Daughter of former Connecticut mayor killed in snowmobile crash in Maine

• Platinum Contributing Member

A Connecticut woman died after she was thrown off her snowmobile near a pond in Maine and struck several trees, authorities said.

Michelle Pavia — the daughter of former Stamford Mayor Michael Pavia, according to reports — was riding a snowmobile without a helmet late Saturday on Ironbound Pond when she drove off the ice and collided with the shoreline, a spokesman for the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife told the Bangor Daily News.

Pavia, 43, of Stamford, struck a group of trees as she was ejected from her snowmobile. She was pronounced dead at the scene, spokesman Mark Latti told the newspaper.

Pavia was the daughter of the former Stamford mayor

5 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

usually a few pops involved with that sort of thing as well

We were up in a private area riding and stopped at one of the warmup cabins. There was a rental sled all crumbled up in the wall of the cabin. The lady had to be airlifted out with some serious injuries. We saw them in the parking lot about 5-6 hours earlier and the guy was unloading his sled and they rented a sled for her. The broad was fkn hammered so they must've been half lit when they got there or couldn't handle the booze

5 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Kinda seems like the " oh let me ride it, I always wanted to try riding one."

Exactly!  "Those always looked like so much fun!  Can I take it for a quick spin....nawwww, I don't need a helmet, I'm just gonna go around the pond real quick.'