Vintage (from hcs)

Nothing like coming together and knocking an even bigger hole in the ozone!  :bc:

Someone find Bhen and tie him to a chair with his eyes open to force him to watch this.  He'll end up admitting himself into the nut-house.:lol:

Good post!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Love the old Skiroules. Probably cause the 68 was the first sled I ever rode.

my uncle was a skirouel dealer . 

spent a lot of time in that shop 

that rtx was way ahead of the curve in the design dept 

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

hope that ride ended at the crusher.  

We have 3 Vintage clubs in this area, they go on many rides each year, 2 brothers that I know, one has +/-300 vintage sleds (all brands) the other has +/-200 (mostly Doos)..many are used for parts to keep the Vintage riders running as most parts are no longer available..

Edited by XCR1250

13 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

I can enjoy the vintage sleds/cars/whatever but I make no mistake about realizing what piles most were right off the factory floor.  There's a huge vintage show here every year on the lake.  My bud likes to restore them so we always take a couple of his for the short ride to the show.  After judging and enough fatties stuffing their faces with brats and beer, there's a vintage ride.  LOL....what a fucking shit show of broken sleds, parts and some that couldn't even run well enough to even attempt the short trip.  One year the decided path was really chopped up.  It was like a yard sale of vintage parts along the whole path.  They now do it along a road so they can sweep up the busted shit easier.  :lol: 

We just had a Vintage ride here last week, 44 sleds showed up (The Relic RidersClub) I pulled one off the bridge with my ATV and know of 4 more which broke down, but they still had about 40 more miles to go for the day, was a 100 mile ride.

• Platinum Contributing Member
10 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

We just had a Vintage ride here last week, 44 sleds showed up (The Relic RidersClub) I pulled one off the bridge with my ATV and know of 4 more which broke down, but they still had about 40 more miles to go for the day, was a 100 mile ride.

I couldn't imagine doing 100 miles on a dinosaur .

11 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Uncle had an old bubble nose rt500 back in the day.  Still have a soft spot for them and yes, the RTXs were a huge leap forward design wise.

5 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

There's Bhen's partner in crime! :lol:

I'll admit I like seeing em, but boy that old cat we had when I was growing up sure was a peice of shit.  Fucking thing would break down within the first two hours of having enough snow to ride it, and till the parts came in and dad had time to fix it, it would warm up and the snow was gone. :sad:

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

TBH i think some of them are cool and would look great hung up in a pole barn as decoration but no desire to ride one. I am getting a nostalgia bug these days for a square body so maybe my thoughts will change about sleds as well.  

I have an '89 650 Poo for sale, Pro-Stocker/Heavy-Mod..

15 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

Best friends dad was a Skiroule dealer. Ran it out of his transmission shop. They had distributors back then and if you didn’t like the 3 models out front he could drive over and get you one the next day from the distributor. We had a huge Scorpion distributor in the next town. They were popular around here cause if you needed a part the dealer would send you over.

Good old days.