2021 Sled predictions

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I did last year with the 850 Indy, zero issues.  This year is was between a Doo 900T Renegade XRS and the Poo 850 XCR, the Doo won out but more for curiosity.

Brand loyal.:lol:

They are all good machines and they all brake down.

:thumbsup:

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

the only way Polaris will have a turbo is if they build a new motor. the current 850 motor isn't suitable for a turbo application. The 850 doo motor was built for a turbo. 

https://www.silberturbos.com/products/polaris-axys-rmk-850-turbo-kit

3 hours ago, jtssrx said:

the only way Polaris will have a turbo is if they build a new motor. the current 850 motor isn't suitable for a turbo application. The 850 doo motor was built for a turbo. 

Are you nuts? Polaris knew all their mountain guys have been turboing their sleds for years when they designed the 850.

4 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Where in the fuck did you come up with this nonsense JT?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Where in the fuck did you come up with this nonsense JT?

Well I talked for about two hours to both Joe and Howard Haack two of the best tuners about it. You know the two guys that have setup some of the fast turbo sleds in the world the last two years. They usually have inside information about what’s coming out. I specifically asked about the Polaris and both said the current 850 motor isn’t suitable for a turbo application

2 hours ago, Anler said:

2 hours ago, Wildboer said:

Are you nuts? Polaris knew all their mountain guys have been turboing their sleds for years when they designed the 850.

Jackoffs selling aftermarket turbo kits isn’t the same thing as an oem giving you a factory built turbo. But I guess I wouldn’t put anything past polaris. Look at the 19 850 compared to the 20. The motor is a ton different 

16 hours ago, GreatLandEmpire said:

i predict you are too fat and retarded for a new sled. you will break the suspension when you hop on it harder than your boyfriend's dong

WB is gay but no where near being a faggot such as yourself. Go for a swim in the river loser.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jtssrx said:

The e tech 850 is not getting any more fuel and air when the turbo kicks in. It only compensates for thin air at high altitude. Any engine could do this and handle it because it is not a power adder.

1 hour ago, jtssrx said:

Jackoffs selling aftermarket turbo kits isn’t the same thing as an oem giving you a factory built turbo. But I guess I wouldn’t put anything past polaris. Look at the 19 850 compared to the 20. The motor is a ton different 

That's why you don't buy a first year motor. 

53 minutes ago, Anler said:

That's why you don't buy a first year motor. 

Our '19 2 600r motors beg to differ, over 3,000 trouble free miles on each, unless you count the '18.5 as the "first year"

Edited by Wildboer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

The e tech 850 is not getting any more fuel and air when the turbo kicks in. It only compensates for thin air at high altitude. Any engine could do this and handle it because it is not a power adder.

That is because it isn’t turbocharged 

it’s turbo normalized.... which is gay as fuck

17 minutes ago, Wildboer said:

Our '19 2 600r motors beg to differ, over 3,000 trouble free miles on each, unless you count the '18.5 as the "first year"

Skidoo has made some of the best 600's ever built. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Anler said:

Skidoo has made some of the best 600's ever built. 

Give me another 20-30 hp outta that 900 turbo motor and I might have a reason to upgrade.  Otherwise, I can't see anything I'd want to replace it with.  

Just now, DriftBusta said:

Give me another 20-30 hp outta that 900 turbo motor and I might have a reason to upgrade.  Otherwise, I can't see anything I'd want to replace it with.  

I am really interested in that sled. How do you feel about the drive by wire throttle. I heard some complaints about it?

1 minute ago, Anler said:

I am really interested in that sled. How do you feel about the drive by wire throttle. I heard some complaints about it?

I dunno, I don't have any issues with it unless I put it on the roof and it gets mashed WFO, which is what happened last weekend :lol:  The three driving modes are awesome, if the trail gets rough or technical its much easier to ride in trail mode instead of sport, which is really jumpy.  I don't know if I have a later build or what, but my sled has zero turbo lag, and I've heard people say they do.....maybe in eco or trail mode, but not sport, no way.  So in answer to your question its awesome, light pull, no cable to get kinked or dry up over time.

2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I dunno, I don't have any issues with it unless I put it on the roof and it gets mashed WFO, which is what happened last weekend :lol:  The three driving modes are awesome, if the trail gets rough or technical its much easier to ride in trail mode instead of sport, which is really jumpy.  I don't know if I have a later build or what, but my sled has zero turbo lag, and I've heard people say they do.....maybe in eco or trail mode, but not sport, no way.  So in answer to your question its awesome, light pull, no cable to get kinked or dry up over time.

No I heard it was an issue with the throttle not the turbo. Well that's good then :bc:

I try to keep my sled off its roof but shit happens. :bc:

Edited by Anler

1 minute ago, Anler said:

No I heard it was an issue with the throttle not the turbo. Well that's good then :bc:

I try to keep my sled off its roof but shit happens. :bc:

My brother and I were off trailing and trying to connect with a trail that runs along the border.  We were only about a tenth of a mile from that trail, could see it visually and on the GPS, and I climbed a little off camber bank, and there was a big rock buried and it just threw me right off and back down the hill.  Sled went on the roof and was wfo for about 5 seconds or so before I got to the kill switch.  Spent a couple minutes on the roof before we figured out best way to get it unstuck.  By that time, oil must have migrated to the top end and it was locked up tight.  He started to tow me out, but we figured that eventually the oil would flow back to the crankcase which it did.  Checked airbox, etc., no leaks, oil level normal.  Literally took close to 2 hours before I could get the motor to spin enough to start.  What a pain in the balls, but reminded me to get it upright asap if it ever happens again, and to start connecting the tether to my jacket, which was kind of a rookie move, but this was slow speed goat path stuff we were doing.  :lol: 

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My brother and I were off trailing and trying to connect with a trail that runs along the border.  We were only about a tenth of a mile from that trail, could see it visually and on the GPS, and I climbed a little off camber bank, and there was a big rock buried and it just threw me right off and back down the hill.  Sled went on the roof and was wfo for about 5 seconds or so before I got to the kill switch.  Spent a couple minutes on the roof before we figured out best way to get it unstuck.  By that time, oil must have migrated to the top end and it was locked up tight.  He started to tow me out, but we figured that eventually the oil would flow back to the crankcase which it did.  Checked airbox, etc., no leaks, oil level normal.  Literally took close to 2 hours before I could get the motor to spin enough to start.  What a pain in the balls, but reminded me to get it upright asap if it ever happens again, and to start connecting the tether to my jacket, which was kind of a rookie move, but this was slow speed goat path stuff we were doing.  :lol: 

No procedure for getting it unlocked??

3 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

No procedure for getting it unlocked??

Not that I'm aware, I guess the lesson is obviously keep it off the roof, and if you do, get it upright asap.  I rolled it out of a few stucks last year without issue, but leaving it there for a few minutes caused the issue I guess.

Edited by DriftBusta

18 hours ago, Mainecat said:

My prediction- All 4 will produce more fugly designs with way more hp that any human really needs.

:lol:  

13 hours ago, jtssrx said:

Well I talked for about two hours to both Joe and Howard Haack two of the best tuners about it. You know the two guys that have setup some of the fast turbo sleds in the world the last two years. They usually have inside information about what’s coming out. I specifically asked about the Polaris and both said the current 850 motor isn’t suitable for a turbo application

Well I can tell you for a fact they have one that they were testing a few years ago.   Might not be this spring and the engine would likely have some small changes but Poo will have a 2s mountain turbo soon.