Another "mentally ill" murderer

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

TRue, but the mentally ill are killing people that someone cares is dead. No one gives a fuck about some dead gangbanger.

I just don't buy mental illness is a significant portion of our murder rate.    There might be more people diagnosed as having a mental disorder today but the percentage of people likely having one as stayed relatively flat.

Your last statement is wrong too.   Lots of gangbangers have children.   Ever see the statistics of kids without fathers?   Sometimes even good parents can't keep their kids from going down that path either.   I don't feel sorry for the gang guy who gets killed but his children and sometimes his family I do.

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Why even ask you fucking idiot...WTF. Reagan did cut funding...sorry facts hurt your pea brain. :lol:

LOL  Do you have something to add to the conversation?  Prove how Reagan cut the funding or stop trying to make this political.  And the MHSA was only in effect for 1 year, so to reference that is idiotic and another partisan hack.

Edited by racer254

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I just don't buy mental illness is a significant portion of our murder rate.    There might be more people diagnosed as having a mental disorder today but the percentage of people likely having one as stayed relatively flat.

Your last statement is wrong too.   Lots of gangbangers have children.   Ever see the statistics of kids without fathers?   Sometimes even good parents can't keep their kids from going down that path either.   I don't feel sorry for the gang guy who gets killed but his children and sometimes his family I do.

Very true. Mentally ill are typically the victims. They tend to meek with poor support. There’s really only two forms of mental illness that results in violence. Paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar w/delusions. Both are very treatable with meds. 

30 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Remove or reduce drug/gang related murder and ours is as low as any western society.   Mental illness is not a significant portion of our countries murder rate.

Despite that, America’s violent crime rate is extremely low and has had an a most vertical path downward since the “90’s. 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Very true. Mentally ill are typically the victims. They tend to meek with poor support. There’s really only two forms of mental illness that results in violence. Paranoid schizophrenia and bipolar w/delusions. Both are very treatable with meds. 

And what happens when the patient doesn't take the meds?  Then what?  Relying on the patient to self medicate sounds like a problem

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LOL  Do you have something to add to the conversation?  Prove how Reagan cut the funding or stop trying to make this political.  And the MHSA was only in effect for 1 year, so to reference that is idiotic and another partisan hack.

Absolutely...I called you a fucking idiot but on second thought that really isn’t adding anything since it goes without saying. :lol:

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

And what happens when the patient doesn't take the meds?  Then what?  Relying on the patient to self medicate sounds like a problem

WTF are you adding other than more questions and hypotheticals. You dismiss facts and ask stupid fucking questions. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Wisconsin has a chapter 51 board for court commitments. Unless there’s a judges order due to a danger to self and/or others, an individual has a right to reject medication. This is still america. 

Edited by spin_dry

10 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Despite that, America’s violent crime rate is extremely low and has had an a most vertical path downward since the “90’s. 

Yep.   We started keeping violent offenders in prison longer.   Majority of violent crime are repeat offenders.

23 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Big surprise. Normal people don't kill other people.

Well in reality some "other people" DO deserve it.....                 :wacko:                                                   :lmao: