Hockey

f7ben

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

God what a forum of faggots

Zero hockey talk here

faggots faggots faggots

Wild fired Bruce Budreau today and that makes me sad

I was never sold on Tater Tot.  But, our problems are way, way past coaching.

4 minutes ago, jammin said:

How is Hartman working out for the Wild? 

I like how he started with some good jump but, the Wild sweater is a hockey life sucker.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Hockey is boring tbh 

Are you even a Canadian, bro?

10 minutes ago, jammin said:

How is Hartman working out for the Wild? 

Ryan is what he is .... a solid 4th line guy who can rabble rouse a bit and play up on  3rd line if needed and bring a little skill

i have zero issue with him in his role

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Ryan is what he is .... a solid 4th line guy who can rabble rouse a bit and play up on  3rd line if needed and bring a little skill

i have zero issue with him in his role

Nice.  I watched a game a week or so ago and he played well.  Wife and I went to school with his Mom, Kim.  Good solid family. 

Just now, jammin said:

Nice.  I watched a game a week or so ago and he played well.  Wife and I went to school with his Mom, Kim.  Good solid family. 

I like him as a player. He seems like a good kid too

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, f7ben said:

God what a forum of faggots

Zero hockey talk here

faggots faggots faggots

Wild fired Bruce Budreau today and that makes me sad

I started a Hockey thread back in Sept/Oct but hardly anyone posted so it just fell to the back pgs.

Figured you nor Zam were posting because you had no faith in Minny and didn't care to watch nor discuss them.

3 minutes ago, irv said:

I started a Hockey thread back in Sept/Oct but hardly anyone posted so it just fell to the back pgs.

Figured you nor Zam were posting because you had no faith in Minny and didn't care to watch nor discuss them.

I apologize....I’m a rabid wild fan and I thought this was the year we would just really suck and we’d get a high draft pick. Alas here we are a bubble team again and destined to get fucked for another year

44 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I apologize....I’m a rabid wild fan and I thought this was the year we would just really suck and we’d get a high draft pick. Alas here we are a bubble team again and destined to get fucked for another year

No worries, but I was surprised you weren't posting anything about hockey. I believe I added to it a few times but mainly stuck to the Ontario one occasionally that was started.

Truthfully, other than the Leafs, I haven't really paid a whole lot of attention to hockey this year either, other than the world Jr's at Christmas.

I dont get the move by letting Bruce go unless he wanted a jump getting on with a new team.  Why not let him finish out the season?  I dont think it was any secret Guerin was going to move on after the season but why at this point?  The Zucker trade was good for both parties, i hope Jason gets a crack at a cup in Pit.

7 hours ago, F3600 said:

I dont get the move by letting Bruce go unless he wanted a jump getting on with a new team.  Why not let him finish out the season?  I dont think it was any secret Guerin was going to move on after the season but why at this point?  The Zucker trade was good for both parties, i hope Jason gets a crack at a cup in Pit.

It pisses me off to be honest.  Bruce deserves better than washed up vets calling the shots , a retarded owner who doesn’t know shit about his own teams potential or lack there of and a new GM who for whatever reason wouldn’t let him coach out his last two months

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • Platinum Contributing Member

"Cheryl Byfuglien and her son lived in a trailer behind the tidy home of her parents in Roseau, a hockey town of 2,700 in northwest Minnesota hard by the Manitoba border. 
Byfuglien rented his skates—not uncommon among growing kids—but paying off a stick shaft in three installments at the local hardware store was out of the ordinary. 
When Byfuglien went off to play junior hockey, his mother borrowed $80 from her parents to buy him an all-purpose black suit. "And we never found a winter coat that fit because he had such long arms and big shoulders," she says. "I don't know how he [lived in Canada] without a winter coat ... but we couldn't afford it at the time."

Source: si.com

6329E2CC-3309-43F6-B126-EDA77125A715.jpeg.9978ab438fb03380699697f330c506d2.jpeg

18 minutes ago, ACE said:

How the eff is that pronounced “bufflin”

The "Y" "G" and "E" are silent and you flip the "F" and the "U"'s positions and there you have it! Perfect English:lol: 

2 hours ago, ACE said:

How the eff is that pronounced “bufflin”

What kind of name is Byfuglien?

Byfuglien inherited the name from his mother, who is Norwegian. In his hometown, the tiny northwest Minnesota burg of Roseau, locals say “Bye-FOOG-lie-in.” On TV and among hockey fans, however, it's “Bufflin.” He's a large guy — listed at 257 pounds — so sometimes it's “Big Buff.”Jun 4, 2010

• 3 months later...

"There is nothing worse than seeing a guy talk shit and not back it up. Paper tigers, they would run around like assholes, talking smack to other guys, thinking that they could just hide behind the officials. Well, I knew better, so when I saw guys doing that I told my linesmen to go stand out on the blue line and let that guy get his ass kicked to teach him a lesson. That was fun, it really was. The expression on their faces when we wouldn’t step in was priceless."
– Paul Stewart

Source: "The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL."
By Ross Bernstein.

9FE3A7B5-0780-4AAC-9259-69DE5E757267.thumb.jpeg.2885d8388c1cc17bb884cc00d2865838.jpeg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

"There is nothing worse than seeing a guy talk shit and not back it up. Paper tigers, they would run around like assholes, talking smack to other guys, thinking that they could just hide behind the officials. Well, I knew better, so when I saw guys doing that I told my linesmen to go stand out on the blue line and let that guy get his ass kicked to teach him a lesson. That was fun, it really was. The expression on their faces when we wouldn’t step in was priceless."
– Paul Stewart

Source: "The Code: The Unwritten Rules of Fighting and Retaliation in the NHL."
By Ross Bernstein.

9FE3A7B5-0780-4AAC-9259-69DE5E757267.thumb.jpeg.2885d8388c1cc17bb884cc00d2865838.jpeg

Great ref! Tough as nails player.

• Like 1

Speaking of fighting ... did any of you guys watch that ESPN E60 show with the Aves and Wings?  The one from back when Lemieux took out Draper and all that followed?  If you haven't, it's a MUST SEE

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Speaking of fighting ... did any of you guys watch that ESPN E60 show with the Aves and Wings?  The one from back when Lemieux took out Draper and all that followed?  If you haven't, it's a MUST SEE

I need to watch this…Darren McCarty became a legend after pummeling Claude The Fraud!😂👊🏻