Ski Donk 8 Diddy turb

1 minute ago, Angry ginger said:

big difference with sitting with your knees up around your chin and in a comfortable position.   

2 serious accidents here already this year with guys standing, 1 guy has both arms broken, ruptured Spleen, 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung, tried to turn and hit a tree, the other guy whacked a large tree branch and was thrown off the back injuring his spinal column..several more hit smaller branches and are okay..

3 minutes ago, Kev144 said:

Take a poll and see who would prefer a sit down style to rider forward. Just sayin :dunno: 

I've ridden both, there are advantages to both depending on if you'r just riding or racing, 90% of my riding is race oriented.

I just can't see standing all the time, I stand for awhile too when fatigued after riding for hours.

Just now, XCR1250 said:

I've ridden both, there are advantages to both depending on if you'r just riding or racing, 90% of my riding is race oriented.

I just can't see standing all the time, I stand for awhile too when fatigued after riding for hours.

So a rider forward sled means standing 24/7.   :nuts: 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

big difference with sitting with your knees up around your chin and in a comfortable position.   

With my legs tucked in the foot area of the sled and sitting back my knees are lower then my hips.

58 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

With my legs tucked in the foot area of the sled and sitting back my knees are lower then my hips.

Well Im tall and have long legs so that’s not going to work for me. I sat on a zr900 a couple weeks ago - no way I’m going back to that.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Well Im tall and have long legs so that’s not going to work for me. I sat on a zr900 a couple weeks ago - no way I’m going back to that.

i bought my first Rev and kept my Legend 700 as a backup.  One day i rode it up and back on the lake and said fuck this i'll buy a new sled trialside before i ride sit down again.  Have to be knome size to be more comfortable on a sit down.  

• Thanks 1

IDK, “comfort” is an opinion and it depends on rider.  Of the trails are groomed and smooth, I’d love to rock a sit downer with some “go” to it.  Nothing is faster.  But if you want “comfort”.....Whatever....just get out of the fucking way.

• Like 1

I think the Poo IQ had a really good compromise.  Didn't force you to ride with your ankles behind your knees but let you ride with your center of mass wherever you wanted it.  Could stand comfortably without killing your back hunched over, or sit and ride groomed flat stuff for miles.  Fit me well at 6'5"

Sat on a friend's Wildcat 700 in his garage over the holidays and felt like I was using one of those Squatty Potty toilet boosters.

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, snoughnut said:

There's no doubt the new rider forward sleds are more comfortable but back in the early to mid 90's there was nothing like ripping a triple triple on a fresh groomed trail. The sound alone was......

Animated GIF

I had a 98 ZRT800 and 99 SRX 700...you ain’t kidding. :ylsuper: