to own another one when the time comes. In fact, it is highly unlikely I will even look at another GM, let alone a Found On Road Dead. If I had no choice and had to drive a Ford, it would really suck having to drive it around at night only. :news:

Super quiet, peppy as fuck, comfortable, great sound system. The list goes on and on. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

Since Ram split from Dodge they’ve been doing a great job with the trucks. I had an 18 as well, good truck only a couple minor issues. Didn’t tow worth a shit but it wasn’t the end of the world. 

Don’t drive a 5th gen Ram, I thought the 18 was really nice, the new models were a pretty big jump in just about every way. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, irv said:

My 13 Ram is the best truck I have ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to own another one when the time comes. In fact, it is highly unlikely I will even look at another GM, let alone a Found On Road Dead. If I had no choice and had to drive a Ford, it would really suck having to drive it around at night only. :news:

Super quiet, peppy as fuck, comfortable, great sound system. The list goes on and on. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

Like mine pretty good - except haven't figured out how to turn the trac control off completely yet. That annoys me ...

56 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: yea, now maybe find one of Ford's CURRENT model  , and not one that hasn't been made since '14 against Rams top of the line 1500.  And not to mention, that's not even an Ecoboost.  Good Lord you are dumb :lmao:

Find your own vid dummy ... sure didn't look like a 4 cyl towing that Ford around :read:

14 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the ram interior is by far the best.  Fords is OK I'd say not much different than the GMC.  

Nice - but barely touch the panels & they have scuff marks.

2 hours ago, irv said:

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

20181027_154450.thumb.jpg.867bc14f32b4c457050a335516fd623b.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

the ram interior is by far the best.  Fords is OK I'd say not much different than the GMC.  

They're great for soccer mom's 

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

Find your own vid dummy ... sure didn't look like a 4 cyl towing that Ford around :read:

Anytime you want to hook your soccer mom truck up against mine , just let me know. Won't be pretty for you 

26 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I'd agree ram is the nicest. It's the truck around it and e torque I don't want. 

1 minute ago, ford_428cj said:

As soon as I can figure how to turn the TSC off completely - I'll hook up to ya.

Apparently the Shift to Park re-flash makes the TSC only off in 4wd holding the button for 15 secs. F'n hate it too

5 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I'd agree ram is the nicest. It's the truck around it and e torque I don't want. 

Since they’re putting start stop in everything now you want the e torque. 100% less annoying than any other system I’ve driven. 

Once you let off the brake the electric motor starts the wheels turning. Pretty slick really.

Edited by Doos

7 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

I have a Ford with stop/start and FCA with E-torque. The E-torque is MILES ahead of the Ford start/stop. WAY smoother and much more refined. 

I'll be honest, I dont know how long either will last. But neither does anyone else. If you look online, you'll find issues with both. Though not as much as you'd think.

17 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

As soon as I can figure how to turn the TSC off completely - I'll hook up to ya.

:lol: it's not gonna matter really.  It will be over for you in about 2 seconds , if that :lmao:

13 minutes ago, Doos said:

Since they’re putting start stop in everything now you want the e torque. 100% less annoying than any other system I’ve driven. 

Once you let off the brake the electric motor starts the wheels turning. Pretty slick really.

Tool me a couple of days to get use to the start/stop on my '18   I don't even notice it anymore. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Like mine pretty good - except haven't figured out how to turn the trac control off completely yet. That annoys me ...

Nice - but barely touch the panels & they have scuff marks.

they make it so idiots like you can't turn it off and wrap it around a tree :news:  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol: it's not gonna matter really.  It will be over for you in about 2 seconds , if that :lmao:

Tool me a couple of days to get use to the start/stop on my '18   I don't even notice it anymore. 

I have auto start stop turned off 

3 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My Hemi Grand Cherokee with the SRT interior is the best SUV ever. It’s a tremendous vehicle. I just use the work truck when I need a few bags of mulch at Home Depot.

Buddy of mine was in a Trackhawk and said it was awesome.  For around $90K, it should be..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tinker said:

Apparently the Shift to Park re-flash makes the TSC only off in 4wd holding the button for 15 secs. F'n hate it too

Tried the holding the button down - but didn't do anything.  Must be I need that re-flash.

I couldn't even roost across a snowy field the other day in 2wd with that BS :flush:

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

they make it so idiots like you can't turn it off and wrap it around a tree :news:  

You got ragdolled off your sled every other weekend ... & you still drive a Buick Rendevous correct? Now stifle yourself while the men are talking Clem ...

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
36 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My Hemi Grand Cherokee with the SRT interior is the best SUV ever. It’s a tremendous vehicle. I just use the work truck when I need a few bags of mulch at Home Depot.

I hear Raptors are good for mulch duty....

59 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Tried the holding the button down - but didn't do anything.  Must be I need that re-flash.

I couldn't even roost across a snowy field the other day in 2wd with that BS :flush:

You got ragdolled off your sled every other weekend ... & you still drive a Buick Rendevous correct? Now stifle yourself while the men are talking Clem ...

you have ridden about 100 miles the last decade,  i got tossed a few times in the 30k miles I rode over that same decade and i drive an explorer SBYL.   Chicks dig the green soccer mom SUV.    

9 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

you have ridden about 100 miles the last decade,  i got tossed a few times in the 30k miles I rode over that same decade and i drive an explorer SBYL.   Chicks dig the green soccer mom SUV.    

670746448_giphy.gif.cf-2020-02-06T084235_985.gif.845e7577022a170e81d05de4bfe03232.gif316607943_1541936700_giphy.gif.cf(54).gif.88374ee298ea42834efc774fc2759078(1).gif.11278c04269202418145056af733641c.gif

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

Try holding it while in 4wd