Suzuki Cat 800 longetivity

53 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

Well. The Wasilla Arctic Cat dealer closed its doors in October. The Anchorage Arctic Cat dealer has been reduced to a parts house where they have to order just about every part you need. 

An Arctic cat is just not something I would consider buying. Well, there are a few cool vintage Cats from ‘77-‘82 that I would like to have. 

Regional availability is definitely an issue.  Here it is the exact opposite, loads of Cat dealers.  I have 9 dealers within 50 miles of my house.  Plus Country Cat is only a few hours away.  Literally any Cat part shipped same day, delivered by 10 AM the next morning for free, and priced less than retail.

To the original question, there are many knocks on the Suzuki 800 HO but longevity is not one of them.  Good mill if you want to ride and not wrench.  Worst case scenario you drop in a new set of slugs.  If you can do it yourself parts are less than $300.

19 minutes ago, ACE said:

I have had more issues with my doos than my cats 

X2. And I’ve owned a bunch of both. My ‘13 zuk 800 is still running strong with over 5k on it.

2 minutes ago, Edmo said:

X2. And I’ve owned a bunch of both. My ‘13 zuk 800 is still running strong with over 5k on it.

5k? My 18 assault is gonna pass 5k this year... :dirol:

My 17 850 is about to hit 6k miles. Was riding with the kid that bought it last night.

That sled is fast , took my stock turbo probably 700' to pass it. I have no studs and he does so that helped but that sled always ran well

Just now, f7ben said:

My 17 850 is about to hit 6k miles. Was riding with the kid that bought it last night.

That sled is fast , took my stock turbo probably 700' to pass it. I have no studs and he does so that helped but that sled always ran well

Skidoo etecs are the best running 2 strokes available right now. And I would also bet the most reliable. That 850 should go way past 10k no problem. 

23 minutes ago, Anler said:

Skidoo etecs are the best running 2 strokes available right now. And I would also bet the most reliable. That 850 should go way past 10k no problem. 

My buddy has over 17000 km on his 600 etec 

47 minutes ago, Anler said:

5k? My 18 assault is gonna pass 5k this year... :dirol:

Guess I liked riding the doos better eh?

:lol: It’s been in backup mode for a few years now.

• Haha 1