ZR 8000 RR best 800/850 class ever for the money

Rod

Really like the sled so far. Probably my favourite new sled. Performs with an XRS ski doo in a straight line but handles better.  Corners about 10x flatter than my XP did 

all for thousands less dollars than an XRS or XCR 

big fat win for cat 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The PC is the most firmly planted, best handling sled available.  That's a fact.  If you can't ride well, none of that matters...buy something else.

You don’t even have to ride it that hard. It just corners so flat it’s almost like an old piper. The XP’s were all over the place I’d imagine the new XP’s are the same 

Just now, ACE said:

You don’t even have to ride it that hard. It just corners so flat it’s almost like an old piper. The XP’s were all over the place I’d imagine the new XP’s are the same 

I have no idea how the new Doo's handle.  I hope they are better but, Cat has the flattest, most stable handling front end in the biz.  That's just a fact.  I heard the new front ends are really an improvement too.  I found that hard to believe at first but guys are converting their 18's and 19's to the new front end and they swear by it.  

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

I have no idea how the new Doo's handle.  I hope they are better but, Cat has the flattest, most stable handling front end in the biz.  That's just a fact.  I heard the new front ends are really an improvement too.  I found that hard to believe at first but guys are converting their 18's and 19's to the new front end and they swear by it.  

I doubt doo will ever catch up considering they’re still tweaking the same basic chassis since 08

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, ACE said:

I doubt doo will ever catch up considering they’re still tweaking the same basic chassis since 08

Cat will likely be out of business soon.  :lol:  

In all seriousness the ProCross handles very nice.  

21 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

The PC is the most firmly planted, best handling sled available.  That's a fact.  If you can't ride well, none of that matters...buy something else.

Actually I'd say just the opposite.   If you can't ride and don't want the fun factor of lifting the front end all the time then buy a Cat.   They are so simply they are boring.  :lol:  Well unless you put a 300 hp motor in them.  

Just now, Highmark said:

Actually I'd say just the opposite.   If you can't ride and don't want the fun factor of lifting the front end all the time then buy a Cat.   They are so simply they are boring.  :lol:  Well unless you put a 300 hp motor in them.  

I like handling.  That means I need steering.  That means I need a front end that stays stable, responsive and planted.  I don't ride off trail at all....if I did, I could see the benefit of the famous "fun factor".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I like handling.  That means I need steering.  That means I need a front end that stays stable, responsive and planted.  I don't ride off trail at all....if I did, I could see the benefit of the famous "fun factor".

A doo or poo can easily be made to not push in the corners.   I wouldn't own a sled that did.   I agree my new Poo takes a bit more rider input than my Yamaha to maintain a certain trail speed but I wouldn't call it significant.   Honestly I feel I can ride my Sidewinder faster in any type of smooth trail than any sled I've ever owned.   Saying something for a heavy 4.   That being said I can go extremely hard on my Poo and stay on my side of the trail all day long.   I need not go any faster than that and would likely be pulling away from 999 out of 1000 riders as I've driving sleds for 40 years.   Honestly the ProCross offers something that 9 out of 10 riders may never or should never utilize.   Ride quality the procross is not up to par with the doo or poo and I don't care what anyone claims.   Its just not as good.       

Just now, Highmark said:

A doo or poo can easily be made to not push in the corners.   I wouldn't own a sled that did.   I agree my new Poo takes a bit more rider input than my Yamaha to maintain a certain trail speed but I wouldn't call it significant.   Honestly I feel I can ride my Sidewinder faster in any type of smooth trail than any sled I've ever owned.   Saying something for a heavy 4.   That being said I can go extremely hard on my Poo and stay on my side of the trail all day long.   I need not go any faster than that and would likely be pulling away from 999 out of 1000 riders as I've driving sleds for 40 years.   Honestly the ProCross offers something that 9 out of 10 riders may never or should never utilize.   Ride quality the procross is not up to par with the doo or poo and I don't care what anyone claims.   Its just not as good.       

It's about much more than simply being made not to push.  

