Hey 550

3 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

In the last month I have forgotten more than you will ever know. FACT!!

You might know about tides and navigation, but I don't think you know how to operate a high-performance boat.

• Gold Member
1 minute ago, Polaris 550 said:

You might know about tides and navigation, but I don't think you know how to operate a high-performance boat.

Speed ain't difficult. Certainly not the kinda speed you get out of a mass production boat. A Custom one off, with bad ass everything well thats a different beast but your average Baja and Checkmate ain't shit. Neither are you!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kivalo said:

Speed ain't difficult. Certainly not the kinda speed you get out of a mass production boat. A Custom one off, with bad ass everything well thats a different beast but your average Baja and Checkmate ain't shit. Neither are you!!

You won't know how to trim the drives and tabs for racing out the river. You'll be PORPOISING all the way out, and people will be watching and laughing at you!!!

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Speed is VERY difficult and dangerous in rough water. You could either smash the hull to bits or launch off a wave and roll it. 

ROOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

How are you gonna' explain to your mother and nieces, that you got your ass kicked by a 72 year-old guy? 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I always figured those HP ratings were more akin to suggestions than laws. :bc:

I used to have a jon boat. Rated for 275 lbs. Who the fuck has a 75 lbs girlfriend besides a crack head or a pedophile?

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, Polaris 550 said:

If I can catch a fukkin' break from bullshit dentist and doctor appointments, and tax preparation, I'm gonna' head up to Bass Pro. 

Now, these are my three choices of boats:

A Nitro Z18

A Tuff 28/860

A 2005  42' Fountain w/twin 1350s, in Rhode Island

The Fountain would be great, but I've had a big boat before, and they can be a ton of trouble, and horrifying expense. I would like to roar that bastard out the Merrimack at 85 through the jetties. If something goes wrong with it, it could easily cost THOUSANDS!!!

The Tuff 28. He has a waiting list of ONE FUKKIN YEAR!! That is too long to wait for a boat. So, that's out.

The Nitro is manageable for me. I can keep it in my garage, hitch it up when I want, and go. It would also be the easiest to re-sell at some point. 

So, I'm leaning toward the Nitro, realistically. 

JUst buy a 21 ft center console with dual outboards. and call it fucking done. Easy to buy , easy to sell.

6 hours ago, Kivalo said:

You misspelled "45 year old who can drive a boat better than anyone you know"

well I got to give ya credit I would have never though about qualifying on boat operation on asphalt, that's a new 1 on me:news:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, 01mxz800 said:

well I got to give ya credit I would have never though about qualifying on boat operation on asphalt, that's a new 1 on me:news:

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

He's the best.

I wont lie, thats one of the easier maneuvers to learn. All it takes is a little carelessness and inattention to detail.  :lol:

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kivalo said:

You live in a cardboard box, your only boat is a piece of drift wood you happen to latch onto and you give hand-jobs for a living behind a sandwich shop. My guess is your wealth is equivalent to a couple of Fancy Feast tins and some beef jerky and maybe a hobo stove.

He’s upgraded to a camper from a cardboard box :lol: :bc: 

F6C6A412-9F18-4799-9FC0-E302B746C258.png

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Kivalo said:

I wont lie, thats one of the easier maneuvers to learn. All it takes is a little carelessness and inattention to detail.  :lol:

I must confess, 30 years ago I had a hitch break on a boat trailer and it passed me on the right just before it hit a house....got a few tickets out of that one LOL

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

JUst buy a 21 ft center console with dual outboards. and call it fucking done. Easy to buy , easy to sell.

That sounds like a boat for Newburyport. Yes, it is great down there, and I have thought about that. I'm more inclined to go the fresh-water, bass boat style. A Nitro would also have real good re-sale value. 

I only used my boat ONE time in the last three years. Goddamnit, I'm not sure yet, what I'll get. 

Last thing I want is a real good boat, just sitting in my garage. 

7 hours ago, 03classic700 said:

He’s upgraded to a camper from a cardboard box :lol: :bc: 

F6C6A412-9F18-4799-9FC0-E302B746C258.png

7 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

:lol:    i drove by a few weeks ago and didn't see the camper,  they might have made him be a bit more discreet.  

Wut, you think that shit's funny???? 

6 hours ago, 1jkw said:

Still close to his dumpster I see.

STFU!!!!   :fuckyou:

18 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Always with you its an excuse! Give a few extra handy's and sweet talk some dirty truckers and you'll save enough to buy the boat!!

I just sent someone on this site, my ONE-DAY take in the market. He won't tell you exactly what it was, but he will tell you if I'm broke, or If I have two nickels to rub together, or If I have a few dollar bills, or many dollar bills, or Holy Fuck!!!!

1 hour ago, Polaris 550 said:

That sounds like a boat for Newburyport. Yes, it is great down there, and I have thought about that. I'm more inclined to go the fresh-water, bass boat style. A Nitro would also have real good re-sale value. 

I only used my boat ONE time in the last three years. Goddamnit, I'm not sure yet, what I'll get. 

Last thing I want is a real good boat, just sitting in my garage. 

we all know you'll buy nothing

• Thanks 1