Ex ryder knows mountain sleds

8 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Sounds like polaris is number 1. Fastest trail sleds, best ride, best mountain sleds and fastest race sleds!!!!11111 YUUUUUGE win! 

If they were a bit more refined they would be owning skidoo too

21 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

Poo,and cat rule the long tracks in the UP. Mainly because Doo’s can’t take a stump hit.

Skidoos get expensive quick too with all their silly shit. 

2 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

so all you guys who do you think makes,a more durable sled than the M ? and exactly why do you think this ?

the M can take hits and hard lasndings better than poo and doo zero question 

hear it's pretty easy to bend the Alpha rail

1 minute ago, Woodtick said:

His waitress at IHOP told him that problem has been taken care of.

have you seen people bitching about kinked rails this yr .

let's be honist there is not 1 guy on the forum dropping  a cornice or clearing a gap large enough to bend a skid .  

• Like 1

I am in the Rockies 30+ days per season. 

Poo easily outnumber the others. Doo is 2, usually guys from Iowa. Cat is always 3. 

Doo by far bends everything the easiest. Poo break A-arms. I see so few Cats I dont see many broke. 

I am very surprised I see so few Alpha's. 

But to be truthful, we ride where most people can't or won't go. Tracked up shit sucks.

22 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

OMG.  Hahahaha

So tell us about your trip Vince.  What did you ride and how was it? 

RMK 850 and an RMK 600, spent most of time on the 600 which quite frankly matched well with my mountain riding skills (last time out west was on 07) it was a lot of fun, being a short trip it took me a day to get acclimated to 10,000 to 12,000 feet, Saturday I was sluggish but I was on my game Sunday.

18 hours ago, Zambroski said:

I think you’re new to the sport and/or just stupid if you don’t think the PC chassis is the most durable chassis out there.

What I wonder is, if this rental place wishes they had it....why don’t they?  

Polaris has quite the deal for rental outfits in that they lease the sleds and the sleds come with a $1,000.00 deductible insurance policy, and for $15.00 you can make that a $500.00 deductible; now here comes the real deal for the rental outfits; Polaris comes and picks up the sleds at the end of the season and the rental outfit isn't saddled with having to sell the sleds, you have to give it to Polaris in being innovative and aggressive with their marketing.

At the link you will see that On the Trails Rentals still has a ProClimb on there homepage :thumbsup:

http://www.onthetrailrentals.com/

@Anler :fuckyou:

37 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

RMK 850 and an RMK 600, spent most of time on the 600 which quite frankly matched well with my mountain riding skills (last time out west was on 07) it was a lot of fun, being a short trip it took me a day to get acclimated to 10,000 to 12,000 feet, Saturday I was sluggish but I was on my game Sunday.

Polaris has quite the deal for rental outfits in that they lease the sleds and the sleds come with a $1,000.00 deductible insurance policy, and for $15.00 you can make that a $500.00 deductible; now here comes the real deal for the rental outfits; Polaris comes and picks up the sleds at the end of the season and the rental outfit isn't saddled with having to sell the sleds, you have to give it to Polaris in being innovative and aggressive with their marketing.

At the link you will see that On the Trails Rentals still has a ProClimb on there homepage :thumbsup:

:dunno: 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

I’ll give Poo the marketing thumbs up for sure.  Just goes to show you, you don’t have to have a quality product if you market it correctly.

Just now, Zambroski said:

I’ll give Poo the marketing thumbs up for sure.  Just goes to show you, you don’t have to have a quality product if you market it correctly.

So why doesnt Cat get some marketing? Seems like that would be the easiest part of making sleds :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

So why doesnt Cat get some marketing? Seems like that would be the easiest part of making sleds :lol: 

You are so stupid.  Stop running around asking me to smash your face with a wiggle ball bat.

Cat is clearly an example of a quality product with terrible marketing.

Dummy.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Even die hard cat guys with any self respect know's its only been the last few years that they have had a competitive sled in the mountain segment.   Even now they are still trying to crawl out of a deep hole they dug by not being competitive.   A slight edge in reliability only goes so far in the mountains.   I did not know one Togwotee guide that rode Cat's and talked to quite a few.   They simply were too far behind a few years back. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Even die hard cat guys with any self respect know's its only been the last few years that they have had a competitive sled in the mountain segment.   Even now they are still trying to crawl out of a deep hole they dug by not being competitive.   A slight edge in reliability only goes so far in the mountains.   I did not know one Togwotee guide that rode Cat's and talked to quite a few.   They simply were too far behind a few years back. 

I don’t do deep pow at all and, most likely never will but, it seems that Alpha skid is a stroke of something really good.  It just makes sense to me.  However, Poos ergonomics and bizarre feeling tall ride height seem like it would perform better in those conditions to a more flat, planted Cat chassis.

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I don’t do deep pow at all and, most likely never will but, it seems that Alpha skid is a stroke of something really good.  It just makes sense to me.  However, Poos ergonomics and bizarre feeling tall ride height seem like it would perform better in those conditions to a more flat, planted Cat chassis.

Cat was catching up but still behind before the Alpha skid.   That has helped but most mt. guys I talk to think they are still a bit behind.   Took a long time to make that chassis a good all around mountain sled.  

Edited by Highmark

24 minutes ago, CheezusXR8 said:

What are they gonna say? “Buy our 800 with 600 class power” :lol: 

Cat should come out with at least an 875 with some new bling and def a high tech gauge package. Promote the shit out of it. It would put them back in the running. I dont want to see them fade away, skidoo and polaris would take us to the wood shed if we only had 2 choices.