Fed chief issues stark warning to Congress on deficits

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Trump is draining the swamp and he needs a 1 trillion dollar deficit and massive QE to do that. You should be thankful

I am this is "tremendous debt and deficit", not like the last presidents debt and deficit.

4 minutes ago, 1jkw said:

I am this is "tremendous debt and deficit", not like the last presidents debt and deficit.

Don’t forget something about lame stream media and crooked Hillary derp!!

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Reality is the Fed rate is also about where other countries are at and our dollar than maybe anything right now.  That being said the fed rate was far too low for far too long even before the financial crash of 07-08.   

I do not disagree that there is issues inside this economy however the so called QE that is occurring is different than previous QE's in what is being done or purchased by the fed.  Then much of what was being purchased was almost worthless mortgage backed securities as well as Treasuries.   That is not occurring today.   Today banks are solidifying their reserves.   The question is why at this level?   Is it due to strong borrowing going on and people just not putting money in the bank?   With strong markets this does occur ( people put their money elsewhere) so if banks want to borrow their own reserves cannot cover it.   We did go thru a period of significant quantitative tightening until this past fall as well.  

https://www.ubs.com/global/en/wealth-management/chief-investment-office/market-insights/2019/quantitative-tightening-impact.html

reduction-fed-security.png

Mush of the securities that banks are holding are shit. That’s one of the reasons other banks won’t take em as collateral and the fed needs to step in. Without fed intervention, Wall Street would collapse. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Mush of the securities that banks are holding are shit. That’s one of the reasons other banks won’t take em as collateral and the fed needs to step in. Without fed intervention, Wall Street would collapse. 

Not saying I disagree but do you have a link to that?  

10 hours ago, Anler said:

Everything will end up as it should in due time. 

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

The Fed. (ahem taxpayers) need to stop bailing out Wall Street. On the next crash,  I want to see bankers doing some good old fashioned swan diving from the top of their imperial palaces.:lol:

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

The Fed. (ahem taxpayers) need to stop bailing out Wall Street. On the next crash,  I want to see bankers doing some good old fashioned swan diving from the top of their imperial palaces.:lol:

After the blatant fuck you they gave us after we bailed them out when THEY crashed the global economy, yeah we should cut them off. Why is there consequences for everyone else but not them? 

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

After the blatant fuck you they gave us after we bailed them out when THEY crashed the global economy, yeah we should cut them off. Why is there consequences for everyone else but not them? 

Ask the government that, apparently the Feds and Wall Street are the only ones invited to the party, the rest of us schleps just get to pay for it and clean up the mess.......what a deal.