Now is the time to tell the unions to fuck off!

Anler

11 minutes ago, frenchy said:

well there's a reason they don't need union protection from big mean employers. Because their skills are in high demand. 

I don't think they could lower themselves to the dumb fuck union leads.

Unions are going bye bye. Most industries don’t need them. I can see them being useful in the construction industry, safety,training,and manning up jobs.  There are a bunch of unions that need to get with the times. It’s not really even worth talking about when you look at the numbers.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labor_unions_in_the_United_States

43 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Trade unions also provide excellent training and apprenticeship programs. 

There are some things you can't even find a non union company to do and the ones that have tried failed miserably. The biggest contractors in the Midwest are all union contractors. 

10 hours ago, Highmark said:

I think someone should have the right to work without being in a union if they so choose.  

For sure. My daughter a college student works as a part time cashier at a unionized grocery chain. She is afforded zero protection or representation from the union, yet is forced to pay dues. Pathetic extortion of monies. She should have the right to decline membership.

6 hours ago, ACE said:

Trades unions seem to be a place for the people the true open market doesn’t want, and it keeps them off welfare. 

That is far from true. We have a severe shortage of trades people in this country. Every single union member could find work anywhere and anytime without the union.

5 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

For sure. My daughter a college student works as a part time cashier at a unionized grocery chain. She is afforded zero protection or representation from the union, yet is forced to pay dues. Pathetic extortion of monies. She should have the right to decline membership.

Lke Ben said. She doesn't have to work there. She can go somewhere else. It's her choice.

3 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Lke Ben said. She doesn't have to work there. She can go somewhere else. It's her choice.

While that is true. She may not be able to find another job that accommodates her schedule.  Like I said, taking money without providing any benefit is extortion.

17 hours ago, Anler said:

I dont think he complained about paying dues just that the union guys were cunts. 

My opinion on unions have never changed.

I play by the rules, and have never had the need to be 'defended' by the union.

The union is there as a prerequisite for employment. I consciously made the choice to join and fulfill my obligations.

My obligations consist of 1 requirement; pay dues. I am not required to do 1 other thing.... vote in election, attend meetings, etc. I do the required.

What is NOT required is to devote anything else to them. Not my time, not my adoration, not my anything.

Payment for services rendered. PERIOD.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snake said:

My opinion on unions have never changed.

I play by the rules, and have never had the need to be 'defended' by the union.

The union is there as a prerequisite for employment. I consciously made the choice to join and fulfill my obligations.

My obligations consist of 1 requirement; pay dues. I am not required to do 1 other thing.... vote in election, attend meetings, etc. I do the required.

What is NOT required is to devote anything else to them. Not my time, not my adoration, not my anything.

Payment for services rendered. PERIOD.

My version was shorter and more to the point. 

11 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

That's fucked up for sure. 

Same as with those who want to opt of of paying dues, but are still entitled to representation.  

12 hours ago, ManOnManOral said:

That is F'd Up if true? I can't see, if push came to shove, how the union could just walk away from all issues/concerns she had if she is paying dues? I'm sure if it ever came down to something where she needed representation and then told a judge/lawyer, etc, I am sure they would hold the union accountable. 

If you can, what union is that and what workers do they represent? 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, irv said:

That is F'd Up if true? I can't see, if push came to shove, how the union could just walk away from all issues/concerns she had if she is paying dues? I'm sure if it ever came down to something where she needed representation and then told a judge/lawyer, etc, I am sure they would hold the union accountable. 

If you can, what union is that and what workers do they represent? 

Irv,

I remember a couple of places I worked at during summers in late HS and early University where I paid into dues with basically zero representation.