As deficits soar, Trump asks, 'Who the hell cares about the budget?'

Conservatives?

As deficits soar, Trump asks, ‘Who the hell cares about the budget?’ 
01/20/20 10:30 AM 
By Steve Benen 

Donald Trump delivered remarks at a private dinner with wealthy donors Friday night at Mar-a-Lago, and as the Washington Post reported, the president shared some thoughts about the nation’s finances. 

To those who criticized his spending and the growing national debt, Trump said: “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.” 

For most of President Barack Obama’s time in office, Republicans seemed to care very much about the budget, making fears around the national debt and deficit their top talking point. They’ve backed off those concerns under Trump.

The Republican’s comments came just four days after the Trump administration reported that the annual budget deficit surpassed $1 trillion in 2019, despite the growing economy, and despite the fact that Trump promised voters he’d produce the opposite results. 

Trump has now added $2.6 trillion to the national debt in just three years – more than Obama added to the debt in his entire second term. 

It’s against this backdrop that the current president has chosen … indifference. And though I’m generally loath to agree with Trump, his blunt rhetorical question – “Who the hell cares about the budget?” – may have some merit. 

more... 

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/deficits-soar-trump-asks-who-the-hell-cares-about-the-budget?cid=sm_fb_maddow&fbclid=IwAR1s61L_m9n3Rt8VzRguSPvK9m4dCnr9zL17-TsipZ85cdP8ok6B0mk84Jo

6 minutes ago, f7ben said:

"we're going to have a country"

I'm sure that made perfect sense to you 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Little feet...little brain. 

Two emotional half wits taking their rightful place by the site’s biggest retard to ensure everybody knows the dangers of making poor life decisions.

Go Gurlz!  :lol:

• Like 1

As of Jan. 2017 nobody cared, no tea party, no shutting down the government and having credit rating lowered, debt and deficit is no longer the greatest  threat to our nation like it was in the prior years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zambroski said:

Two emotional half wits taking their rightful place by the site’s biggest retard to ensure everybody knows the dangers of making poor life decisions.

Go Gurlz!  :lol:

WERE GOING TO HAVE A COUNTRY DERP

FUCKING MORON

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

WERE GOING TO HAVE A COUNTRY DERP

FUCKING MORON

I literally don’t know what you are crying about with this.  Is this another of your footballs being tossed into the Boston Harbor thingy what?

:lol:

Clown.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Conservatives?

By Steve Benen 

Donald Trump delivered remarks at a private dinner with wealthy donors Friday night at Mar-a-Lago, and as the Washington Post reported, the president shared some thoughts about the nation’s finances. 

To those who criticized his spending and the growing national debt, Trump said: “Who the hell cares about the budget? We’re going to have a country.” 

For most of President Barack Obama’s time in office, Republicans seemed to care very much about the budget, making fears around the national debt and deficit their top talking point. They’ve backed off those concerns under Trump.

The Republican’s comments came just four days after the Trump administration reported that the annual budget deficit surpassed $1 trillion in 2019, despite the growing economy, and despite the fact that Trump promised voters he’d produce the opposite results. 

Trump has now added $2.6 trillion to the national debt in just three years – more than Obama added to the debt in his entire second term. 

It’s against this backdrop that the current president has chosen … indifference. And though I’m generally loath to agree with Trump, his blunt rhetorical question – “Who the hell cares about the budget?” – may have some merit. 

more... 

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/deficits-soar-trump-asks-who-the-hell-cares-about-the-budget?cid=sm_fb_maddow&fbclid=IwAR1s61L_m9n3Rt8VzRguSPvK9m4dCnr9zL17-TsipZ85cdP8ok6B0mk84Jo

Suddenly the liar is concerned about the budget 

13 minutes ago, Sleepr2 said:

BS,,,,

BS what? It's correct. 

Never mind the fact that every single trump supporter on these boards was an ardent tea party supporter 10 years ago (stares at snake), but now all of the sudden the most important political issue in their lives is magically irrelevant :lol:

Just now, frenchy said:

BS what? It's correct. 

Never mind the fact that every single trump supporter on these boards was an ardent tea party supporter 10 years ago (stares at snake), but now all of the sudden the most important political issue in their lives is magically irrelevant :lol:

There was no surplus, I’ll be the first to say ( and I’ve said it before) that trump is a failure when it comes to cutting spending and a complete moron when it comes to the second  amendment, 

the Clinton surplus is a leftists myth,  

1 minute ago, SSFB said:

Some say we need to wait and see though because he might do something about it in the next 5 years. :lol:

HE NEEDS A SECOND TERM!

DEMS WON'T WORK WITH HIM!!!! ARHRHRHGRHRGRHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

As I prepare to lie awake at night, once again, and fret about the budget and natty debt........

I’m also concerned about the rings around Saturn growing increasingly denser....but I’ll focus on that tomorrow night.

You should probably just focus on breathing.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

As I prepare to lie awake at night, once again, and fret about the budget and natty debt........

I’m also concerned about the rings around Saturn growing increasingly denser....but I’ll focus on that tomorrow night.

I have no idea what your stance was 10 years ago or if you even knew what a deficit was, as your Side Show travelling carnival act was back at HCS at the time where you were apparently some sort of big wig.....

• Haha 1

Just now, frenchy said:

I have no idea what your stance was 10 years ago or if you even knew what a deficit was, as your Side Show travelling carnival act was back at HCS at the time where you were apparently some sort of big wig.....

Why the fuck are you upset now?  This isn’t even your debt?  

I think people that worry about shit they have no control over are bizarre.  Not only that but, worry about something that has NEVER....NEVER, EVER caused a financial crises.   “Muh.... but, it’s coming!!!!!!!!”

Well that and all kinds of other shit that is going to doom the entire human race IF WE DON’T DO SOMETHING. NOW!  MOeR Tackzes!!!!!!

pffft.....some need to be cleaning up their own filthy backyards and quit worrying about the neighborhood.

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

Conservatives?

By Steve Benen 

more... 

That's awesome!!!! All these Trumpsters spent the Obama years blaming Obama for the deficit that was caused by Republican wars and the economic meltdown.  Obama hands Trump winding down wars and a booming economy and he can't control his spending.  

Fucking priceless.  :lol:

19 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

One thing for sure. You're growing increasingly denser.   It must be horrible for your family.