Check your account email address ×

Trump endorses Clinton!

2 hours ago, 1trailmaker said:

sure but if you compare the 8 years of Obama to Harpers 10 years clearly they fared much better by the end of it.....

I don't think Canada fared nearly as well. If you include the huge debt the provinces have rung up, we definitely haven't done very well.

I also read an article that Canadian household debt is 100% of GDP. Which is exactly where the US was in 2007.

Now the US is at 80% which is quite an improvement.

So it appears that average citizens in the US have improved their financial situation under Obama vs Canadians under Harper.

Last year when I was talking to my financial advisor he said that the Canadian consumer debt always seems worse when compared to US because Americans rarely pay off their homes. They would rather keep dept on their homes and use that money to invest. 

What this does is skew the results because the large number of Canadians without debt do not register when they work out debt rates.

But the end result of the comparison is that Canadian household debt rose while US fell.

24 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

I saw that on the news today but from a different angle. Sure looks like he was keeping an eye on who she voted for. Nice of him to let her out of the house.

She's usually home makin dinner.

1 hour ago, revkevsdi said:

I don't think Canada fared nearly as well. If you include the huge debt the provinces have rung up, we definitely haven't done very well.

I also read an article that Canadian household debt is 100% of GDP. Which is exactly where the US was in 2007.

Now the US is at 80% which is quite an improvement.

So it appears that average citizens in the US have improved their financial situation under Obama vs Canadians under Harper.

Last year when I was talking to my financial advisor he said that the Canadian consumer debt always seems worse when compared to US because Americans rarely pay off their homes. They would rather keep dept on their homes and use that money to invest. 

What this does is skew the results because the large number of Canadians without debt do not register when they work out debt rates.

But the end result of the comparison is that Canadian household debt rose while US fell.

Well the feds can't really do much about the provinces except scold them.  Household debt may be at 100% of GDP, however the value of Canadian homes, ie the majority of that debt is also much greater compared to the US.  The average home in Canada is over 510K compared to something like 360K for the US.

The Canadian middle class has become the wealthiest in the world while Harper was in government.

Have your ROI's been in the top 25% compared to the broader indexes, cause that is the only thing you care about from your financial advisor.

Americans can write off their mortgages on their principle residences unlike Canadians.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Well the feds can't really do much about the provinces except scold them.  Household debt may be at 100% of GDP, however the value of Canadian homes, ie the majority of that debt is also much greater compared to the US.  The average home in Canada is over 510K compared to something like 360K for the US.

The Canadian middle class has become the wealthiest in the world while Harper was in government.

Have your ROI's been in the top 25% compared to the broader indexes, cause that is the only thing you care about from your financial advisor.

Americans can write off their mortgages on their principle residences unlike Canadians.

The point of the article where I read about the 100% of GDP was that was the same level that the US had their housing crash.

Those 510 k homes could get a lot closer to 360.  Remember our dollar took a shit kicking so 360 US is 480 CDN

My financial advisor has his MBA and lives and breathes investing. He's a really smart guy so when we get together i like to listen to what he has to say. Far more than just "Here is what we earned for you, this is what we suggest now"

The mortgage write off US vs Canada is kind of well known.

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

The point of the article where I read about the 100% of GDP was that was the same level that the US had their housing crash.

Those 510 k homes could get a lot closer to 360.  Remember our dollar took a shit kicking so 360 US is 480 CDN

My financial advisor has his MBA and lives and breathes investing. He's a really smart guy so when we get together i like to listen to what he has to say. Far more than just "Here is what we earned for you, this is what we suggest now"

The mortgage write off US vs Canada is kind of well known.

Sure at that time US house prices got out of control, we have much tighter lending practices here so if there is a correction it will not be as bad.

Dude financial advisors with MBA's are a dime a dozen, do you just let him/her blindly tell you where to put your money?  My point is there are many benchmarks, if you are not in the top 25% over the 3 or 5 years, what exactly are they doing for you?  If they can't beat that, I couldn't give a shit what they had to say.

5 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure at that time US house prices got out of control, we have much tighter lending practices here so if there is a correction it will not be as bad.

Dude financial advisors with MBA's are a dime a dozen, do you just let him/her blindly tell you where to put your money?  My point is there are many benchmarks, if you are not in the top 25% over the 3 or 5 years, what exactly are they doing for you?  If they can't beat that, I couldn't give a shit what they had to say.

Ok, you win. A financial advisor with an MBA isn't worth listening to.

I'll ask the next cab driver, and then the next waiter for their views and I'll cross reference that info with the right wing nut jobs on snowmobile sites. You know the ones that predicted a stock market crash if Obama got elected, $3,500.00 gold and $5.00 a gallon gas.

Anyone remember those people from HCS current events that were touting that shit?

6 minutes ago, revkevsdi said:

Ok, you win. A financial advisor with an MBA isn't worth listening to.

I'll ask the next cab driver, and then the next waiter for their views and I'll cross reference that info with the right wing nut jobs on snowmobile sites. You know the ones that predicted a stock market crash if Obama got elected, $3,500.00 gold and $5.00 a gallon gas.

Anyone remember those people from HCS current events that were touting that shit?

Not if he can't put you into the top 25% return.  His MBA don't mean shit.  Do you even know how your fucking returns compare?

RevKev, I get about two calls a month from worthless dime a dozen useless financial advisors  all with MBA's who's advice can't beat the inflation index.

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Not if he can't put you into the top 25% return.  His MBA don't mean shit.  Do you even know how your fucking returns compare?

RevKev, I get about two calls a month from worthless dime a dozen useless financial advisors  all with MBA's who's advice can't beat the inflation index.

They are all plugged into the brokerage talking points.  I've met very few with any real insight (brains) at a level willing to look at clients with a net worth of under a million.  And if they work commission...they are just salesmen looking to rollover your old 401k's or IRAs.  Some talk a good game though.  I've made some friends in that industry along the way.  

2 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

you sure do pick and chose when you think an education is worthless or not.  Harper the 'mail clerk' is in your opinion most qualified PM ever because he took an Economics course.  I do agree with you that having a degree doesn't make you smart or qualified

You said Canadians are the wealthiest middle class world wide, would that include Ontario citizens?  just wondering since its near half of Canada :dunno: