Canadian GP this weekend, anybody going? Kind of like the roundy rounds but without fenders and they turn left and right. Use brakes too!!

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/motor-formula-one-canadian-grand-prix-lewis-hamilton-kimi-raikkonen-daniel-ricciardo-060816

Edited by 2strokemerc

Been to the Montreal F1 a few times.  Venue sucks really, but an F1 race is always good.  My brother saw the F1 at Indy a few years ago (the tire fiasco year), and said it was a world class venue that puts Montreal to shame.

I'd still like to see a MotoGP race..... never been.  Maybe the U.S. next year..... :)

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 hours ago, 2strokemerc said:

You've never been to MIS?

The race is usually boring. Tons of green flag laps, the odd single car spin and a gas miser wins it.

The event has gotten much better. Lots of stuff to do at the track and the campgrounds are a good time.

I consider myself a Nascar fan but I won't bother watching on Sunday. I check the highlights on the web.

I used to watch F1 but not since Schumacher retired.

I'd love to see a MotoGP race live. Keep saying I will buy tickets for my son and I but never get around to it

8 hours ago, Blackstar said:

You've never been to MIS?

The race is usually boring. Tons of green flag laps, the odd single car spin and a gas miser wins it.

The event has gotten much better. Lots of stuff to do at the track and the campgrounds are a good time.

I consider myself a Nascar fan but I won't bother watching on Sunday. I check the highlights on the web.

I used to watch F1 but not since Schumacher retired.

I'd love to see a MotoGP race live. Keep saying I will buy tickets for my son and I but never get around to it

He was fun to watch, especially in the wet :bc:

On 6/10/2016 at 10:09 PM, Puzzleboy said:

Been to the Montreal F1 a few times.  Venue sucks really, but an F1 race is always good.  My brother saw the F1 at Indy a few years ago (the tire fiasco year), and said it was a world class venue that puts Montreal to shame.

I'd still like to see a MotoGP race..... never been.  Maybe the U.S. next year..... :)

Not so sure about that one. I was at he Indy F1 race that year as well. Although it is exciting to go to different venues, I thought the Indianapolis F1 to be good but no where near as good as Montreal. For one, it was difficult to get to the track and the city didn't do much in celebration for it. The race museum was a great attraction at the track.

Two years ago I went to F1 in Austin. That was a great venue and they did lots at the track and in the city. Only draw back from that race was you could not bring in anything to eat or drink other than water. Montreal IMO really puts on a big show for this event and very relaxed in that you can bring in just about anything. It's normal to see people come in with small bbq cooking up a storm and tons of booze.

Well, I've been to the Montreal F1 3 times.  Montreal's only advantage is the party in the city, great for trolling for dirtys....  and keep in mind, to many Americans, F1 was still a bit of an unknown..... so I can see the city not knowing what to do.

But as an F1 venue, it sucks.  Sure, you can bring coolers with whatever you want..... but you'll be carrying it for a couple miles just to get there.  Shitty grandstands, they turn off the water fountains in the park for the F1, crappy bathrooms/porta potties.  I've never been to Indy, but by all accounts a much better venue.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to Jack Miller..... the first non factory team rider to win a GP in 10 years.  Quite an accomplishment for a 21 year old.  And he knows how to take the checkered in style..... Lol

Rossi DNF again.....

Jack.jpg

Edited by Puzzleboy
  • Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

Congrats to Jack Miller..... the first non factory team rider to win a GP in 10 years.  Quite an accomplishment for a 21 year old.  And he knows how to take the checkered in style..... Lol

Rossi DNF again.....

Jack.jpg

My son said the race was a mess. They were riding in a down pour and half the field fell. Still an amazing ride for Miller.

I just downloaded it; gonna watch it tonight.  Even Rossi admitted he fucked up.... "pushing" too much. 

However, the rain handicaps everyone, so I don't take anything away from Miller's win! :)  Especially when you consider the type of factory resources he's competing against.....

• 10 months later...

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/gallery/racing-community-sends-best-wishes-to-nicky-hayden-after-bicycle-crash-051717

Motor racing drivers and personalities from all across the world have taken to social media to send their best wishes to American motorcycle racer Nicky Hayden, who was injured in a bicycle crash on Wednesday.

Hayden, 35, was training on his bicycle on the Rimini coast in Italy when he was hit by a car. He was taken to a local hospital and is said to be in serious condition with chest and head trauma.

• 4 weeks later...

In 1999, the grid was graced with four former world champions: Michael Schumacher, Damon Hill, Jacques Villeneuve and Mika Hakkinen. Turn 13, the final corner before the start/finish straight, saw three of them crash into the wall there. Hence the nickname "The Wall of Champions" was born.

Damon Hill lost control of his Jordan on Lap 15 and was the barrier's first victim, next it was Michael Schumacher who hurtled into the wall as he made a rare mistake on lap 30. Finally, it was Jacques Villeneuve who joined the list as he went out about halfway through the race.

The only world champion that didn't crash there was Mika Hakkinen who actually went on to win the race. Oh, and Ricardo Zonta also crashed there, but I'm afraid he hardly qualifies as a champion....(Sorry Ricardo).

https://drivetribe.com/p/JNj_itvQTpmeijEYCPl9_A?iid=Y3GDUYulQEG5HwDgKq35Tw&utm_campaign=formula1&utm_medium=fb&utm_source=organic

6 hours ago, Puzzleboy said:

I still remember Schumi taking out Villeneuve in Spain, 20 years ago.  Knew he was an asshole after that. 

Also when he blew his right wheel off..... passing David Coulthard in the rain at one race. Coulthard was being lapped but Schumi had to show off....

Villeneuve also passed Schumi on the outside of a high speed corner..... Schumi panties.....were bunched up after that pass.

5 hours ago, bladefever said:

Also when he blew his right wheel off..... passing David Coulthard in the rain at one race. Coulthard was being lapped but Schumi had to show off....

Villeneuve also passed Schumi on the outside of a high speed corner..... Schumi panties.....were bunched up after that pass.

First line, is that the race when it was pouring rain and Coulthard slowed due to spray and lack of sight? Schumacher ran into the back of him going a lot faster and blamed Coulthard for going too slow.

Second line, when Villeneuve passed on the outside at turn one in Brazil while it was raining. It's amazing he didn't loose grip and go off the track. It was a great pass.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 2strokemerc said:

First line, is that the race when it was pouring rain and Coulthard slowed due to spray and lack of sight? Schumacher ran into the back of him going a lot faster and blamed Coulthard for going too slow.

Second line, when Villeneuve passed on the outside at turn one in Brazil while it was raining. It's amazing he didn't loose grip and go off the track. It was a great pass.

Yes. Schumi had to pass Coulthard in the rain. Had the whole track but decided he needed to rub the raised letters off Coulthard left front tire......

Also think it was in Australia where Schumi hit the wall. Limped around waiting for Coulthard. Drove into him taking both out of the race. End result he won the championship because Coulthard didn't score any points.

Schumi was a great driver just some of his on track tactics were very questionable.

Also in qualifying he posted the fastest time. Then parked his car on the track in a critical area. Qualifying ran out of time before they could remove his car. All the other drivers couldn't get their final fast laps in.