The glorious American healthcare system.

11 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Next up, american liberal money grabbers will be saying education is a right, clothing is a right, entertainment is a right, transportation is a right.  

.......dogs and cats living together - mass hysteria.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Next up, american liberal money grabbers will be saying education is a right, clothing is a right, entertainment is a right, transportation is a right.  All designed to get money from the taxpayers to justify their insignificant jobs with over compensated monetary rewards. 

You don’t think education is a right..who am I kidding of course you don’t....just like your hero who says he likes an uneducated populace. 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

You don’t think education is a right..who am I kidding of course you don’t....just like your hero who says he likes an uneducated populace. 

Does he love the uneducated or does he love they are uneducated?

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

These all sound like first world issues designed to separate taxpayers from their money all to get more of the populace reliant on government.

14 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

10 minutes ago, Snake said:

Does he love the uneducated or does he love they are uneducated?

I grew up in New York, and have been unhappily acquainted with Trump’s brand of glitzy racist megalomania for decades. This campaign has distilled and revealed him: liar, misogynist, ableist, xenophobe, wannabe war-mongerer. As the man himself might say, Trump is a terrible candidate and person! Sad!

But please, stop the titters and eyerolls about his “poorly educated” line.

First, his fans - the Trumpkins - already believe Democrats and journalists are snotty elitists. In this case, the cut-ups are proving the Trumpkins right.

What is funny about saying “I love the poorly educated”? Of course Trump loves poorly educated voters. Who else would be asinine enough to buy his tripe?

But some of the same people who have been laughing because he said he loves the poorly educated also denounce voter ID laws. Why? They disenfranchise Americans who are disproportionately lower-income workers, minorities — and poorly educated.

They denounce the laws because they believe — rightly — that an education is neither necessary nor sufficient for thoughtful democratic participation.

Of course, “I love the poorly educated” is ostensibly funny because what politician actually says something like that? Any politician who thought for half a second before speaking would say, “I’m grateful for the support of working class Americans.”

But Trump does not tiptoe. That is at least partly because, unlike many of the candidates and most of the media, he actually loves the poorly educated.

He is not laughing at them or ignoring them or wishing them away or informing them that they are wrong about what is really best for them. 

Trumpkins say they love how Trump speaks his mind. Maybe some admire his outspoken bigotry. But maybe others also like the way he talks about them. Straightforwardly. Acceptingly.

As a friend tweet-stormed, “If you self-identify as undereducated and feel bad about it...the guy ‘loves’ you (after a fashion) and wants to be greedy for you.”

A February 24th poll shows Trump beating Hillary Clinton by 46 to 40 among voters without college degrees in the must-win state of Ohio. 

Meanwhile, the highly educated scratch their heads and cannot understand why he is not imploding like they keep predicting.

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

These all sound like first world issues designed to separate taxpayers from their money all to get more of the populace reliant on government.

Let’s be clear...are you talking about a college education or basic k-12? 

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

Why don't YOU be clear.  What are you talking about?

I’m trying to have a rational discussion with you and you made the statement about education...not me.

2 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

In a highly evolved society both healthcare and education is a human right. There will always be knuckledraggers though. They’ll be marginalized though. 

In a highly evolved society those in a position to help don't do so by disparaging those in need.

5 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

In a highly evolved society both healthcare and education is a human right. There will always be knuckledraggers though. They’ll be marginalized though. 

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

In a highly evolved society those in a position to help don't do so by disparaging those in need.

Ouch.  They don't require others to pay for it either.  Essentially stomping on those rights.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m trying to have a rational discussion with you and you made the statement about education...not me.

We already have basic k-12.  There are truancy laws to make sure people exercise those rights.   I thought you understood that.

14 minutes ago, racer254 said:

We already have basic k-12.  There are truancy laws to make sure people exercise those rights.   I thought you understood that.

I realize what we have and I also have listened to you and others bitch and moan about having to pay for it so it was a valid question. 
BTW why worry about HC and education when there is no money in it...keep the boogeyman  alive and push war baby war!!!! 

