2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

18 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Ford limited little f150 with the Eco ho kills anything in gms offerings.  Not even remotely funny 

wrong GMC AT4 w/ 6.2 FTMFW

Ram has a long history of being whored out to keep sales up.  GM has taken an approach to be profitable even if it means having lower sales.  It's why they had to right size the number of plants they have although IMO for optics they should shutter a mexican one or make it export only and move all SUV/truck production back to the states.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Ram has a long history of being whored out to keep sales up.  GM has taken an approach to be profitable even if it means having lower sales.  It's why they had to right size the number of plants they have although IMO for optics they should shutter a mexican one or make it export only and move all SUV/truck production back to the states.  

6.2 is such a simple engine to accomplish the goal too. A back yard mechanic can still fix it. I problem when it’s off warranty. Ford has always been brutal for complex solutions to simple problems 

10 minutes ago, ACE said:

6.2 is such a simple engine to accomplish the goal too. A back yard mechanic can still fix it. I problem when it’s off warranty. Ford has always been brutal for complex solutions to simple problems 

GM's 6.2L with VVT and DI and DFM, Dynamic Fuel Management has 17 different cylinder patterns and samples fuel and power demands 80 times per second

12 hours ago, Doos said:

You know me, I love the 150 and think the current model is great. Last time around I wanted the 150 only for the EB, for what I got with the Ram it was a no brainer. 

I’ve been in the new Fords, nothing wrong with them. The Ram aside from the engine and trans is better than the 150. I could not be more impressed with the 20 Ram, it’s amazing. Had I gone with the one ton option I was considering it would have been Ford no question, first year engine and trans held me back though. 

Not bashing Ford, but I had a Expedition Limited last week and really missed the Ram. The stereo alone makes the difference, not to mention how much more quiet it is.

My 13 Ram is the best truck I have ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to own another one when the time comes. In fact, it is highly unlikely I will even look at another GM, let alone a Found On Road Dead. If I had no choice and had to drive a Ford, it would really suck having to drive it around at night only. :news:

Super quiet, peppy as fuck, comfortable, great sound system. The list goes on and on. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tinker said:

GM's 6.2L with VVT and DI and DFM, Dynamic Fuel Management has 17 different cylinder patterns and samples fuel and power demands 80 times per second

Which is some easy hardware and the rest is all tuning 

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

The at4 is very nice offering but the interior imo is the worst on the market 

• Gold Member

Gm 6.2 with afm are not built for longevity.  The valve train will shit the bed on them due to the complexity of the system.  Common failure point when hitting the 100k mile point and beyond.  $3600 to fix it.  It’s not a matter of if, but a matter of when, the valve train gets jacked up on a 6.2 GM when out of warranty.

4 minutes ago, BOHICA said:

Gm 6.2 with afm are not built for longevity.  The valve train will shit the bed on them due to the complexity of the system.  Common failure point when hitting the 100k mile point and beyond.  $3600 to fix it.  It’s not a matter of if, but a matter of when, the valve train gets jacked up on a 6.2 GM when out of warranty.

Seldom goes but if it does you can fix it for around $300

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Seldom goes but if it does you can fix it for around $300

99.9 percent are going to take them in to get fixed when they go...  over $3k.  you could just as easily fix an ecoboost if you can fix the complicate afm system components on the gm’s 

Edited by BOHICA

Just now, BOHICA said:

99.9 percent are going to take them in to get fixed when they go...  you could just as easily fix an ecoboost if you can fix the complicate afm system components on the gm’s 

It’s not complicated at all. It’s just a lifter :lol: 

• Gold Member

Gm also you have a chance of having a transmission that rivals the quality of the Ford Focus transmission.....  the 8Lxx series of transmission that GM made.  Run away fast from the models equipped with that transmission.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, irv said:

My 13 Ram is the best truck I have ever owned and I wouldn't hesitate to own another one when the time comes. In fact, it is highly unlikely I will even look at another GM, let alone a Found On Road Dead. If I had no choice and had to drive a Ford, it would really suck having to drive it around at night only. :news:

Super quiet, peppy as fuck, comfortable, great sound system. The list goes on and on. 

IMG_0470 (Large).JPG

they do make a shitty gas cap :salute:

do1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In the time since that OEM fuel injector grenaded I've purchased over a million dollars worth of GM vehicles, FUCK FORD :lol:

Poor little Wincy- modifies truck, fucks it up, denied warranty= Fords fault :lol:

What a stupid fuck you are 

2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Angry Jay’s head just exploded. :lmao:

Not at all. He's a fucking idiot, just like you are 

2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

Ford limited little f150 with the Eco ho kills anything in gms offerings.  Not even remotely funny 

Poor Gaped Anus 

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

3.5eb is way better SBYL

1 hour ago, ford_428cj said:

:lol: yea, now maybe find one of Ford's CURRENT model  , and not one that hasn't been made since '14 against Rams top of the line 1500.  And not to mention, that's not even an Ecoboost.  Good Lord you are dumb :lmao:

4 hours ago, Mileage Psycho said:

In the time since that OEM fuel injector grenaded I've purchased over a million dollars worth of GM vehicles, FUCK FORD :lol:

Fucking :owned:  the boss bought 6 2500 and 3 3500s last year. Didn’t even ask ford for a bid.  I think they are buying 6 this year.

39 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Poor little Wincy- modifies truck, fucks it up, denied warranty= Fords fault :lol:

What a stupid fuck you are 

Not at all. He's a fucking idiot, just like you are 

Poor Gaped Anus 

3.5eb is way better SBYL

:lol: yea, now maybe find one of Ford's CURRENT model  , and not one that hasn't been made since '14 against Rams top of the line 1500.  And not to mention, that's not even an Ecoboost.  Good Lord you are dumb :lmao:

Settle down you angry twat before you stroke out. :lmao: