Poor Ozzy

Pete

16 hours ago, ford_428cj said:

A handful of people off a Michael J Fox set all come with Parkinsons along with him. Wonder what causes it :dunno:

My Dad had Parkinson's.  When he was in a rehab hospital in Florida, I asked the head PT guy who told me he worked with all kinds of Parkinson's patients, who seems to get it.  He told me many were painters, many were farmers who dealt with sprays, but most he dealt with were GE employees.  My Dad was always spraying the lawn and fruit trees.  No idea why the GE employees got it, but being exposed to paints and pesticides your whole life seems to be a pattern.

1 minute ago, SmeeAgain said:

My Dad had Parkinson's.  When he was in a rehab hospital in Florida, I asked the head PT guy who told me he worked with all kinds of Parkinson's patients, who seems to get it.  He told me many were painters, many were farmers who dealt with sprays, but most he dealt with were GE employees.  My Dad was always spraying the lawn and fruit trees.  No idea why the GE employees got it, but being exposed to paints and pesticides your whole life seems to be a pattern.

Sounds like it is in clusters fairly frequent- so something environmental causes it, it would seem :dunno:

2 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Sounds like it is in clusters fairly frequent- so something environmental causes it, it would seem :dunno:

The health people are always talking about toxins in your body and you need to consume antioxidants for good health.  I know a guy (computer programmer) who beat a terminal diagnosis of cancer by taking a shitload of antioxidants and doing nothing else.  His cancer completely disappeared only to die in a zip line accident in Mexico 10 years later.  

7 minutes ago, Snake said:

Still have my copy of The Ultimate Sin.

Love that album.

It was his best work.  A time when he was absolutely surrounded by the most talent.  I’m an Ozzy fan but, to say he was a talent for the ages is a tough statement to afeee with.  His voice worked for a lot of his tunes....that’s where it stays.  This album was a good mix of well written music and clearly a sober Ozzy at the mic.

I saw him in concert several times as a “Yout”.  To say he was wasted on stage doesn’t give the term justice.  One really bad performance in particular.  Eeesh.  Didn’t even know what song he was on it was so bad.

3 hours ago, Edmo said:

My mom didn’t like my Cheech and Chong tape. That one came up missing. :lol: 

When my son was little we used to go through my CD rack and he liked Sabbath the best. 😮

:lmao: Our Catholic Italian mom's :lol:

When mine was little he liked Ozzy and Kiss the most! I've gotta find the Gene Simmons Halloween pics from when he was little  :lmao:

• Platinum Contributing Member
55 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

That doesn’t sound good.

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

I work with a guy who has Parkinson's.  It's in the real early stages. He's pretty young too.  Maybe 53-54.   He's a great welder but I'm guessing eventually it will have an effect on his work. I just hope for his sake he can work until he's able to retire 

1 hour ago, SmeeAgain said:

The health people are always talking about toxins in your body and you need to consume antioxidants for good health.  I know a guy (computer programmer) who beat a terminal diagnosis of cancer by taking a shitload of antioxidants and doing nothing else.  His cancer completely disappeared only to die in a zip line accident in Mexico 10 years later.  

Good points. Bleuberries are good for that I think?

Wild. Mexicans tie the knot wrong or use a shabby rope?

30 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

It was his best work.  A time when he was absolutely surrounded by the most talent.  I’m an Ozzy fan but, to say he was a talent for the ages is a tough statement to afeee with.  His voice worked for a lot of his tunes....that’s where it stays.  This album was a good mix of well written music and clearly a sober Ozzy at the mic.

I saw him in concert several times as a “Yout”.  To say he was wasted on stage doesn’t give the term justice.  One really bad performance in particular.  Eeesh.  Didn’t even know what song he was on it was so bad.

Saw him at Monsters of Rock in Germany. Same.

27 minutes ago, ford_428cj said:

Good points. Bleuberries are good for that I think?

Wild. Mexicans tie the knot wrong or use a shabby rope?

Yah...blueberries are great anti oxidants plus they taste great.

3 hours ago, SmeeAgain said:

My Uncle had. He worked for the state of NY in a shop that made road signs. Lotta paint.

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I work with a guy who has Parkinson's.  It's in the real early stages. He's pretty young too.  Maybe 53-54.   He's a great welder but I'm guessing eventually it will have an effect on his work. I just hope for his sake he can work until he's able to retire 

Don't you guys have a decent disability program.  The 1 thing I did to protect my family was get my own high quality DI policy because more people have disability issues than die and with some if your working a high paying job can't work that anymore but can work at McDonald will knock down the payout.  I just left a client who had a stroke and I am hoping he had a good policy to protect everything they worked for.  

2 hours ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

It's a brutal disease.  My Dad also had hydrocephalus  (Water pressure on the brain).  He had been showing slight signs of the Parkinson's for years, but the symptoms were very slow and they weren't even sure he had it for the longest time. When we realized he had hydrocephalus  we arranged for him to get a relief valve put it. That was done in April.  It took him almost a month to recover from the anesthesia as Parkinson's patients react very poorly to it.  He was doing very well when we went to Florida for our 2.5 week vacation in July.  I thought he was going to be in great shape when we got back.  I got a text from my sister half way through saying he was not doing better but much worse.  I was very surprised.  With the hydrocephalus gone, the Parkinson's came on like a freight train.  He passed within 2 months.  I guess I should be thankful that the hydrocephalus kept him being my dad for several years that I probably wouldn't have had without it.  I don't know how long specifically, but I believe they are good for 10 t0 20 years after being diagnosed.

55 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

Don't you guys have a decent disability program.  The 1 thing I did to protect my family was get my own high quality DI policy because more people have disability issues than die and with some if your working a high paying job can't work that anymore but can work at McDonald will knock down the payout.  I just left a client who had a stroke and I am hoping he had a good policy to protect everything they worked for.  

Work related injury, yes. 

52 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

It's a brutal disease.  My Dad also had hydrocephalus  (Water pressure on the brain).  He had been showing slight signs of the Parkinson's for years, but the symptoms were very slow and they weren't even sure he had it for the longest time. When we realized he had hydrocephalus  we arranged for him to get a relief valve put it. That was done in April.  It took him almost a month to recover from the anesthesia as Parkinson's patients react very poorly to it.  He was doing very well when we went to Florida for our 2.5 week vacation in July.  I thought he was going to be in great shape when we got back.  I got a text from my sister half way through saying he was not doing better but much worse.  I was very surprised.  With the hydrocephalus gone, the Parkinson's came on like a freight train.  He passed within 2 months.  I guess I should be thankful that the hydrocephalus kept him being my dad for several years that I probably wouldn't have had without it.  I don't know how long specifically, but I believe they are good for 10 t0 20 years after being diagnosed.

Yea Parkinson's is an ugly disease. Same with cancer. I've watched many people I knew die from it.    Another one that's brutal is ALS. I watched my cousins husband die from that.  Anyone who's ever know of someone to die from Lou Gehrig's knows exactly what I'm talking about.

23 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

Yea Parkinson's is an ugly disease. Same with cancer. I've watched many people I knew die from it.    Another one that's brutal is ALS. I watched my cousins husband die from that.  Anyone who's ever know of someone to die from Lou Gehrig's knows exactly what I'm talking about.

I had a teacher who was the father of one of my best friends die of it in High School.  If I was ever diagnosed with ALS, I'd eat a bullet rather than put my family through that.

29 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

How long did your cousin's husband last?

31 minutes ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

For anyone healthy they should get a personal LTD policy if work doesn't pay it's not huge money and by paying it yourself there's no tax on the payout vs an employer provided plan. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Yes...also sorry to hear about your dad my man. 

Thanks Bro.  I wouldn't give it a second thought as obviously it's how your body reacts to those toxins and it's very unlikely to get it.  Most are over 60 and less than 1% get it. :bc:

• Thanks 1