Bizarro world

Anler

So my dad got his MM card and is sitting outside my office talking with one of my childhood friends (who works with me now) about all of the different kinds of weed and how they affect you. And I'm sitting here thinking about that time old pops kicked me out of the house for smoking weed... :wtf:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

So my dad got his MM card and is sitting outside my office talking with one of my childhood friends (who works with me now) about all of the different kinds of weed and how they affect you. And I'm sitting here thinking about that time old pops kicked me out of the house for smoking weed... :wtf:

That's cause you ate all his Oreo's.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hahahaha. 

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yep I told him to GTFO!

That's frigging awesome man,..I catch myself setting my parents straight every now and then..haha!

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

That's frigging awesome man,..I catch myself setting my parents straight every now and then..haha!

It's a sad day when the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

It's a sad day when the child becomes the parent and the parent becomes the child. 

:bc:

Actually kinda freaked me out at first,. Haha

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Yep I told him to GTFO!

Blazing a bowl with my son last summer, he 21 now.  Laughing about how hard we came down on him when we caught him with a roach when he was 16.  Funny how things change. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I’ll never ever punish my kid for smoking weed.... it’s the least detrimental rec drug that’s commonly used. Alcohol is 1000x worse

I agree, I had the talk with my kids about all drugs. And you're right they are much safer with weed than alcohol. 

Just now, f7ben said:

I’ll never ever punish my kid for smoking weed.... it’s the least detrimental rec drug that’s commonly used. Alcohol is 1000x worse

Only time my son got into any real trouble for it was smoking in the house.  that is just rude and stupid.  We finally said go outside with it now that he's in college so he goes out by the shed.  

Probably would of handled it differently now, but still wouldn't be congratulating him on his choice of weed over alcohol. As a parent, I would never apologize for setting boundaries and  wanting the best for my kids.

14 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Probably would of handled it differently now, but still wouldn't be congratulating him on his choice of weed over alcohol. As a parent, I would never apologize for setting boundaries and  wanting the best for my kids.

Not excusing anything but youd have to be naive to think your kid isnt going to be exposed to drugs and alcohol and eventually try them. I want my kids to know they can trust me. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Not excusing anything but youd have to be naive to think your kid isnt going to be exposed to drugs and alcohol and eventually try them. I want my kids to know they can trust me. 

If you are honest about the dangers of weed. They are more likely to believe you about the dangers of pills and heroin.

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

If you are honest about the dangers of weed. They are more likely to believe you about the dangers of pills and heroin.

I let them know they are all "not good" but "these" wont kill you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Absolutely.   I agree alcohol is probably the biggest threat.  I know lots of people who never tried weed,  but I don’t know anyone who hasn’t drank alcohol.  I find it odd how we laugh about kids abstaining from sex, but embrace it as a good strategy when it comes to alcohol.  As a parent,  it is a  Tough line to walk between condoning and. Education.   You have to do everything you can to keep your kids from messing up their lives though, right? 
my nephew got caught with weed in school and it started him down a path with the criminal justice system that he never recovered from.  

3 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Absolutely.   I agree alcohol is probably the biggest threat.  I know lots of people who never tried weed,  but I don’t know anyone who hasn’t drank alcohol.  I find it odd how we laugh about kids abstaining from sex, but embrace it as a good strategy when it comes to alcohol.  As a parent,  it is a  Tough line to walk between condoning and. Education.   You have to do everything you can to keep your kids from messing up their lives though, right? 
my nephew got caught with weed in school and it started him down a path with the criminal justice system that he never recovered from.  

Hey I'm just trying to do my best I don't want to act like I know what I'm doing when it comes to parenting. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

Hey I'm just trying to do my best I don't want to act like I know what I'm doing when it comes to parenting. :lol:

Lol,  we all are.  
This is what my buddy woke up to Saturday morning leaving for work.    Not his kid!!!!    Him & his wife were so pissed. Their kids friend could of died out in their garage.   Scary stuff.  Not easy being a parent.  Kids do stupid shit and can change their lives drastically. 

09D62427-8D04-4882-8004-468C47BB91F1.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Lol,  we all are.  
This is what my buddy woke up to Saturday morning leaving for work.    Not his kid!!!!    Him & his wife were so pissed. Their kids friend could of died out in their garage.   Scary stuff.  Not easy being a parent.  Kids do stupid shit and can change their lives drastically. 

09D62427-8D04-4882-8004-468C47BB91F1.jpeg

One of my vendors has been having a rough go the last fewe years. His son was a driver in a drunk driving incident where another kid got killed and his daughter is now battling heroin addiction. They came home one night and found a dead kid on his back porch, OD'd. His daughter just got kicked out of rehab. They are moving away now. 

27 minutes ago, Anler said:

One of my vendors has been having a rough go the last fewe years. His son was a driver in a drunk driving incident where another kid got killed and his daughter is now battling heroin addiction. They came home one night and found a dead kid on his back porch, OD'd. His daughter just got kicked out of rehab. They are moving away now. 

Awful.  Seems like some people really get their fair share of grief.  My best buddy growing up, killed a woman drunk driving  right out of high school.  His brother OD’d a year later.  Nicest family. I felt awful for their parents.  My buddy never recovered either.  Did seven years in prison, turned him into a  thug. He is back in prison now.  

18 hours ago, Anler said:

I would get in trouble for stealing dad's pot . .my mom never had good pot 

36 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I would get in trouble for stealing dad's pot . .my mom never had good pot 

Had quite a few parents who would  host parties for us kids when I was in high school.

You know...........Kids are going to do it, why not give them a safe place to do so, instead of driving around.    

You have to be out of your mind to do so now a days.