'Celebrities Should Stay Out Of Politics,' Says Man With Framed Portrait Of Ronald Reagan

SSFB

article-3570-1.jpg

BEAVER DAM, WY—Local man Dean Lionel wrote in a Yahoo News comment section Monday that he believes celebrities should stay out of politics, all while his favorite portrait of Ronald Reagan looked on from his wall.

"Our problem is that we're listening to celebrities instead of real politicians with experience," he wrote, though he owns 47 coffee table books covering the presidency of actor Ronald Reagan.

Lionel reserves the harshest of his rhetoric for liberal actors and musicians who insist on inserting themselves into the political sphere. He says he believes politics and entertainment should be kept separate, and that no one should listen to the opinions of "crazy actors from La La Land out there on the Left Coast."

But the man even has criticisms of Donald Trump, saying he longs for the "glory days" when Republicans supported true leaders and not just popular icons who acted in movies or had television shows.

"Oh, Ronald, how did we ever get ourselves into this mess, where we're electing celebrities to the highest office in the land?" he reportedly muttered as he settled in for an afternoon snack and his daily viewing of Bedtime for Bonzo.

https://babylonbee.com/news/celebrities-should-stay-out-of-politics-says-man-with-framed-portrait-of-ronald-reagan

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

God damn you've turned into a fucking moron

The Bee is usually kinda funny.  This one missed the mark.  Don't let that bother you so much.  There are much bigger things to worry about than a Bee story.

• Thanks 1

Just now, AKIQPilot said:

The Bee is usually kinda funny.  This one missed the mark.  Don't let that bother you so much.  There are much bigger things to worry about than a Bee story.

I'm worried about you to be honest 

1 minute ago, AKIQPilot said:

You shouldn't.  I'm spending money like a drunken sailor and living life to the fullest.  It's quite fun.  

That makes me smile to know....but without a doubt the cheese is slipping your cracker a bit as evidenced but the utterly Racer level comments you make here from time to time

Just now, f7ben said:

That makes me smile to know....but without a doubt the cheese is slipping your cracker a bit as evidenced but the utterly Racer level comments you make here from time to time

So spindry is the only person allowed to troll around here?  :dunno: 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

No it didn’t. Just go and read the FB comments. :lol:

5 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

So spindry is the only person allowed to troll around here?  :dunno: 

You are welcome to troll....its just you're so good at it you're trolling me expertly and I dont like it

• Platinum Contributing Member

Reagan had years in politics after his acting career and before the WH.   its a shame that anyone thinks only politicians are qualified to be in positions of power in govt.

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Reagan had years in politics after his acting career and before the WH.   its a shame that anyone thinks only politicians are qualified to be in positions of power in govt.

Who thinks that...I simply asked if acting is considered an honest days work. If Reagan was a Democrat I guarantee he would be dismissed by most here as “just an actor”.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Who thinks that...I simply asked if acting is considered an honest days work. If Reagan was a Democrat I guarantee he would be dismissed by most here as “just an actor”.

Well he was a Democrat at one point, just like the other celebrity GOP President. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Did I quote or point you out specifically?   I think the first post is trying to point out the mans hypocrisy and I'm simply pointing out Reagan was gov of Ca for years before running for the WH.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Well he was a Democrat at one point, just like the other celebrity GOP President. :lol:

Good point but then he saw the light and all was well RWW Land!!!!!!