Can't wait for this to be over

Yep.  These local ads are really starting to get on my nerves.  We are reaching a point where politicians are spending half of their terms in office campaigning to keep their jobs.  Who is doing their supposed "jobs" while they are busy campaigning.  Hmmmmm........it makes one wonder how much they are really needed.

I was watching one last night from another re-elected incumbent and it got me thinking (again)....how long have we been hearing the same fucking pitches and promises over and over and over with seemingly little success in achieving them?  "Rebuild the middle class", "Reduce taxes", "No more sending jobs overseas", "Create more jobs at home", "take back our nation (from who...I don't know)", etc.......

Career politicians....getting the job done (for themselves).....and we are to blame for it.

17 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  These local ads are really starting to get on my nerves.  We are reaching a point where politicians are spending half of their terms in office campaigning to keep their jobs.  Who is doing their supposed "jobs" while they are busy campaigning.  Hmmmmm........it makes one wonder how much they are really needed.

I was watching one last night from another re-elected incumbent and it got me thinking (again)....how long have we been hearing the same fucking pitches and promises over and over and over with seemingly little success in achieving them?  "Rebuild the middle class", "Reduce taxes", "No more sending jobs overseas", "Create more jobs at home", "take back our nation (from who...I don't know)", etc.......

Career politicians....getting the job done (for themselves).....and we are to blame for it.

Spot on. The only ones they are fighting for is themselves.

Hilarious listening to people drone on about how this particular candidate is going to change their life.

If you turn the shit off, and don't go looking for handicapped kids being used for political gain it won't be as bad, either .

Just now, racer254 said:

So far I have heard nothing but NEGATIVE ads this morning.  Not one positive ad for any candidate yet.   Pathetic.

I have yet to hear one positive ad.

I kind of like the anti trump one where he is yelling " you can tell them to go fuck their selves"  Makes me want to run out and vote for him.

:lmao:

• Like 1

Just now, Cold War said:

I kind of like the anti trump one where he is yelling " you can tell them to go fuck their selves"  Makes me want to run out and vote for him.

You are not the only person I have heard say that.  Most people I know also follow it with "Damn Right!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mileage Psycho said:

IMO this election season has just gone on way to long, I think this whole election process should be done in a six month time frame. 

I agree.

Here in New Hampshire it started 2 years ago with crap stuck in my mailbox and people doing surveys then primaries start first here in NH. Every night for over a year the landline rings more than once. I took it out last month.

Total clusterfuck

Edited by Mainecat

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Actually I've seen many positive ads by Trump and Grassley in Iowa.  Trump has a pro American one that's as good as political ad I've seen.   Its been running the last week.  

The whole American political system is fucked in the head.   Campaigns too long, not the right people running, people able to hold office too long.   

• Like 1

Yeah, I've seen a couple of the positive Trump ads.  Even my wife said, "Well, that was nice." After watching one.  It is rather refreshing.  

I like the Clinton one too, "you can tell them, to go Beeep themselves". :lol:

I think that is where half of the nation stands on a lot of shit right now.  I know i do for sure.  

Edited by Zambroski

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Says the Canadian bean can ski doo owner.

You and snot have proven yourselves to be nothing but followers....at least ballsack and taint stayed the course.

Just now, Dave said:

You and snot have proven yourselves to be nothing but followers....at least ballsack and taint stayed the course on script.

There.  

But I'm still not putting "ballsack" (:lol:) in the same category as "taint".

:bc:

44 minutes ago, Dave said:

You and snot have proven yourselves to be nothing but followers....at least ballsack and taint stayed the course.

You do that here every day....except you have zero say in the outcome.