Jersey shore

Pete

Massive crowds form for Trump’s New Jersey rally amid impeachment fight

Rep. Van Drew to join Trump at NJ rally after switching to Republican Party

Republican Rep. Jeff Van Drew, who recently left the Democrat Party, explains the switch and weighs in on the impeachment trial on 'Fox & Friends.'

Sprawling lines were forming overnight in the Jersey Shore destination of Wildwood in anticipation of President Trump’s campaign rally scheduled for late Tuesday, in a show of support by Trump's faithful amid the bruising impeachment fight back in Washington.

The scene is striking considering Jersey’s political reputation as a blue state. But as Rep. Jeff Van Drew suggested Tuesday morning, the southern part of the state where Trump is heading may be more MAGA-friendly.

BLOOMBERG DINGS SANDERS ON HOME TURF

“South Jersey’s forgotten about sometimes,” said Van Drew, a former Democrat who switched parties to become Republican after the House impeachment vote that he opposed. He represents much of South Jersey and plans to accompany Trump Tuesday night — and pocket a presidential endorsement in the process.

“There are people that are excited, homemade signs, all kinds of activities, people are camping out, just thousands and thousands of people,” he said on “Fox & Friends.”

He claimed over the weekend it was his understanding that 100,000 ticket requests had been submitted, for a venue that holds 7,500. The actual number of rally attendees is unclear, though the campaign reportedly will set up large TVs outside for the overflow crowd to watch.

Trump campaign officials gleefully shared video of the crowds lining up overnight, hours before the rally is scheduled.

“Welcome to 2 am the night BEFORE [a Trump] rally! Impeach this,” campaign Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany tweeted, along with a video of bundled-up Trump supporters in American flag-adorned attire.

The defiant challenge is a preview of what’s to come, with the president all but certain to use his appearance on the boardwalk to strike at his political targets with the precision of a seasoned Skee-Ball bowler.

Local reports said the lines started forming Sunday afternoon and had grown to hundreds by early Tuesday morning.

Counterdemonstrations are also being planned.

DERSHOWITZ BLASTS DEM ARGUMENTS ON IMPEACHMENT

Cape May County Indivisible said on Facebook that nearly 30 groups would assemble to “peacefully protest” the rally.

“We feel a moral obligation to show up and take a stand, rejecting the racism, bigotry, misogyny, violence, and corruption of this administration,” they said in a statement.

Martin Luther King III is expected to speak at that demonstration. Other Democratic groups also are planning a protest.

The rally comes as Trump’s Senate impeachment trial continues, with his defense team poised to wrap up opening arguments shortly before the rally begins.

The president faces two articles of impeachment – alleging abuse of power and obstruction of Congress – for his administration’s efforts to pressure Ukraine to launch an investigation of 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s dealings in the country and other matters, while withholding U.S. aid.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Trump denies any quid pro quo, but the saga took another turn this week when reports surfaced that ex-national security adviser John Bolton’s forthcoming book claims Trump linked the aid to the sought-after Biden probe.

The aid was eventually delivered, amid internal concerns about the holdup.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/massive-crowds-form-for-trumps-new-jersey-rally-amid-impeachment-fight

• Platinum Contributing Member

He sure packs them in.... Wildwood only a couple hours from me people were camping out since Sunday night. Only a small fraction will be able to get in.

wildwood-rally.jpeg

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

38 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

He sure packs them in.... Wildwood only a couple hours from me people were camping out since Sunday night. Only a small fraction will be able to get in.

wildwood-rally.jpeg

I wonder if people camp out 2 days before a Biden rally to hear him talk?

18 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

I wonder if people camp out 2 days before a Biden rally to hear him talk?

I got hairy legs.........the kids like to push the hair down and watch it pop back up. I know about cockroaches 

and yet people this want him to be president. furthermore I haven't seen anyone try to defend it to date :lol: 

1 hour ago, washedupmxer said:

I got hairy legs.........the kids like to push the hair down and watch it pop back up. I know about cockroaches 

and yet people this want him to be president. furthermore I haven't seen anyone try to defend it to date :lol: 

yeah and don't forget about quid pro Joe too. The guy is a fucking train wreck. I hope they put him on the pedestal cause trump will knock him off with one punch

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Pete said:

clearly this irritates you..

mission accomplished

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

yeah and don't forget about quid pro Joe too. The guy is a fucking train wreck. I hope they put him on the pedestal cause trump will knock him off with one punch

You’re the dipshit that is overly invested in this shit Dopo....it’s comical how you think people are “irritated” while they are laughing at you. :lmao: