Poor Ozzy

Pete

8 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

No, saying good guitarists are a dime a dozen and he will be easy to replace.

Have a link for that? Not saying you're B.Sing, I've just never heard it before. Anything I have ever heard about Ozzy on Rhodes was Ozzy was devastated and said Randy was the best guitarist he had ever heard of before. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, irv said:

Have a link for that? Not saying you're B.Sing, I've just never heard it before. Anything I have ever heard about Ozzy on Rhodes was Ozzy was devastated and said Randy was the best guitarist he had ever heard of before. 

I don't have a link. I have a memory of an interview with him. And the words blew me away so much that till this day it sticks with me. As at the time I viewed Randy as the most talented of the bunch.

1 minute ago, steve from amherst said:

I don't have a link. I have a memory of an interview with him. And the words blew me away so much that till this day it sticks with me. As at the time I viewed Randy as the most talented of the bunch.

Interesting. I Googled it before I replied to your previous post but couldn't find anything. Very surprised to hear that.

• Like 1

Early Sabbath was cool when I was like 14.  It’s sucked ever since imo but to each his own.  Top ten best vocalist?  Gmafb.  Enjoy your millions and go away Ozzy.  How he got paid to dawdle around his house making a fool of himself with those two brat kids on is beyond me.  

71 years old.   Should be grateful he's alive with how he treated himself when he was young.  

Always like Crazy Train. 

21 minutes ago, SmeeAgain said:

Ozzy is top drawer with me.  Can't stand his fucking wife or daughter.

Agreed.   He is not my favorite artist, but I have enjoyed his music.  Nobody here likes anything.  :justcuz:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, irv said:

I always felt Ozzy's music took a down turn after Rhoads' death.

I was 15 when Blizzard of Ozz came out in 1980. I still remember the first time hearing Crazy Train like it was yesterday. His songs pushed me toward Heavy Metal as up to that point I'd mostly been listening to top 40 pop songs. I found Black Sabbath as I looked for more Ozzy. As much as I like the old Sabbath stuff, it still pales to Ozzy for me since I was hearing it in reverse I guess.

I think he is a great character. Wish I'd gone to see him on stage. I had tickets a few years ago and through my back out the day before the concert....lol

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I always felt Ozzy's music took a down turn after Rhoads' death.

I was 15 when Blizzard of Ozz came out in 1980. I still remember the first time hearing Crazy Train like it was yesterday. His songs pushed me toward Heavy Metal as up to that point I'd mostly been listening to top 40 pop songs. I found Black Sabbath as I looked for more Ozzy. As much as I like the old Sabbath stuff, it still pales to Ozzy for me since I was hearing it in reverse I guess.

I think he is a great character. Wish I'd gone to see him on stage. I had tickets a few years ago and through my back out the day before the concert....lol

We are about the same age.  I remember going to the record store with my mom to buy diary of a madman and the cashier giving us looks like lady wtf are you letting your son buy.:lol:

2 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

We are about the same age.  I remember going to the record store with my mom to buy diary of a madman and the cashier giving us looks like lady wtf are you letting your son buy.:lol:

Hard to believe that stuff was radical in its day. I asked for a shirt one year for Christmas and Mom went downtown to The Rock Shop which was our local place for concert shirts, black light posters and dope smoking paraphernalia. ....lol

She was good Mom.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I remember when my brother brought home diary of madman.  My strict catholic parents were like what in holy hell is this!!!!

:lol:

• Haha 1

Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a madman was everywhere when I was a kid. I love both of those albums and when he was Sabbath. I still listen to all of it. I’m a huge sabbath fan. Sabotage is one of the best albums  

4 minutes ago, Cold War said:

I remember when my brother brought home diary of madman.  My strict catholic parents were like what in holy hell is this!!!!

:lol:

My mother saw the album cover and almost had a heart attack lmao

• Haha 2

Just now, Pete said:

Blizzard of Oz and Diary of a madman was everywhere when I was a kid. I love both of those albums and when he was Sabbath. I still listen to all of it. I’m a huge sabbath fan. Sabotage is one of the best albums  

Volume 4 and the first were my favs

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Hard to believe that stuff was radical in its day. I asked for a shirt one year for Christmas and Mom went downtown to The Rock Shop which was our local place for concert shirts, black light posters and dope smoking paraphernalia. ....lol

She was good Mom.

Now we are trying CBD to help mom with chronic pain.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The best reaction I got from my parents was when I opened a birthday present and it was Kiss Alive lol. 1975. They couldn’t believe it. 

Edited by Pete
  • Haha 1