Ski Donk 8 Diddy turb

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Well Im tall and have long legs so that’s not going to work for me. I sat on a zr900 a couple weeks ago - no way I’m going back to that.

One of the reasons why I dumped my '99 670HO.  It was just taking up space in the garage but also, no one wanted to ride it.   My knees and back are fucked up and my kid is taller and longer legs than me now. Would be fun in the lake, but I'm glad it's gone and I got my $ :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Kev144 said:

But who wants to trail ride a sit down old style sled now days 

Don't be such a pansy Cunningham.

3 hours ago, Angry ginger said:

big difference with sitting with your knees up around your chin and in a comfortable position.   

You got ragdolled off both type of sleds like a Clod anyway.

2 hours ago, Edmo said:

Well Im tall and have long legs so that’s not going to work for me. I sat on a zr900 a couple weeks ago - no way I’m going back to that.

What do you ride now?

35 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think the Poo IQ had a really good compromise.  Didn't force you to ride with your ankles behind your knees but let you ride with your center of mass wherever you wanted it.  Could stand comfortably without killing your back hunched over, or sit and ride groomed flat stuff for miles.  Fit me well at 6'5"

Sat on a friend's Wildcat 700 in his garage over the holidays and felt like I was using one of those Squatty Potty toilet boosters.

What do you ride now?

6'4" here.  Some sleds feels like the COG is too high :dunno:

• Platinum Contributing Member
54 minutes ago, Matt said:

I think the Poo IQ had a really good compromise.  Didn't force you to ride with your ankles behind your knees but let you ride with your center of mass wherever you wanted it.  Could stand comfortably without killing your back hunched over, or sit and ride groomed flat stuff for miles.  Fit me well at 6'5"

Sat on a friend's Wildcat 700 in his garage over the holidays and felt like I was using one of those Squatty Potty toilet boosters.

Yeah first gen Revs were a little hard on the knees that way...the best fitting sled I owned was my SnoPro 500/720.

5 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What do you ride now?

Trek Bikes and a Radar Senate slalom ski.  I moved to Arizona for the endless summer.  :)

6 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What do you ride now?

What do you ride now?

Ride something Built in the last 15 years that didn't come out of a barn

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

What do you ride now?

What do you ride now?

:lol:

:lmao:

He's got a '16 SkiDoo Blizzard 800 

Way better that sit down sleds. Your JD F7 is like a lumber wagon compared to these new ones  

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

:lol:

:lmao:

He's got a '16 SkiDoo Blizzard 800 

Way better that sit down sleds. Your JD F7 is like a lumber wagon compared to these new ones  

I had two sleds in that firecat chassis. It was fast but not even close as nice on trail ad anything built in the last decade 

9 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Fast yes, but that's about it 

One of my buds snow checked the “joker” in red and I still think that’s the nicest looking sled I’ve ever seen. No way I could ride it though, I’m uncomfortable just sitting on it.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, snoughnut said:

There's no doubt the new rider forward sleds are more comfortable but back in the early to mid 90's there was nothing like ripping a triple triple on a fresh groomed trail. The sound alone was......

Animated GIF

I even enjoy ripping around on my 96 Vmax 4.   Knee's feel like they are at your hands, steers hard as fuck but man on man that sound is worth it.  

They need to have a support group for people like me.   "Hi....my name is Highmark and I have a problem.....I'm addicted to old 2 stroke triples and quads."  :lol:    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Does fordy John deer f7 even run

or is is barnstang material now 

:dunno: 

Probably  :lol:

32 minutes ago, Edmo said:

One of my buds snow checked the “joker” in red and I still think that’s the nicest looking sled I’ve ever seen. No way I could ride it though, I’m uncomfortable just sitting on it.

I rode with a few guys that had F7s   One had a Green Team Arctic Cat , one had a Black Widow, one had a Retro and another had a red one but I forgot which one it was. 

Edited by SVT MXZ XRS

3 hours ago, snoughnut said:

There's no doubt the new rider forward sleds are more comfortable but back in the early to mid 90's there was nothing like ripping a triple triple on a fresh groomed trail. The sound alone was......

Animated GIF

Yup and man those things would rail a corner 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I had a 98 ZRT800 and 99 SRX 700...you ain’t kidding. :ylsuper:

I had a 93 XLT Special and I put triple Decker pipes on that bitch immediately. That triple triple 2 stroke sound kept a perpetual smile on my face. :barney:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snoughnut said:

I had a 93 XLT Special and I put triple Decker pipes on that bitch immediately. That triple triple 2 stroke sound kept a perpetual smile on my face. :barney:

1 of my trail sleds is a 1214 cc triple in a 2002 XC Edge 600 chassis..I do shocks here so it actually rides pretty good and rails around corners, love passing the rider forward sleds on their low side..gonna quit doing that soon, at almost 73 years old it's time to slow down some..they always ask, "what's in that thing"  LOL

4 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

1 of my trail sleds is a 1214 cc triple in a 2002 XC Edge 600 chassis..I do shocks here so it actually rides pretty good and rails around corners, love passing the rider forward sleds on their low side..gonna quit doing that soon, at almost 73 years old it's time to slow down some..they always ask, "what's in that thing"  LOL

Pull up to the warm up shacks with an old Mach z surrounded by new sleds and everyone just wants to look at the Mach lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ACE said:

Yup and man those things would rail a corner 

Hell yuh!  There's still some boys around here that have some old metal and can ride like the wind.  Forget keeping up with them in the corners.  Just wait for the bumps....usually the first one.  :lol: 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hell yuh!  There's still some boys around here that have some old metal and can ride like the wind.  Forget keeping up with them in the corners.  Just wait for the bumps....usually the first one.  :lol: 

Lol they suck if it’s rough 

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

One of the reasons why I dumped my '99 670HO.  It was just taking up space in the garage but also, no one wanted to ride it.   My knees and back are fucked up and my kid is taller and longer legs than me now. Would be fun in the lake, but I'm glad it's gone and I got my $ :thumbsup:

why i went from ZX to rev and then rev to XP.  Even with the XP/XS i still have to stand to stretch the knees a fair amount.  

2 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

What do you ride now?

What do you ride now?

wrong,  only got rag dolled off my rider forward sleds but i rode them in way different conditions.  Just because you own and old sit down POS doesn't mean you need to get salty.  

35 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

you reply with a sinister look on your face........"the motor from hell"  :lol: