College professor fired for reporting truth on polar bears

jtssrx

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

Yup. I went to get a mutt, the fucking people asked for a copy of the deed to my house (to prove that I owned it). Wanted me to sign paperwork to the effect of "they can come by randomly to evaluate the living conditions of the animal" for an undetermined amount of time. 

I'm all for the thought of the cause, but there are animals everywhere that need homes. That last interaction with the SPCA really put me off. I no longer donate. Too bad.

Where is this?  We rescued a great cat and they said at any time for any reason we no longer wanted her they would take her back.

The only paperwork we signed is we would not de-claw her, which is fucking disgusting and anyone doing so needs a severe beating.

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

Where is this?  We rescued a great cat and they said at any time for any reason we no longer wanted her they would take her back.

The only paperwork we signed is we would not de-claw her, which is fucking disgusting and anyone doing so needs a severe beating.

I don't believe in gun control for cats either.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ArcticCrusher said:

New Hampshire, AKA: The northern republic of Massachusetts.

It was a complete shit show. They even required multiple visits from us, before we could take it home, to prove we were serious about it, and to show that the dog actually liked us, vise versa.

Maybe it's different with cats? I don't know.

5 minutes ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

New Hampshire, AKA: The northern republic of Massachusetts.

It was a complete shit show. They even required multiple visits from us, before we could take it home, to prove we were serious about it, and to show that the dog actually liked us, vise versa.

Maybe it's different with cats? I don't know.

I can see the rescues don't want to see the animals come back.  I'm good with that, a real rescue at least.

Ftr.  We would never consider sending an animal back, for any reason.

Edited by ArcticCrusher

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

I can see the rescues don't want to see the animals come back.  I'm good with that, a real rescue at least.

I agree. But, they generally charge a "restocking fee" anyways. On top of that, they wanted 500 US for the dog. Too many hoops to jump through, IMO. I just wanted to give the little guy a good home, they made it so difficult, turned it into a government job for profit and invasion of my life.

If I'm already paying $500 for a stray dog, why do you need my last year's tax returns?  Fuck them.

I went to a private rescue, got 2 great dogs, no questions asked. I still keep in contact with them, send pictures of them growing up, etc.

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot said:

I agree. But, they generally charge a "restocking fee" anyways. On top of that, they wanted 500 US for the dog. Too many hoops to jump through, IMO. I just wanted to give the little guy a good home, they made it so difficult, turned it into a government job for profit and invasion of my life.

If I'm already paying $500 for a stray dog, why do you need my last year's tax returns?  Fuck them.

I went to a private rescue, got 2 great dogs, no questions asked. I still keep in contact with them, send pictures of them growing up, etc.

Yah thats too invasive.  

I can see a visit to see if you can actually accomodate the rescue.

It's not about the 500.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Our last dog rescue attempt was for a beautiful lab, but we believe the foster giver decided to keep him.  It's all for the pets people.

My dogs are family. You'd have to pry them from your cold dead hands. Man's best friend. :saluting: 😎

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodtick said:

A rescue around here just got busted for that. They were going all over getting free dogs and cats,then putting them in their rescue shelter for adoption for a donation. There are a bunch of these non for profit rescues that are scams. The people running them are paying themselves well.

thats the case for all non profits

i just got back from voisey's bay today," northern Labrador" believe me you, talk to the innu and Inuits and they say they can't go outside without a rifle cause the polar bears are so thick.