Did you hear?

Anler

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Gravity in a vacuum just happens to bond into the only constant to 15 decimal digits precision that could give any reason to our universe being created   without it we are dead.  Oh yah, sign me up.

What if the number of times the universe expanded and contracted was a number 10 trillion digits long.

I'd say the odds would be pretty good it would eventually land in your 15 decimal digits precision constant for gravity.

Probably hundreds of times

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

What if the number of times the universe expanded and contracted was a number 10 trillion digits long.

I'd say the odds would be pretty good it would eventually land in your 15 decimal digits precision constant for gravity.

Probably hundreds of times

See you have forgottent logic in that thought and are just grasping at straws.

You are forgetting the rest of the fine tune constants that demand the same answer to ever more precision.

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

See you have forgottent logic in that thought and are just grasping at straws.

You are forgetting the rest of the fine tune constants that demand the same answer to ever more precision.

And you are discounting how big numbers can be.....very large numbers can make things that seem statistically impossible ...probable 

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

And you are discounting how big numbers can be.....very large numbers can make things that seem statistically impossible ...probable 

All of the constants need to come together though to support our universe after being in place.  Are we underestimating the overall complexity?  Yes.

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

All of the constants need to come together though to support our universe after being in place.  Are we underestimating the overall complexity?  Yes.

I think we drastically overestimate the complexity.

Think about the amount of computations a computer could do in a second 20 years ago.

The number has expanded exponentially through today and shows no signs of slowing. 

24 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I dont deny the existence or profess the nonexistence of any higher power. It means that I dont have the answers and I'm not actively seeking them. It's the most comfortable place I've ever been.

It sure sounds to me like you are pretty convinced their is no higher power though.   I guess I wonder why people rail so hard against religion and any “god” then claim to be agnostics.  :dunno:

I guess I feel that you should either be in or out if you choose to debate it.  You don’t have to believe it all or even believe in the scriptures to be “in”.  The old saying is, “An agnostic is really an atheist afraid to commit.”

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

I think we drastically overestimate the complexity.

Think about the amount of computations a computer could do in a second 20 years ago.

The number has expanded exponentially through today and shows no signs of slowing. 

I would much rather have this discussion than discrediting others based on religion.

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

No one has every taken a multi week trip to the other side and reported back. Thus it’s all speculation as to who’s over there......if anyone. 

There have been.  Whether they are to be believed is another story.  

5 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It sure sounds to me like you are pretty convinced their is no higher power though.   I guess I wonder why people rail so hard against religion and any “god” then claim to be agnostics.  :dunno:

I guess I feel that you should either be in or out if you choose to debate it.  You don’t have to believe it all or even believe in the scriptures to be “in”.  The old saying is, “An agnostic is really an atheist afraid to commit.”

I have no idea if there is a creator and I dont care. If there is a creator they've chosen to not be an active part of this world. 

I'm not arrogant enough to say.....what I can say is the logical fallacies of the christian faith are glaring and I'm not afraid to speak to them.

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

I have no idea if there is a creator and I dont care. If there is a creator they've chosen to not be an active part of this world. 

I'm not arrogant enough to say.....what I can say is the logical fallacies of the christian faith are glaring and I'm not afraid to speak to them.

I’m arrogant enough.

Just now, f7ben said:

I’m on board with that. There’s a lot of unexplained shit. Yet god has also been a convenient “gap filler” when there isn’t yet a solution to an equation. Religious lunatics have put curious and forward thinking minds to death when the status quo was about to be shattered. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’m on board with that. There’s a lot of unexplained shit. Yet god has also been a convenient “gap filler” when there isn’t yet a solution to an equation. Religious lunatics have put curious and forward thinking minds to death when the status quo was about to be shattered. 

Same can be said for the science and the scientific community as of late.  Yes?

7 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

Same can be said for the science and the scientific community as of late.  Yes?

Yup.

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

The current thought is that the early universe was made of hydrogen. In areas of slight changes in density, hydrogen began to attract by gravity. These areas became the first suns. They convert hydrogen to heavier atoms by fusion just as they do now. They collapse when the get down to iron. This blows the created material out in space creating nebulas. These are where stars are born. This is a process we see happening today. Now why this happens from beginning to end is anyone’s guess. My guess is that it has nothing to do with a bunch of crackpots figuring out a way to control people in the Middle East thousands of years ago. :bc:

Black holes are slowly consuming the entire universe. Once it does gravity will cease to exist and all the matter inside the black holes explode outwards 

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Such as? 

“It’s proven science...like gravity!!”

”MMGW....the science is settled.”

How I see it is like this: the left has found themselves bound up in their made up false narrative of being the intellectually elite.  So, they have made science their crutch, their “religion”.  And much like the religious fanatics, their answer seems to be to call people names when they are confronted and can’t explain their own theories. “You don’t believe in science?  You’re a moron.”

Fools gold being netted on both sides while pointing at the other furiously.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Gravity in a vacuum just happens to bond into the only constant to 15 decimal digits precision that could give any reason to our universe being created   without it we are dead.  Oh yah, sign me up.

Yep. That’s science. What we believe today will certainly be replaced in the future when more data is discovered. Still make a lot more sense that thinking a bunch of Arabs 2 to 3000 years ago had the universe figured out. :bc:

2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

“It’s proven science...like gravity!!”

”MMGW....the science is settled.”

How I see it is like this: the left has found themselves bound up in their made up false narrative of being the intellectually elite.  So, they have made science their crutch, their “religion”.  And much like the religious fanatics, their answer seems to be to call people names when they are confronted and can’t explain their own theories. “You don’t believe in science?  You’re a moron.”

Fools gold being netted on both sides while pointing at the other furiously.

Global warming is a done deal. All the evidence is in and there’s nothing more to decide. All that remains is deciding how to deal with it. While there’s several shrill sirens exaggerating future effects, it’s real  

Science is simply the observation of repeatable outcomes. Be it through trials, mathematics, or some other method of verifiable measure.  None of that exists with religion. 

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Global warming is a done deal. All the evidence is in and there’s nothing more to decide. All that remains is deciding how to deal with it. While there’s several shrill sirens exaggerating future effects, it’s real  

Science is simply the observation of repeatable outcomes. Be it through trials, mathematics, or some other method of verifiable measure.  None of that exists with religion. 

Globull warming is religion bro.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Globull warming is religion bro.

There’s a segment that’s attached their emotional wagon to it. Happens with a lot of things. I don’t. I recognize it’s real and humans are creating a shift in climate.