Housing market

BOHICA

45 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

If houses around me are priced right,they sell within a few weeks. The big fuckers with high taxes sit for a while. 

Been kinda slow around here. I’m sure it will pick up in the spring. Priced right is important. Couple neighbors shot real high and now they’re lowering the price bigly.

52 minutes ago, Woodtick said:

If houses around me are priced right,they sell within a few weeks. The big fuckers with high taxes sit for a while. 

I like my 10 acres, 64*48 shed, and house for < $500 in property taxes per year.  :bc:

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Been kinda slow around here. I’m sure it will pick up in the spring. Priced right is important. Couple neighbors shot real high and now they’re lowering the price bigly.

There was a lady around the corner from me that was priced way high. After a year on the market,she lowered the price by 20k and it sold in a week.

• Gold Member
9 minutes ago, ManOnManOral said:

Do you still live in a house with 6 inches of property out the back door?

Nope.  It wasn’t 6 inches even.  After it all was said and done it worked out well.  Kids graduated and moved on.  Made out pretty good on that shit little house

i live in prolly one of the hottest real estate markets in the country currently and have for a few years now

Edited by BOHICA

2 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Nope.  It wasn’t 6 inches even.  After it all was said and done it worked out well.  Kids graduated and moved on.  Made out pretty good on that shit little house

i live in prolly one of the hottest real estate markets in the country currently and have for a few years now

How long have you lived in Manhattan?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

I like my 10 acres, 64*48 shed, and house for < $500 in property taxes per year.  :bc:

Neal

Holy fuck!!!! A little over an acre on the river with a nice house $7,000.00.     8 acres with a house, barn and 1,100 sqare foot garage, $7,000.00.    

The prices in our area have been going up pretty steady. We bought our house 5 1/2 years ago and it's more than doubled. I kick myself in the ass for not buying a lot around the corner when it came up for sale at $62K. It sold a year later for $90K. We have an empty lot next to us but haven't seen the owner since we moved in and we're waiting for 4-sale sign to go up

20190127_130509.jpg

14 hours ago, Edmo said:

I’m hoping it cools off in 2 years for my personal situation, it’s still a seller’s market here. 

7 minutes ago, smokin george said:

The prices in our area have been going up pretty steady. We bought our house 5 1/2 years ago and it's more than doubled. I kick myself in the ass for not buying a lot around the corner when it came up for sale at $62K. It sold a year later for $90K. We have an empty lot next to us but haven't seen the owner since we moved in and we're waiting for 4-sale sign to go up

20190127_130509.jpg

never wait bad bad bad idea . send a letter with a offer . 

1 minute ago, Ez ryder said:

I know you snooze you lose. Somebody bought 2 adjoining lots (4+ acres) and they're selling the one for $79K. The one next door has a drilled well already in place,driveway in and partially cleared. We don't know if he's passed away and nobody has seen him either.

1 hour ago, Ez ryder said:

There was a handful of lots in our hood up north I was looking at last year. Some guy swooped in and bought every single one. They were cheap and he’s going to do well on them. 

16 hours ago, Woodtick said:

My stepdaughter and her husband have been looking for starter homes in southern Maine, and first two they put offers on ended up in a bidding war, and sold for more than asking price.

• Platinum Contributing Member
8 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My stepdaughter and her husband have been looking for starter homes in southern Maine, and first two they put offers on ended up in a bidding war, and sold for more than asking price.

That's been common practice here for several years. They will list a starter for $399k and sell in the $450-500 range. They post the sign on the yard with "Coming Soon" a week before the actual listing goes up. It will sell in less than a week, most often over a weekend.

Very few starters coming to market now as the big boom was 2-3 years ago.

Got my 1500 sq ft ranch on 28 acres built in 2006 with radiant heat and attached 2 car garage. Also has a mile long figure 8 loop road out back through the woods. Little spot of paradise. Taxes are $4,200 per year though... :flush:

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

That's been common practice here for several years. They will list a starter for $399k and sell in the $450-500 range. They post the sign on the yard with "Coming Soon" a week before the actual listing goes up. It will sell in less than a week, most often over a weekend.

Very few starters coming to market now as the big boom was 2-3 years ago.

A lot of starters have pushed condo prices up to almost $800k around here.