2017 Eco-Boost, 8K repair bill so far....

Kivalo

Eco boost = big $ repairs. Bud just had to have a motor replaced. He just got it back and is looking to trade it off. Big time ford guy has been in many Chevy lots.  It’s still under a extended warranty. He said it’s gone ,just before it expires.

4 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Eco boost = big $ repairs. Bud just had to have a motor replaced. He just got it back and is looking to trade it off. Big time ford guy has been in many Chevy lots.  It’s still under a extended warranty. He said it’s gone ,just before it expires.

My brother is as big of a ford gay as AMG . But he says of ford quits building v8 f150’a he’s buying a 6.2 Chevy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Buddy of mine put copper plugs(for 3 weeks and then switched back to original plugs) in his 2017 Ecoboost and now, according to Ford, burned a hole in the side of the #5 piston which allowed the rings to slide out of position  and score the block. Ford tells him 8K for repairs, a new block and piston and then rebuild from the old motor. Apparently the cab has to come off. Evidently its still under warranty EXCEPT for the copper plugs(3 weeks).

GOD DAMN!!!!  :lol:

all the Ford dealers in my parts added huge service bays just for lifting body's off f trucks for service . I was at dealer last week and 4 were off the frame .

good luck doing driveway service after warrenty is out 

Edited by Ez ryder

2 hours ago, ACE said:

I raced one with a suburban and determined that is a lie!

No you didn’t.

My Yukon XL with the 6.2, tune, exhaust, and intake was no match for the EB. $500 tune for the EB, forget it. 

But I’m not brand loyal. Ford, GM, and Ram all represented equally. Ecoboost is the best light duty truck engine ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Doos said:

No you didn’t.

My Yukon XL with the 6.2, tune, exhaust, and intake was no match for the EB. $500 tune for the EB, forget it. 

But I’m not brand loyal. Ford, GM, and Ram all represented equally. Ecoboost is the best light duty truck engine ever. 

Poor brand biased buttcocks 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

5.o only way to go . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

5.o only way to go . 

The EB is pretty well proven after 10+ years and they sell a shit ton of them. Two I’ve had were flawless, and much better drivers than the 5.0.

Too bad Ram didn’t have an EB equivalent, they’d own the market. 

8 minutes ago, Doos said:

The EB is pretty well proven after 10+ years and they sell a shit ton of them. Two I’ve had were flawless, and much better drivers than the 5.0.

The Gen 2 fixed alot of the issues the first Gen had. 

4 minutes ago, Doos said:

I have 2  5.0  1 pushing 200k the other has 140 . no powertrain issues yet . lol the both still have original plugs and antifreeze  1 has had like 8 at of tranny oil only because a line broke.

Ford quick connect hose fittings are shot and been the things that break the most . the electric power steering has gone out on both .

my buds have not had the long term reliability on there eco trucks and they actually maintain them I am a gas and go till it breaks .oh Ford tail gates,are total shit worst ever 4th on the 12  3rd on the 15

I got a ram this yr . I like the cab lay out ram always has the best cab to work out of . but the body's are total shit and you know this going in . you have to plan on dumping a ram in 6 yrs unless you want the rust bucket .also my ram gets shit mpg compared to my fords .driving and towing  but again i drive hard guys who pussyfoot around get prety good mpg out of there fiat,s

• Gold Member
58 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

My buddy is thinking the same thing, when he gets it back its going on craigslist.

19 minutes ago, Doos said:

The only reason why Rams are outselling GM is because they're damn near giving them away.

My buddy just priced out an F150, Silverado and Ram and the Ram is the cheapest of the 3 to replace his '17 Silverado. He said Ram is also the worst. He said and I quote "compared the the F150 and Silverado, they're garbage. They're no where near as good of a truck as an F150 or Silverado/Sierra. Only reason I'm considering getting one is because it's so cheap and my boat doesn't weigh much.  If I was towing more , I'd for sure get the 3.5EB or 6.2 Chevy. The Ram is weak. Feels like driving a 4 cylinder compared to the other 2"

20 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I have 2  5.0  1 pushing 200k the other has 140 . no powertrain issues yet . lol the both still have original plugs and antifreeze  1 has had like 8 at of tranny oil only because a line broke.

Ford quick connect hose fittings are shot and been the things that break the most . the electric power steering has gone out on both .

my buds have not had the long term reliability on there eco trucks and they actually maintain them I am a gas and go till it breaks .oh Ford tail gates,are total shit worst ever 4th on the 12  3rd on the 15

I got a ram this yr . I like the cab lay out ram always has the best cab to work out of . but the body's are total shit and you know this going in . you have to plan on dumping a ram in 6 yrs unless you want the rust bucket .also my ram gets shit mpg compared to my fords .driving and towing  but again i drive hard guys who pussyfoot around get prety good mpg out of there fiat,s

The Gen 3 5.0 is not near reliable as you.  My 5.0 had a water pump go, had to get towed and the ac compressor all less than 60k miles 

6 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

The only reason why Rams are outselling GM is because they're damn near giving them away.

My buddy just priced out an F150, Silverado and Ram and the Ram is the cheapest of the 3 to replace his '17 Silverado. He said Ram is also the worst. He said and I quote "compared the the F150 and Silverado, they're garbage. They're no where near as good of a truck as an F150 or Silverado/Sierra. Only reason I'm considering getting one is because it's so cheap and my boat doesn't weigh much.  If I was towing more , I'd for sure get the 3.5EB or 6.2 Chevy. The Ram is weak. Feels like driving a 4 cylinder compared to the other 2"

You know me, I love the 150 and think the current model is great. Last time around I wanted the 150 only for the EB, for what I got with the Ram it was a no brainer. 

I’ve been in the new Fords, nothing wrong with them. The Ram aside from the engine and trans is better than the 150. I could not be more impressed with the 20 Ram, it’s amazing. Had I gone with the one ton option I was considering it would have been Ford no question, first year engine and trans held me back though. 

Not bashing Ford, but I had a Expedition Limited last week and really missed the Ram. The stereo alone makes the difference, not to mention how much more quiet it is.

16DDBA6F-22A0-48BD-90AB-2B070FDB9E79.jpeg

93D7A971-F251-43DC-837B-31E6B0413CAE.jpeg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

The Gen 3 5.0 is not near reliable as you.  My 5.0 had a water pump go, had to get towed and the ac compressor all less than 60k miles 

both my 5.0 had the plastic quick fitting that goes on the h20 pump bust but pumps still original. 

my 12 is getting sketchy to drive it sort of floats around . the aftermarket rebuilt powerstering rack in combo with the totaly shot ball joints and tie rods . i had not driven it is some time when I took it to the store from a job a bit back I gave my 15 to my guy to drive and the 12 became my back up/trash truck I don't trust any one in it but me lol . I should put some money in the fr end but I know as,soon as I toss a grand at it it will take a massive dump and need to get sold for scrap 

20 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

not really true I just got one few mo back . they were all with in a grand of each other apples to apples.  fiat had the best warrenty.

now leasing ram was cheep as fuck but my shit gets to many mi and to much physical abuse  for a lease 

1 hour ago, Doos said:

No you didn’t.

My bone stock Yukon XL consistently beat the 2018 3.5 eco.  Wasn’t an issue 

Just now, ACE said:

My bone stock Yukon XL consistently beat the 2018 3.5 eco.  Wasn’t an issue 

Dude you’re a broken record over 15 years. 

Brand loyalty makes you a liar and a dumbfvck troll. Get it together Canadien Ben.

• Thanks 1