would you

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, awful knawful said:

I buy my pass, I buy my license ($25 goes to club) and I cut trees while atving.

There are lots of guys running around without passes or licenses. And no one checking or caring.

I'm not paying more.

You also seem to ride more than most as well.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

14 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

so talking about club funding etc .

would you be more likely to donate or even join at say a trail stop or shelter if all you had to do is point your phone at a QR code on  club signs  and click a amount  ? 

Screenshot_20200127-162608.jpg

I would absolutely utilize something like that to donate to a club. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I join the local club and throw a few bucks in all the groomer jars every weekend wherever we go.  Rather do it that way. 

map box money gets ripped off all the time . you can be in a bar on Fri and see a stuffed box go back on Monday and it has 3 bucks in it . see it all the time . 

just looking for ways to make it ez to join or give .

most youg guys dont even cary green money .

guess the way I see it the more ways to give money the more you might get . but just checking the air before taking the time to link all the shit and get new signage printed 

2 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

map box money gets ripped off all the time . you can be in a bar on Fri and see a stuffed box go back on Monday and it has 3 bucks in it . see it all the time . 

guess the way I see it the more ways to give money the more you might get . but just checking the air before taking the time to link all the shit and get new signage printed 

I should have clarified that i only put money in the jars of the businesses that I know are directly involved in grooming the trails.  I remember in New York years ago, all the games and bullshit with donations disappearing etc..

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

I should have clarified that i only put money in the jars of the businesses that I know are directly involved in grooming the trails.  I remember in New York years ago, all the games and bullshit with donations disappearing etc..

dealers never a issue gas stations ususly good even the trail shelter boxes or good . bars well they tend to get drained . best guess night crew cleaning up after close

none have a lot of money any way . real donations come from guys who

a go on line and pich in 100 to 500

B  see one of the guys they know are on the board and flip them 50 or 100 for the club 

C groomers get 20s and 50s from time to time from guys at gas stations or bars 

really it is not so much about the cash as is the email so we can blast out brushing and marking and bridge building dates and times and hope a few extra guys show . 

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

so talking about club funding etc .

would you be more likely to donate or even join at say a trail stop or shelter if all you had to do is point your phone at a QR code on  club signs  and click a amount  ? 

Screenshot_20200127-162608.jpg

I think that is a good idea.  Make it simple and on trail.  There’s less reason to not donate if they are enjoying the trails.

I buy registrations in 3 states and belong to 2 clubs . I also throw my change in the jar at every stop where there is a jar. 

That being said , giving people more options to donate can only be good.

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I’m going to have some adhesive QR code stickers printed up. How big will these be? I’m tired of driving the old van. 

Don't feel bad, I think the 350 is going out to pasture this spring.

Can't say more likely.   Not only do I join my local but I also donate a ton of stuff including the use of a tractor for cutting trails.   I also use my own tractor to cut a different section of our clubs trails.   I join BoBoen up at the cabin and support them in a number of ways other than just my membership.   Next year I might join a few other clubs in that area.   

It can't hurt making it easier to join or donate however I don't think it would make a massive impact but anything can help.  

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

14 hours ago, Ez ryder said:

none have a lot of money any way . real donations come from guys who

a go on line and pich in 100 to 500

B  see one of the guys they know are on the board and flip them 50 or 100 for the club 

C groomers get 20s and 50s from time to time from guys at gas stations or bars 

really it is not so much about the cash as is the email so we can blast out brushing and marking and bridge building dates and times and hope a few extra guys show . 

Our local bar in town closes at 9 cause it's mostly a restaurant, on good weekends when our trails are good in the winter we'll get over $100 from that, got a $200 donation to groom an 1/8th mile long camp road after every big storm last winter, cost maybe $15 in diesel. 

Maine also has a bottle deposit so we put a donation bin at the redemption center in town, I swear we get almost $1,000 from that every year for no effort since the owner keeps track for us. 

That code thing I think is a good idea, though my buddies don't donate at all and they're all 25-30, it's like pulling teeth to get the fucks to register their sled or help me brush once in a while... I donate over 130 hours of my time every year, that's plenty along with all the chainsaw hours, vehicle miles, etc

29 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

We have been members of our clubs and a few others for over 30 years. We always buy raffles, calendars and whatever the club sells.

i really think like NH being a club member should be required in Maine.

No, because that only benefits clubs in the southern part of the state where people live which only groom like 3 weeks a year compared to northern clubs where no one lives. @Angry ginger can confirm since he was involved with a club there.

Keep your mandatory membership and speed limits there please!

23 minutes ago, GGNHL said:

No, because that only benefits clubs in the southern part of the state where people live which only groom like 3 weeks a year compared to northern clubs where no one lives. @Angry ginger can confirm since he was involved with a club there.

Keep your mandatory membership and speed limits there please!

agreed,  clubs like the southern NH snowslickers suck so much money that could be better spent north.  The southern clubs have far more fundraising and free labor opportunities than the north.  We were fortunate in Ossipee to be in a snowbelt and have a decent member base but our neighbor club in Sandwich was really fucked by the system with limited fundraising and membership opportunities.  I'd prefer higher reg fees and allocate the money back to the clubs who need it due to snow.  Mandatory membership or not it's the same 10 people doing everything.  I really liked being involved in the club,  my kids been on more work parties than most members though.  I joined to get to know the area and new people not save $30 on my membership.  Unfortunately after 5 years the kids schedule became way too busy to be involved and then I started riding Maine mostly.