Water heater is pissing.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

Sometimes the water eats them up. Not all city water is created equal.

Lowe’s had a sale on the type I wanted. That made it a little less painful. The new one installed in 30 minutes. Quite a bit morE energy efficient than the last. Which is good. 

Just now, Woodtick said:

I would put money on it,that it came from a big box store. The ones you get from plumbing supply houses last twice as long.

Local plumber installed it. It replaced the previous unit under warranty. The initial unit was installed in “06 per sharpie marking on the side. 

1 minute ago, thewayout said:

We have an AO Smith vertex 100,000 btu water heater. It was newly installed when we moved in, $2,000-$2,500 :lol: 

That being said it’s endless hot water and a very nice unit.

I flushed it twice since I lived here. Also replaced the anode two years ago. The flushing wasn’t dirty at all. 

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Haven't heard that yet, my Brother in Law is a Supervisor at AO Smith..I should ask him.

There’s three different grades at Lowe’s. 6 yr, 9 yr, and 12 yr. $75-100 difference between them. 

Edited by spin_dry

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

There’s three different grades at Lowe’s. 6 yr, 9 yr, and 12 yr. $75-100 difference between them. 

I installed an AO Smith Electric in 1967 in my previous home which I sold to a friend of mine son, I just called him and spoke to his wife, she said it's still working, needed a couple elements thru the years, pretty darn good heater I think..I bought it from the Wisconsin Electric Power Company back then.

43 minutes ago, thewayout said:

We have an AO Smith vertex 100,000 btu water heater. It was newly installed when we moved in, $2,000-$2,500 :lol: 

That being said it’s endless hot water and a very nice unit.

I have duallys at the cabin. :lol: Can fill the hot tub right to the top with flaming hot water. Love it.

• Like 2

I am just awful with my own home maint . shoe. makers kids and all.

my last 2 electric h20 heaters were so full of calcium I could not pull the lower eliment out . and this is in under 7 yrs . pretty sure the one in now will be taking a shit soon .

so I will just do what I always do buy a pos with contractor points and slap it in and hope for another 7 or 8 yrs 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

Installed in 2011. My last water heater was 22 years old. The entire structure was rusted out on the lower welded seam. Cheap ass shit. 

I sell and install AO Smith, installed plenty of them in 33 years, residential water heaters today have an 8 - 12 yr. lifespan. The oldest WH I’ve ever replaced was a 42 yr. old AO Smith and it wasn’t leaking, the customer was just being proactive.

16 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

I am just awful with my own home maint . shoe. makers kids and all.

my last 2 electric h20 heaters were so full of calcium I could not pull the lower eliment out . and this is in under 7 yrs . pretty sure the one in now will be taking a shit soon .

so I will just do what I always do buy a pos with contractor points and slap it in and hope for another 7 or 8 yrs 

Water softner? Take the elements out every year or 2, soak 'em in muriatic acid.

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I sell and install AO Smith, installed plenty of them in 33 years, residential water heaters today have an 8 - 12 yr. lifespan. The oldest WH I’ve ever replaced was a 42 yr. old AO Smith and it wasn’t leaking, the customer was just being proactive.

My dad bought his home in 1949, water heater had external electric bands under the outer shell, they never touched water, I don't recall the name brand but when I sold the home in 1998 it was still there and had never been serviced..my nephew bought the home from me and then sold it a few years later on, still was in the home at that time.

19 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Water softner? Take the elements out every year or 2, soak 'em in muriatic acid.

like I said shoe makes kids . I do maint for every one but me lol .

yes I know what I should do but I'm my mind I say fuck it it will be less time to just swap it out in 5 yrs lol