What a shithole.

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I'd consider buying a place on the water down there sometime and VRBO it all year except when friends and family want to use it.   Got some friends that do it there and in Arizona and it more than pays for itself. 

Was looking at that back over a decade ago.  Real estate agent did the math, it was a condo on St. Petes for about 400K, if it was 100% paid for the return would have been about 4K.

The PT was the killer.

1 hour ago, Kivalo said:

Now this is the proper way to do Florida.  :bc:

Yessah

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

I've heard traffic in Tampa is almost as bad as Los Angeles these days

Its not bad at all. No where near like LA. Traffic keeps moving and people drive like retards but LA you can see your destination and be an hour away.

1 hour ago, s pump said:

Yessah

Its not bad at all. No where near like LA. Traffic keeps moving and people drive like retards but LA you can see your destination and be an hour away.

i was in tampa last year,  zero issue with traffic.  Orlando can be a bit of a shitshow but no worse than any other bigger city I've been to.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

i was in tampa last year,  zero issue with traffic.  Orlando can be a bit of a shitshow but no worse than any other bigger city I've been to.  

408 through Orlando is a 20 year old cluster fuck. There are piles of dirt moved for projects with 30 ft trees growing out of them. Total shit show of unfinished projects. Really is criminal/

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, s pump said:

Yessah

I lived in the Vally in 1983. I worked north so headed out of town when everyone was coming in . When looking at southbound side all I could think was No fucking way.

47 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I lived in the Vally in 1983. I worked north so headed out of town when everyone was coming in . When looking at southbound side all I could think was No fucking way.

I drove from Ventura through Pasadena to Riverside this past October. Took 5 hours to go 100 miles. From Ventura to Palm Springs was an 8 hour drive. 

The locals say that is normal these days. 

33 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

it is,  daughter was looking at going to Flagler college there before she decided to head to OH.  Great little town

It’s the only place in Florida I spend time in. Palm Coast used to be ok. That’s even getting seedy. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Was looking at that back over a decade ago.  Real estate agent did the math, it was a condo on St. Petes for about 400K, if it was 100% paid for the return would have been about 4K.

The PT was the killer.

True but I think the income potential has become greater with the popularity of shorter rentals thru vrbo and what not.

Edited by Highmark