Youngest boys first ride

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ACE said:

My 7 year old has been after me to take him to the shack that’s closest to our house. It’s about 15 miles away. By the time we got there he didn’t want to stop. So we ended up stopping at three shacks and did around 65 miles by the time we got home. He can’t wait to go again. Was a nice little afternoon 

F6EF2046-1BEB-471A-9A54-DC3C227DF9CE.jpeg

CEB27CA7-1923-45D4-AB22-977A8644AC14.jpeg

73571F0D-EB0F-4960-B9AC-F66F0007A96D.jpeg

06F3592E-E0C5-4089-9CD0-9095DCE6BABD.jpeg

Nice. And at least you don't make them ride Cats.

I bought my son his first at 6 years old, 250 Bravo. He was my best riding partner until he hit 18 and decided he'd rather play video games fulltime. He's 27 next month and I asked him yesterday to come riding later this week and I get a "No Thanks."

Keep hoping some day he will come back before its too late.

Good on you for getting them involved. Enjoy it while it last.

9 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I bought my son his first at 6 years old, 250 Bravo. He was my best riding partner until he hit 18 and decided he'd rather play video games fulltime. He's 27 next month and I asked him yesterday to come riding later this week and I get a "No Thanks."

Mine is 19.5 and has yet to ride this year, not from lack of interest, but rather anxiety, he wants to do well.   He is not too far from you flying around preparing for his PPL now then off to commercial and then what ever.

There will always be a sled waiting.

The cat isn't in the pic, it went down again this time a flip that bent the handlebar and took it out of commish.  All that untamed power in every direction was too much for the rider.

Pretty good riding weekend, loving the new Doo, but really a tuff choice between the Poo Indy 850 and the Doo XRS 900T.

1238152527_2020-02-1615_21_27.thumb.jpg.a26543a86c3445fda7a66e97908dfd15.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I’m sure they lose interest after a while? Hopefully he comes back. Probably rather chase the muff around right now 

Edited by ACE
  • Haha 1

Just now, ACE said:

I’m sure they lose interest after a while? Hopefully he comes back. Probably rather chase the muff around right now 

mine rode till he was 10,  then went on 1 trip with me at 13, 18 and 19.   Sports and chicks were far more important the other years.  

My son is 18, soon to be 19, and he is itching to get out. With his schooling, working every weekend and the lack of snow in these parts this year, it simply hasn't worked out for him/us as he just doesn't have time anymore.

I've been pondering selling the XLT but knowing how much he still loves riding and wants to ride, I know I would feel bad if I ever did, especially if he had the opportunity to ride sometime but had no sled. 

Like I've said numerous times, this boy came out of the womb going vroom vroom so I don't think this is something that will ever leave him.

016_16_04 (Medium).jpg

010_10_02 (Large).jpg

016_16_05 (Medium).jpg

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0243 (Large).JPG

Image008_9.jpg

IMG_1227 (Large).JPG

walker sled1.JPG

• Like 5

1 minute ago, irv said:

My son is 18, soon to be 19, and he is itching to get out. With his schooling, working every weekend and the lack of snow in these parts this year, it simply hasn't worked out for him/us as he just doesn't have time anymore.

I've been pondering selling the XLT but knowing how much he still loves riding and wants to ride, I know I would feel bad if I ever did, especially if he had the opportunity to ride sometime but had no sled. 

Like I've said numerous times, this boy came out of the womb going vroom vroom so I don't think this is something that will ever leave him.

016_16_04 (Medium).jpg

010_10_02 (Large).jpg

016_16_05 (Medium).jpg

018_18_04 (Medium).JPG

HPIM0243 (Large).JPG

Image008_9.jpg

IMG_1227 (Large).JPG

walker sled1.JPG

Don’t sell it.  You’ll regret it. It might be something he will want to work on with his kids someday.  They aren’t worth much and that bit of cash you’d put in your pocket will just disappear 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Don’t sell it.  You’ll regret it. It might be something he will want to work on with his kids someday.  They aren’t worth much and that bit of cash you’d put in your pocket will just disappear 

x2

1 minute ago, ACE said:

All true. It's just getting to the point, with insurance, trail passes, upkeep, storage and other things, it makes no sense to keep it, but like I said above, it would kill me if he had no sled to ride and we had the time.

I think next year I am going to hold off on getting permits until we have rideable trails around here and it looks like it might stay? That might help but I know Mother isn't to impressed with me spending a G note on those things and not being able to ride.

• Like 1

Looks like you aren’t allowed to take kids riding here period until they’re 16 and have a licence which is very gay 

I’ve reached out to my MLA and snowman club members to see if we can implement something like Ontario and they actually seem quite interested 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Looks like you aren’t allowed to take kids riding here period until they’re 16 and have a licence which is very gay 

I’ve reached out to my MLA and snowman club members to see if we can implement something like Ontario and they actually seem quite interested 

Good luck. :bc:

I know with my son starting at such an early age, it would have bothered me to no end if he had to wait until he was 16 before trail riding with me. 

13 minutes ago, irv said:

Good luck. :bc:

I know with my son starting at such an early age, it would have bothered me to no end if he had to wait until he was 16 before trail riding with me. 

I think it’s unsafe too. Wait until they won’t listen to anyone before you give them any experience? Dumb. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ACE said:

Thought the rule was they couldn’t cross a maintained road way and ride alone till 16

Also it’s a waste talkin to Ricky about issues. 

4 minutes ago, snopro31 said:

Thought the rule was they couldn’t cross a maintained road way and ride alone till 16

Also it’s a waste talkin to Ricky about issues. 

They can ride on private property 

5 hours ago, irv said:

All true. It's just getting to the point, with insurance, trail passes, upkeep, storage and other things, it makes no sense to keep it, but like I said above, it would kill me if he had no sled to ride and we had the time.

I think next year I am going to hold off on getting permits until we have rideable trails around here and it looks like it might stay? That might help but I know Mother isn't to impressed with me spending a G note on those things and not being able to ride.

Don't buy a trail pass or insurance for it and just leave it.  Won't cost you anything.....

My kids were ripping this past weekend on the bravo's.  Those things are hard on the fuel! lol   Signed my son up for go kart racing at goodwood this summer too... Should be interesting haha

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, ACE said:

x3

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

You gonna get more miles on your 2020 than amg will get on his this season? Maybe 200?

Have three days of riding planned starting on Friday so yeah I’ll get over 200 easy 

• Like 1