Texas man invents machine that extracts water from air So when does he get suicided???

jtssrx

13 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Speaking of which, my dehumidifier has been making a funny noise. 

Check on-line, many dehumidifier models start home fires..it's rather common..when I was a Vol. Firefighter I recall several that did.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Check on-line, many dehumidifier models start home fires..it's rather common..when I was a Vol. Firefighter I recall several that did.

I have an in-line, amperage sensing plug adaptor attached to the plug end of the humidifier to prevent that from occurring. The newer dehumidifiers, unless they’re commercial, have a life expectancy of about 2-3 years. It’s pretty sad. 

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I have an in-line, amperage sensing plug adaptor attached to the plug end of the humidifier to prevent that from occurring. The newer dehumidifiers, unless they’re commercial, have a life expectancy of about 2-3 years. It’s pretty sad. 

Hmmm, that's a good idea, where did you buy that at? Mine is 2 years old but I bought a model which had no fires reported..

1 minute ago, XCR1250 said:

Hmmm, that's a good idea, where did you buy that at? Mine is 2 years old but I bought a model which had no fires reported..

I didn’t buy it. I had a box of them sent to me by a Canadian based company that made the Vanee air to air exchangers. The model that was installed in the house I owned had a habit of catching fire.  The fan motor shaft would wear and then the motor would overheat and catch fire. The adaptors sensed the amperage spike and would shut it down. I’ve since moved but took the adaptors with me. I’m sure a search online could produce some kind of result. I think I’ll probably replace the dehumidifier with a commercial unit this time. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Any idea of the name on them or where to buy? On-line search is inconclusive as I'm not sure what I'm looking at/for?

I’ll do a little digging. Might be a mfg name on the box or adaptors themselves. 

40 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

we bought an old one at a yard sale in like 98/99.  tossed it maybe 6-7 years ago.  2 since then in addition to another few that were in the other section of the basement while the old one chugged right along.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, AKIQPilot said:

One of my favorite things about the Southwest and Alaska. No humidity. 

In Alaska?   Even along the coast?

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, AKIQPilot said:

My home is just a couple miles from the ocean. We have very low humidity at my house. 25% or less most days. 

Never knew that or would have expected that close to the ocean.  :thumb:

1 hour ago, bussman said:

2% inside humidity? Yikes. 

Holy shit!  I know.  I can literally hear my sinuses cracking when my house gets to 30!!!

2 hours ago, AKIQPilot said:

One of my favorite things about the Southwest and Alaska. No humidity. 

Amen to that.  I’ve spent too many years “learning” humidity in the SE.  it’s fucking miserable.  Why on earth anybody would consider that nice for 8 months is astonishing.  Takes a special kind of retards to move to Florida, IMO.

1 hour ago, AKIQPilot said:

No one is there. No showers, washing, cooking, anything. 

Its normally 25% when we are home. 

Tom, what's it like where you are now vacationing/enjoying your retirement? I heard years ago that people have to place buckets of water inside RV's, etc, to help put moisture into the air as to stop wood and other things from drying out/splitting due to the lack of humidity in the air. I assume that is true but then again, I am not 100% on that? :dunno: