Corruption of The Dem Party..Joe Rogan and Jimmy Dore

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Why do lib policies always fuck the person who does the right thing? I see a pattern here.

I think we all know that will never happen, that is just POS dem candidate pandering for votes. 

2 minutes ago, Anler said:

I think we all know that will never happen, that is just POS dem candidate pandering for votes. 

I’m a lot like that guy giving Warren a hard time about this. I’m sure there’s many more just like us. I could have lived much larger. But I did the right thing for my kids future. 

2 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

ok but bernie and the  white indian  arent promoting that 

So what they wont be able to do it anyway. Its like Trump negotiating, make unreasonable demands and settle in the middle. Personally I dont think either of those 2 would be good for us economically anyway. We need trump to do this shit because then all of the meat puppets will fall in line. 

IMO theirs a lot of bullshit in the whole student loan issue.  Most of these students who are supposedly buried in hundreds of thousands of student loans are either irresponsible grad students (where the PLUS loans are given to them) or have permissive parents who are really the ones on the hook for the debt since they either took out PLUS loans or signed with the kids.  Feds only let the student borrow about $26k for their undergraduate.  The rest of the debt is parent signed and fuck the parents who make those types of choices if they can't afford to pay it back.  My kids will graduate with their 26k in loans.  thats a $250 payment when they graduate which is easily affordable even if it means waiting tables as a second job for a few years like many of my friends did coming out of school.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I'd have a huge issue with it for that reason alone. It dis-incentivises responsible social behaviour.

Well how doesn't so called "free HC?"

Just now, Edmo said:

I’m a lot like that guy giving Warren a hard time about this. I’m sure there’s many more just like us. I could have lived much larger. But I did the right thing for my kids future. 

I keep telling myself I should be thankful i can provide what I do. :bc: 

Just now, Angry ginger said:

IMO theirs a lot of bullshit in the whole student loan issue.  Most of these students who are supposedly buried in hundreds of thousands of student loans are either irresponsible grad students (where the PLUS loans are given to them) or have permissive parents who are really the ones on the hook for the debt since they either took out PLUS loans or signed with the kids.  Feds only let the student borrow about $26k for their undergraduate.  The rest of the debt is parent signed and fuck the parents who make those types of choices if they can't afford to pay it back.  My kids will graduate with their 26k in loans.  thats a $250 payment when they graduate which is easily affordable even if it means waiting tables as a second job for a few years like many of my friends did coming out of school.  

I agree, alot of this is hyperbole designed to incite peoples emotions like most other issues. Keeps us arguing instead of working for a better solution. 

4 minutes ago, Edmo said:

yup,  for 18 years I put away money for them that I could have blown on other things but I don't expect anyone to be responsible for me and my kids besides me.  Relying on handouts is something i would never even consider.  

Lot's of ways to lower the cost of higher education.   Here's the easiest.  

First start by removing some of the mandatory requirements.   NO REASON most students shouldn't be able to graduate in 3 years instead of 4 or 5.  Get rid of half the courses that don't directly go to your field of study. 

My oldest boy's engineering professor made a great point when visiting his school and why they do everything they can to get them out in 4 years.   That college without any academic or athletic scholarships was about $45K with room and board.   With a mechanical engineering degree starting around $75K that meant an a "loss" of about $120K for one extra year or $240K for 2 years with loss of income and cost of school.  Now most students there cost was inline with state schools of about $25K a year.   Still a possible "savings"  of $200K for the student if we get them graduating in 3 years.   Think about that for a second.  

Edited by Highmark

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Lot's of ways to lower the cost of higher education.   

First start by removing some of the mandatory requirements.   NO REASON most students shouldn't be able to graduate in 3 years instead of 4 or 5.   

My oldest boy's engineering professor made a great point when visiting his school.   That college without any academic or athletic scholorships was about $45K with room and board.   With a mechanical engineering degree starting around $75K that meant an a "loss" of about $120K for one extra year or $240K for 2 years with loss of income and cost of school.  

My son will get his bachelors in 3. Mostly because of all the AP courses he took in HS. Now he’s talking about doing a masters in the 4th year. Would be nice if he can pull it off.

2 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Lot's of ways to lower the cost of higher education.   Here's the easiest.  

First start by removing some of the mandatory requirements.   NO REASON most students shouldn't be able to graduate in 3 years instead of 4 or 5.  Get rid of half the courses that don't directly go to your field of study. 

My oldest boy's engineering professor made a great point when visiting his school.   That college without any academic or athletic scholarships was about $45K with room and board.   With a mechanical engineering degree starting around $75K that meant an a "loss" of about $120K for one extra year or $240K for 2 years with loss of income and cost of school.  

don't you know we need all these kids to be well rounded

FTR i agree but lots of kids don't know what they want to do and need exposure to different things but for those that know what they want just bang it out.  

Just now, Angry ginger said:

FTR i agree but lots of kids don't know what they want to do and need exposure to different things but for those that know what they want just bang it out.  

Not the taxpayers responsibility.   Nor is loading up $200K in student loans when the job that education pays i s $35K.

Bare minimum lets focus the cost of college on courses directly related to the degree.....not the fluff that they will hardly ever use in their lives.  

2 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

It's pretty unreasonable to think someone should plan out their whole life at 18 years old. I didn't know what I wanted to do until I was like 35. 

Just now, frenchy said:

:lol: what?

It incentives people to take less care of themselves if they don't see some skin in the game.   Same reason Obamacare wanted to tax Cadillac HC plans.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/17/house-set-to-repeal-obamacares-widely-disliked-cadillac-tax.html

The provision was meant to slow overall health spending by discouraging employees from selecting pricey insurance plans with lavish health benefits that could encourage overusing medical services. 

8 minutes ago, Highmark said:

It incentives people to take less care of themselves if they don't see some skin in the game.   Same reason Obamacare wanted to tax Cadillac HC plans.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/17/house-set-to-repeal-obamacares-widely-disliked-cadillac-tax.html

The provision was meant to slow overall health spending by discouraging employees from selecting pricey insurance plans with lavish health benefits that could encourage overusing medical services. 

I don't even know where to begin with that.....

3 minutes ago, frenchy said:

I don't even know where to begin with that.....

Pretty simply really.   Without co-pays, deductibles and premiums the average citizen is encouraged to almost overuse the system.   Not to mention the fact without seeing some financial impact people have less incentive to take care of themselves.  How would it be any different than what you claim free college would cause?

Edited by Highmark

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pretty simply really.   Without co-pays, deductibles and premiums the average citizen is encouraged to almost overuse the system.   Not to mention the fact without seeing some financial impact people have less incentive to take care of themselves.  How would it be any different than what you claim free college would cause?

too bad statistically the health of Americans lags behind pretty much every western nation, all of which have UHC.

secondly health care in the US is already 'free' for those without the means to pay for it. For those who work and pay taxes in countries with UHC, it's far from 'free'.

Edited by frenchy

27 minutes ago, frenchy said:

too bad statistically the health of Americans lags behind pretty much every western nation, all of which have UHC.

secondly health care in the US is already 'free' for those without the means to pay for it. For those who work and pay taxes in countries with UHC, it's far from 'free'.

spot on.  it's why the numbers thrown out for the costs are so stupid because we already pay for those who use the most healthcare and the poor and the middles getting fucked raw on insurance and deductibles.  Except the union guys who think just because they have free healthcare everyone else should just suck it up