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

10 hours ago, f7ben said:

Ah no.....its not. There have been studies that showed providing access to preventative care programs reduced diabetes etc and kept those who are susceptible to worsening conditions from more costly healthcare situations

I'm not talking about helping those control something already diagnosed.   We have massive amounts of people who drink or do too many drugs, are obese and simply don't take care of themselves.   No doctor telling them to change their lifestyle will impact that if they haven't already.   Most people aren't honest with their doctor if asked how much they drink in the first place.

8 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Slice it any way you wish. The healthcare system In America is broken. It’s troubles are far greater than Obamacare. You don’t see it because of your financial altitude. This is more than obvious in all your posts. Who knows, someday you may not be so fortunate. 

Ah yes anyone with a certain amount of success can't possibly know any different viewpoint or can be sympathetic in way other than what you feel needs to be done.   

I don't want UHC because I think it would hurt our system and put far too much power in the hands of govt.   Are there things in our healthcare system that are broken?   Absolutely, however just because someone doesn't think UHC is the path to helping the most people doesn't mean they feel citizens should be left behind.   I have zero issues with our Medicaid programs as long as they are managed properly and try to limit fraud as much as possible.

When Obamacare was passed the democrats argued that Cadillac plans had to be highly taxed because they caused overuse of the medical system.   In other words they theorized that with a great healthcare plan it caused less personal accountability and people just stayed unhealthy and went to the doctor for everything.   Imagine....if that's true what happens when EVERYONE basically gets that plan.   Our medical system will be overloaded and in the end MORE people are left on the wayside because of it.   Its not that complicated to see that.    

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Let’s be clear...are you talking about a college education or basic k-12? 

I would say they are few college degrees worth a fuck and most are not.  So lets say we prioritize the programs we actually need by subsidizing them more and the artsy programs make them pay full.

13 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Ah yes anyone with a certain amount of success can't possibly know any different viewpoint or can be sympathetic in way other than what you feel needs to be done.   

I don't want UHC because I think it would hurt our system and put far too much power in the hands of govt.   Are there things in our healthcare system that are broken?   Absolutely, however just because someone doesn't think UHC is the path to helping the most people doesn't mean they feel citizens should be left behind.   I have zero issues with our Medicaid programs as long as they are managed properly and try to limit fraud as much as possible.

When Obamacare was passed the democrats argued that Cadillac plans had to be highly taxed because they caused overuse of the medical system.   In other words they theorized that with a great healthcare plan it caused less personal accountability and people just stayed unhealthy and went to the doctor for everything.   Imagine....if that's true what happens when EVERYONE basically gets that plan.   Our medical system will be overloaded and in the end MORE people are left on the wayside because of it.   Its not that complicated to see that.    

That’s pretty much bullshit. There’s two reasons healthcare costs went up under Obamacare. The elimination of the preexisting condition exclusion and formation of the sunshine act. You can stop right there because those two changes are at the nexus of the cost increase. Both of those changes marginalized profit margins for health insurance companies. Now you can try and doll it up with all that other bullshit, but those are the reasons.  

Just now, spin_dry said:

That’s pretty much bullshit. There’s two reasons healthcare costs went up under Obamacare. The elimination of the preexisting condition exclusion and formation of the sunshine act. You can stop right there because those two changes are at the nexus of the cost increase. Both of those changes marginalized profit margins for health insurance companies. Now you can try and doll it up with all that other bullshit, but those are the reasons.  

:lol:   Dude...I wasn't pointing out that HC cost went up under Obamacare but thanks for doing it for me.   Try and follow along.  

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

I realize what we have and I also have listened to you and others bitch and moan about having to pay for it so it was a valid question. 
BTW why worry about HC and education when there is no money in it...keep the boogeyman  alive and push war baby war!!!! 

Paying for basics is one thing.  But paying for cadillacs when we only need a chevy is something thought up by the scammers to get more money.   The dems have started more wars than the other party, but keep on the bandwagon and lets elect more dems from the 80's

BTW, I spent 5 hours in a groomer the other night.  Did I ask you to pay for it?

Edited by racer254