****Official 2020 iron dog race thread***

BOHICA

By my count 14 teams have scratched and 15 are still in the race. Only the first 5 teams have made it to the half way point so far. 

A few of the 15 teams still in the race and just moving along slowly at least 5 or 6 hours from Nome the half way point. 

Based on the weather and all the snow on the trail south I have a feeling a few more teams will drop out before they head south out of Nome on  Thursday. 

As you guys know Tomorrow will be a day of rest and repair and the half way awards banquet and celebration tomorrow evening. The teams will be released early Thursday morning for the run south. 

This year with the weather, the snow and the extra 400 miles of the course has proven to be brutal for some of these guys. 

The Nome Garage. 15 minute inspection. If youre up for some pretty cool stuff in the Iron Dog pits, here it is. 

Note. All the teams in the garage get to watch each other inspect and work on their sleds. Teams are helping other teams here. Its all about the Brand. Olstad from Team 7 is taking notes for his old partner Minnick of Team 16. 

How cool is this. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

The Nome Garage. 15 minute inspection. If youre up for some pretty cool stuff in the Iron Dog pits, here it is. 

Note. All the teams in the garage get to watch each other inspect and work on their sleds. Teams are helping other teams here. Its all about the Brand. Olstad from Team 7 is taking notes for his old partner Minnick of Team 16. 

How cool is this. 

Damn that is really cool...no legs and he is out tearing up The Iron Dog...hell yeah. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Team 39 had to scratch this morning. Robbie had a big get off yesterday on the sea ice. Hit a pressure ridge wrong and got bucked off the sled. He landed wrong and broke his collarbone. Sled suffered no damage. 

Robbie and Cody rode 200 more miles to Kotz and declared layover. When they got up this morning Robbie was in to much pain to continue. 

So sad for these guys. It looked like they had passed Team 7 for the lead leaving Unalakleet. They were on a very clean run. Just goes to show how quickly things can change. 

Boo!

Neal

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

Ouch. Not good Zam. I hate to be an ass but that is exactly what I told you would happen the other day. I could tell it wasn't electrical from havasu. 

Awww, hell.  You aren't being an ass.  My buddy swears he didn't see a spark so, we'd hoped it was a coil or VR issue and had something to do with my new LED lights I just put in.  One pull this morning to check for spark myself and I heard it.  I literally said to myself, "Uh oh".  No reason to even do a comp test, just started tearing it down and a quick peak through the Y confirmed it. 

Another trail diagnoses that was a "tad" off.  Meh....fucking motorsports.  :lol: 

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I thought Suezookey was the king of 2 stroke durability? WTF? :lmao:

Thats a ctec not a zuk. My buds skidoo 600 just seized up Friday, its not a good week for 600's! 

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's not a zook and that's not a consumer mil either.  How long have you been out of motorsports?

Excuse me........Arctic Scrap FTW!!!!  I've been out for about 9 years and by the looks of your greasy fingers I'm not missing anything.:lmao: Lately I've been pondering heavily about getting back in the saddle. I'm leaning 4 stroke, I just want to ride, I don't want to play kaboom boom greasy fingers any more. :lmao: 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Excuse me........Arctic Scrap FTW!!!!  I've been out for about 9 years and by the looks of your greasy fingers I'm not missing anything.:lmao: Lately I've been pondering heavily about getting back in the saddle. I'm leaning 4 stroke, I just want to ride, I don't want to play kaboom boom greasy fingers any more. :lmao: 

Man, this is the first engine I've had to pull in 6-7 years.  It's just how it goes.  I see it as an opportunity!!!!!!!  

45 minutes ago, Anler said:

Ring hit the exhaust port? 

Yeah, fucked up my power valve too but,  I think something happened before that to start this shit show and I suspect something got sucked in to it.  Nose was filled with water but, not sure if it was from getting towed or from following in the snowdust real close.  Who fucking knows.  Case is good so, the garbage was mostly tossed out the exhaust. Small favors.  pfft.

Now.....decisions..decisions...decisions......

18 minutes ago, teamgreen02 said:

2020-Ski-Doo-MXZx-600RS-1000x569.jpg

:whistle:

I’ve got a line into two teams right now.  One is sitting on a minty 2019 that’s never been tracked and is custom from the factory for them.  I’d love a chance to burn that thing down!!!!!!!  Yahoo!  *looks at tow rope*.

4 hours ago, snoughnut said:

They all have their issues seems like woofie is back on a 2 stroke after his 900T issue.

4 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

Wow. What a badboy. The most incredible on snow IMO. Just Wow. 

Almost irresistible.  Dominated SX again last night with 5 out of 6 of the podium spots for pro and pro-lite.  Their dominance is unquestionable.