****Official 2020 iron dog race thread***

BOHICA

On 2/14/2020 at 12:22 PM, AKIQPilot said:

This years field is stacked with great Polaris teams.  There are really only 2 SkiDoo teams with a chance of winning IMO.  Team 7 and Team 6 are both very good SkiDoo teams and both have a very good chance to win again this year.  

Now there’s someone who knows a thing or two....... hmmmmm who’s out front on the last day !  How about some Lottery numbers ....eh’ Tom 

F7FEE977-18C3-4D6C-91FE-2FFEDD4D345A.png

Edited by farmereddie
  • Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 2:19 PM, Zambroski said:

Man, this is the first engine I've had to pull in 6-7 years.  It's just how it goes.  I see it as an opportunity!!!!!!!  

Yeah, fucked up my power valve too but,  I think something happened before that to start this shit show and I suspect something got sucked in to it.  Nose was filled with water but, not sure if it was from getting towed or from following in the snowdust real close.  Who fucking knows.  Case is good so, the garbage was mostly tossed out the exhaust. Small favors.  pfft.

Now.....decisions..decisions...decisions......

You’re warped if you see that as an opportunity. :slapping:

Well another Irondog is in the books. Team 7, Tyler Aklestad and Nick Olstad are the first team to the finish line in Big Lake. They have both won the race several times before but this is the first time they have raced together and it was obviously a great match.  I think they won with a +3hr lead over second  

Nice work Tyler and Nick. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well another Irondog is in the books. Team 7, Tyler Aklestad and Nick Olstad are the first team to the finish line in Big Lake. They have both won the race several times before but this is the first time they have raced together and it was obviously a great match.  I think they won with a +3hr lead over second  

On skeedoos

10 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

You’re warped if you see that as an opportunity. :slapping:

Why?  There’s no other good way to look at it.  I can now build it bigger, better, stronger, more powerful. Or pick and choose any of those.  Or, use it as an opportunity (excuse) to get some new metal.

This is called “motorsports”.

9 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Congrats to the winners.  Names look familiar too!  

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Why?  There’s no other good way to look at it.  I can now build it bigger, better, stronger, more powerful. Or pick and choose any of those.  Or, use it as an opportunity (excuse) to get some new metal.

This is called “motorsports”.

Congrats to the winners.  Names look familiar too!  

Aklestad, Olstad........Gonads. :lmao:

Looks like only 2 SkiDoo teams will finish this year. The southbound leg of the race was really hard on everyone.  8 maybe 9 Polaris teams will finish it looks like. The last of the teams should get to the finish line later tonight. 

2 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Looks like only 2 SkiDoo teams will finish this year. The southbound leg of the race was really hard on everyone.  8 maybe 9 Polaris teams will finish it looks like. The last of the teams should get to the finish line later tonight. 

Polaris makes the toughest sleds...

4 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

well they also started with twice as many sleds 

Just twice?  I’d have to look again but it seemed it was like 70% of the field.  That may have been a USXC race though.  Poo is working on dominating the XC market.  Good for them.