Down goes Kobe.

BOHICA

25 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Kobe’s incident was long before Me to.  I support that movement. It’s done some very good work in criminal justice. 

but becuse he ass plowed a 18 yr old with out concent pre ME TO Hollywood and there sbeep are allowed to pretend to be sad .

i guess I just needed to go over the ME TO ever changing  rule book . is is available so Amazon.  and it best not be a counterfeit or I will make Jeff pay 

2 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

He'll be in the basketball HOF this year.  amazing how rapes forgiven somehow and Pete Roses gambling was not. 

Rose claims he bet on his team to WIN. 

If true, In't that a hoot!  Thrown out for life for betting on your own team to win the game.  :wtf:

2 hours ago, hayward said:

Rose claims he bet on his team to WIN. 

If true, In't that a hoot!  Thrown out for life for betting on your own team to win the game.  :wtf:

Pete was the man when I was a kid. Sliding into first, diving for balls. Charlie hustle. No one wanted to win more than he did. No way you could convince me he threw a game or bet against his team. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Edmo said:

Pete was the man when I was a kid. Sliding into first, diving for balls. Charlie hustle. No one wanted to win more than he did. No way you could convince me he threw a game or bet against his team. 

Yep.  I seriously believe one of the best things MLB could do right now to save that absolutely insufferable sport is reinstate his privileges and put him in the HOF.  Enough already.  If Rose would have just taken steroids instead....he’d be golden!  

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 hours ago, Edmo said:

He ended Ray Fosses   career in an All Star Game for fucks sake! :lmao:

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is no escaping it this morning...I get it..we are a nation that worships Pro athletes, celebrities, musicians....etc.....guess what..there are parents right now sitting at St. Jude's, Shriners Hospital..etc....watching their children die from Cancer or some other unthinkable disease. Let's have a little fucking perspective.

Well said.

Its the media again trying to create a perspective. 

Sad story, but he was just a fucking BB player.  /Thread.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

There is no escaping it this morning...I get it..we are a nation that worships Pro athletes, celebrities, musicians....etc.....guess what..there are parents right now sitting at St. Jude's, Shriners Hospital..etc....watching their children die from Cancer or some other unthinkable disease. Let's have a little fucking perspective.

Actually giving tips on local news on how you can deal with mourning the loss of a such a world wide legend. 

The celebrity hero worship thing ended for me about 30 yrs ago. When a community organizer wins a Nobel Peace Prize over a true hero like Irena Sendler tell's who is at the wheel....

Edited by J. Jackson

34 minutes ago, Cold War said:

Actually giving tips on local news on how you can deal with mourning the loss of a such a world wide legend. 

These are gods to some people. It’s been by design. That would suck to be that distraught over something so fake. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I was telling my wife this very thing last night. I caught the opening of the Grammys last night and Alicia Keys was talking about Kobe and referred to him as a hero, I just about spit out my Powerade.

My wifes Pastor of 30 years dropped dead of a heart attack on friday.

She was sad for about 15 seconds.

Nobody really gives a fuck about anyone except their own. 

I couldnt give two fucks about Kobe. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

My wifes Pastor of 30 years dropped dead of a heart attack on friday.

She was sad for about 15 seconds.

Nobody really gives a fuck about anyone except their own. 

I couldnt give two fucks about Kobe. 

Sure seems like some people care based on their emotional appearances. Everybody is different, your broad brush painting of absolutes is low IQ stuff, you should be smarter and more observant than this. 

Kobe’s death effects me none whatsoever personally. 

Two weeks in a row of going to funerals of parents burying their kids.  yesterday we attended the funeral of friends who found their 14 year old son hanging in the garage.  For the parents and immediate family the pain is unbearable. The world has stopped spinning for them. As much as everyone's sympathizes and hearts go out to them........everyone else is going on with their lives today. The medias hyping of this as if it is such a profound loss on the world, where people will not be able to continue in their daily lives is disingenuous and bizarre.      

3 hours ago, Zambroski said:

Yep.  I seriously believe one of the best things MLB could do right now to save that absolutely insufferable sport is reinstate his privileges and put him in the HOF.  Enough already.  If Rose would have just taken steroids instead....he’d be golden!  

What known steroid user has made it to the HOF?

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Kobe was a global superstar who was involved with youth sports, and with his loss was his daughters, John Altobelli, along with his wife and daughter.

Yesterday morning before heading out to ride I was reading how LeBron surpassed Kobe on the all time scoring list, along with LeBron telling the story about the Philly connections and the shoes, and then coming off the mountain yesterday I hear Kobe was dead.

Yes a man like Kobe is going to get a ton more press than the average Joe, but that won't change my perspective on the illness or death of anyone else.

8 minutes ago, frenchy said:

it's coming. The fact the all time hits leader is a pariah for what he did and will never see the inside of the hall is perplexing.

It's not perplexing Pete is a degenerate gambler who knew the rules, and he understands the rules. What good are rules if you start making exceptions?

Legendary Cincinnati Reds baseball player Pete Rose, while discussing his new book, "Play Hungry: The Making of a Baseball Player," told FOX Business’ Stuart Varney that he’s totally over the Hall of Fame.

When the FOX Business host asked whether he’s angry about not being in the Hall of Fame, Rose responded, “No, I'm not angry. Why would I be angry? I'm the one who screwed up.”

“I'm not going to get on your show and complain about not being in Cooperstown, but I'm the one to mess it up and I'm willing to go on with it,” added the former player and manager known as “Charlie Hustle.”

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features/mlb-legend-pete-rose-im-over-the-hall-of-fame

3 minutes ago, Mileage Psycho said:

It's not perplexing Pete is a degenerate gambler who knew the rules, and he understands the rules. What good are rules if you start making exceptions?

Would you call Michael Jordan a degenerate? He liked to gamble as well.

6 minutes ago, bussman said:

To the point his dad got murdered and he had to “retire” for a few years. 

Well I know Michael is a hometown hero, just curious on his use of the word degenerate. I know lots of people that gamble. Never thought of it like that, it’s pretty much mainstream today.