Bold:  That's a big reason why it doesn't sell as well.  'Ride quality" is what you make it....or rather, how you define it.  A harsher ride means stouter handling characteristics.  All my sleds ride like shit if I'm just cruising.  You can make a chassis built off a racing platform have a comfortable, touristy type ride only so much.

My neigbors that will barely beat the 600 is down again, lost a few weeks last year for the miracle re-flash and this year it's burnt the plastic with a 5 week wait on a fix. Typical PoS from the River Thiefs. Lot more miles than you though... like 700 LoL, what a fn joke. Next will be the dealer's getting their warranty claims denied 6-9 months later and more will pull the plug. Too bad, good lookin sled and way better quality with the input from Big Blue

Edited by Tinker

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It's about much more than simply being made not to push.  

Bold:  That's a big reason why it doesn't sell as well.  'Ride quality" is what you make it....or rather, how you define it.  A harsher ride means stouter handling characteristics.  All my sleds ride like shit if I'm just cruising.  You can make a chassis built off a racing platform have a comfortable, touristy type ride only so much.

By push I also meant inside ski lift.   Again the ProCross is best at this however my new Poo rides quit flat all the while offering things the Cat cannot.

My perfect sled is one that corners (limits push and inside ski lift) at say a 7 out of 10 yet allows me to lift the front end over bumps and thru the whoops and roller coasters at a 10.  The poo pretty much fits this.  The procross is a 10 on cornering and a 3 in the other area.   Ride quality the poo is a 9-10 and the procross a 7-8. 

Edited by Highmark

Cat has a better front end than the skidoo but the rest of the sled doesnt come close. And if you can set up a skidoo and put some better skis on it the benefits of a cat just dont exist. It is a bargain tho... 

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

By push I also meant inside ski lift.   Again the ProCross is best at this however my new Poo rides quit flat all the while offering things the Cat cannot.

My perfect sled is one that corners (limits push and inside ski lift) at say a 7 out of 10 yet allows me to lift the front end over bumps and thru the whoops and roller coasters at a 10.  The poo pretty much fits this.  The procross is a 10 on cornering and a 3 in the other area.   Ride quality the poo is a 9-10 and the procross a 7-8. 

The poo hay baler is the flattest cornering sled I have ever ridden. 

13 minutes ago, Anler said:

Cat has a better front end than the skidoo but the rest of the sled doesnt come close. And if you can set up a skidoo and put some better skis on it the benefits of a cat just dont exist. It is a bargain tho... 

The skidoo pilot is the best factory ski ever made.   I put them on most of my non-skidoo sleds.   The 6.9 pilots are far superior than the 5.7.  

I can set up my poo and doo to corner like a procross I just don't like what it does to the other handling characteristics.  

For the quality of snowmobile you got last years spring buy price on the cats was outstanding.   Simply can't take that away from them.  

Edited by Highmark

Just now, Highmark said:

The skidoo pilot is the best factory ski ever made.   I put them on most of my non-skidoo sleds.   The 6.9 pilots are far superior than the 5.7.  

I can set up my poo and doo to corner like a procross I just don't like what it does to the other handling characteristics.  

on early morning concrete nothing beats the 5.7,  once chopped up they are terrible,  they should have just put 6.9's on everything.  First change to my 09 and 16 gades was new skis-  

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

For the quality of snowmobile you got last years spring buy price on the cats was outstanding.   Simply can't take that away from them.  

the 6.9 is a better ski that the 5.7 and really I dont like the 5.7. pretty much every other ski I have used is better on skidoos. My bud with the 2020 xrs renegade put Ds2's on his and it rides amazing. 

5 minutes ago, Anler said:

the 6.9 is a better ski that the 5.7 and really I dont like the 5.7. pretty much every other ski I have used is better on skidoos. My bud with the 2020 xrs renegade put Ds2's on his and it rides amazing. 

thats what i put on my 16 XRS gade.  I put 5-6k miles on them on a previous sled and knew it was a good swap.  No crossover should come with 5.7's

6 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah, not a huge fan of the 5.7 but I love the 6.9's.   Put the powder pro's on my new poo.   Have always loved them even for trails.