Doo 850 turbo dyno lol poor doo

Rod

• Platinum Contributing Member

The proof at a game changing sled is how quickly the others can follow suit.   When the Rev came out in 2003 it took the others half a decade or more to catch up.  

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, f7ben said:

Why not just let it make 3lbs I’d boost as a baseline and compensate for altitude. That would have been groundbreaking

Because warranty issues. they know that will be left to the aftermarket and this is a use specific sled. Its not meant for sea level. dont be dumb, think about this from their perspective. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

The proof at a game changing sled is how quickly the others can follow suit.   When the Rev came out in 2003 it took the others half a decade or more to catch up.  

Skidoo is smart, they set the bar and make everyone else try to reach it then they move to the next level. With Polaris actually trying to give them a run they are playing this game pretty smart I think. 

1 minute ago, Anler said:

Skidoo is smart, they set the bar and make everyone else try to reach it then they move to the next level. With Polaris actually trying to give them a run they are playing this game pretty smart I think. 

They do set the bar.   

Just to name a few.

First mountain specific sled (even though it was fucking horrible)

First altitude compensation on non-Efi sleds

First engine reverse

First Rider Forward

First direct injection 

First batteryless electric start

First 2 stroke Turbo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Highmark said:

They do set the bar.   

Just to name a few.

First mountain specific sled (even though it was fucking horrible)

First altitude compensation on non-Efi sleds

First engine reverse

First Rider Forward

First direct injection 

First batteryless electric start

First 2 stroke Turbo

Plus their fit finish and overall quality is the best in the industry now that Yamaha has dropped off so far. 

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Because warranty issues. they know that will be left to the aftermarket and this is a use specific sled. Its not meant for sea level. dont be dumb, think about this from their perspective. 

Agreed. Ski doos driveline is crap 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

Plus their fit finish and overall quality is the best in the industry now that Yamaha has dropped off so far. 

They are tough to beat but I do love my Poo and Yamcat.  

Just now, Highmark said:

They are tough to beat but I do love my Poo and Yamcat.  

Hey i am riding a Polaris and I love it but when you dig in you can see how the skidoo engineers go a little farther. 

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

Looks like Bombardiers planes and trains divisions are having huge financial problems. Not much of a surprise, since the gov,t bailouts have ended.. Could the sled division be next ??????

Correct me if Im wrong, but isn't Bombardier and BRP 2 totally separate companies? They no longer are tied together at all?

Ironic that the BOMBARDIER jet division is in talks TO BE SOLD to a company called TEXTRON. Why does that name sound familiar ? LOL

Nice to see our gov,t finally quit handing out billions of dollars to a Quebec company that has a history of being very poorly mismanaged.

Sometimes no amount of cash can prevent a sinking ship from finally going under. It,s to bad our government wasn,t smart enough to quit trying to bail it out before wasting billions of our tax dollars first. 

2 minutes ago, Frostynuts said:

Ironic that the BOMBARDIER jet division is in talks TO BE SOLD to a company called TEXTRON. Why does that name sound familiar ? LOL

Nice to see our gov,t finally quit handing out billions of dollars to a Quebec company that has a history of being very poorly mismanaged.

Sometimes no amount of cash can prevent a sinking ship from finally going under. It,s to bad our government wasn,t smart enough to quit trying to bail it out before wasting billions of our tax dollars first. 

AGAIN, BRP is not connected with or has been for quite a few years to the Aerospace company. You should be afraid of whats going on in your sled's manu's world.

• Thanks 1

Why should I care about what happens to Cat ? Not being brand loyal to any brand, I,ve owned them all at one time or another, it wouldn,t bother me one bit if they all went under. LOL What does bother me is when our dumb gov,t leaders keep giving billions of dollars to a corrupt corp. like Bombardier, and it still goes under.

3 hours ago, ACE said:

Agreed. Ski doos driveline is crap 

You're crazy. Been the same ZX chassis and driveline for over 20 Years, the perfect ZX chassis with different plastic is all. Not the kinda plastic that melts though. Hell they're not even DI 2 strokes that meets emissions, it's all a fake, just tiny carbs hidden in the cylinder head. Maybe they could try Diamond Drive to toughen things things up, I hear good things about that

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tinker said:

You're crazy. Been the same ZX chassis and driveline for over 20 Years, the perfect ZX chassis with different plastic is all. Not the kinda plastic that melts though. Hell they're not even DI 2 strokes that meets emissions, it's all a fake, just tiny carbs hidden in the cylinder head. Maybe they could try Diamond Drive to toughen things things up, I hear good things about that

Agreed there’s a lot of nerds out there 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Agreed there’s a lot of nerds out there 

Well you hold out for a tall one, you deserve it. And rich too, at 250 miles a year your bills a gonna add up on that Air Force inspired piece of snow weaponry. I mean who doesn't like being on a tall rich guy's arm. Treat yourself

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Why should I care about what happens to Cat ? Not being brand loyal to any brand, I,ve owned them all at one time or another, it wouldn,t bother me one bit if they all went under. LOL What does bother me is when our dumb gov,t leaders keep giving billions of dollars to a corrupt corp. like Bombardier, and it still goes under.

Nice thought chief.

12 hours ago, J. Jackson said:

Nice thought chief.

No use worrying about stuff that is out of your control. As far as I am concerned, they are all overpriced junk, with piss poor warranties, that expire while the sleds are sitting in a nice warm garage, for 85 % of the warranty period. Until all the manufacturers have the balls to give a decent warranty based on number of engine hours, and/or miles driven, they are screwing dumb new sled owners royally. When you see how many sledders they suck in during spring break with false promises and hype, it is a pretty good indication of the average sledder brain power.

Edited by Frostynuts

18 hours ago, Frostynuts said:

Textron already owns Cessna, etc and BRP has nothing more to do with the bomber.