Effects of Minimum wage in Seattle

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nobody should start at a beginners wage.   Everyone deserves at least $100k starting off.   

Haven’t you seen the other thread. Seems 100k isn’t enough. :dunno: 

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Edmo said:

Haven’t you seen the other thread. Seems 100k isn’t enough. :dunno: 

You're right.   Better make it $125K however if you were making $120K before sorry.....you only get a $5K raise.   :lol:  

I wish the country as a whole viewed the working class as "too big to fail"

We are still bailing out banks to the tune of 100s of billions but you have retarded fucks here crying about minimum wage

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, f7ben said:

We are still bailing out banks to the tune of 100s of billions but you have retarded fucks here crying about minimum wage

Bizarre isnt it? Wishing the worst for the least advantaged and selling their future for the most advantaged. Seriously I am going to look into being a fake news troll, Ill make millions. I know what these morons love! :lol: 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There's no doubt we pay the wrong people way too much money in this country and that's a big part of why it's failing. When we put white collar hucksters on a pedestal there's no doubt we're heading in the wrong direction, I call it white collar terrorism.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

There's no doubt we pay the wrong people way too much money in this country and that's a big part of why it's failing. When we put white collar hucksters on a pedestal there's no doubt we're heading in the wrong direction, I call it white collar terrorism.

Yup.....they steal our future and we celebrate them as something to aspire to

Just now, washedupmxer said:

I don't see any celebrating in my circles....just saying 

Come on Drip.....attacking the idea of a rising minimum wage is celebrating the theft of our labor.

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Come on Drip.....attacking the idea of a rising minimum wage is celebrating the theft of our labor.

Because across the board minimum wage mins are retarded

A retarded heart in the right place is still a retard

Edited by washedupmxer

Just now, washedupmxer said:

Because across the board minimum wage mins are retarded

A retarded heart in the right place is still a retard

I agree its dumb but it's what we have and since it wont be getting eliminated we need it to rise

25 minutes ago, f7ben said:

15 minutes ago, Anler said:

Bizarre isnt it? Wishing the worst for the least advantaged and selling their future for the most advantaged. Seriously I am going to look into being a fake news troll, Ill make millions. I know what these morons love! :lol: 

You know maybe just maybe people can look at the larger picture and see that if higher MW hurts more than it helps its a bad idea.  

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

You know maybe just maybe people can look at the larger picture and see that if higher MW hurts more than it helps its a bad idea.  

You mean that greed at the top is unwilling to accept and play the “new” game? Absolutely. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

And maybe they cant see the bigger picture. This argument goes nowhere with some so its not worth fighting.

I made a pretty good living being a union worker right out of high school. The non union option for that same job was half the pay and zero benefits. Life would have been alot harder that way and the neighborhood I lived in would have looked alot different. We all pay for the poor one way or another, i think its best to let them work for it themselves, others think its best to let companies use welfare subsidized workers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You mean that greed at the top is unwilling to accept and play the “new” game? Absolutely. 

Your vast business experience has taught you this?  :lol:  

Just now, Anler said:

And maybe they cant see the bigger picture. This argument goes nowhere with some so its not worth fighting.

I made a pretty good living being a union worker right out of high school. The non union option for that same job was half the pay and zero benefits. Life would have been alot harder that way and the neighborhood I lived in would have looked alot different. We all pay for the poor one way or another, i think its best to let them work for it themselves, others think its best to let companies use welfare subsidized workers. 

Well between loss of jobs and increase in COL putting zero extra in the pockets of those its suppose to help makes it a fools errand in my book.  

Where do you think MW should be?   And for those that have earned their way to a higher wage are you willing to pass on the same increase up the ladder to all those people?

Just now, Highmark said:

Well between loss of jobs and increase in COL putting zero extra in the pockets of those its suppose to help makes it a fools errand in my book.  

Where do you think MW should be?   And for those that have earned their way to a higher wage are you willing to pass on the same increase up the ladder to all those people?

Well what most business savy people in here probably dont know is that there is already a prevailing wage for every county in the country for each type of labor job. Its based off of economic data from each area to arrive at those rates. Doesnt seem all that difficult to tie MW to that. 

Just now, Anler said:

Well what most business savy people in here probably dont know is that there is already a prevailing wage for every county in the country for each type of labor job. Its based off of economic data from each area to arrive at those rates. Doesnt seem all that difficult to tie MW to that. 

Excellent point and one I've made numerous times in here however I think even by county it can get tough.   For example Iowa City where the U of I is can likely support a higher MW than say the little town of Lone Tree or Oxford.   This actually came up when Johnson County was looking into MW.  

What about the people who worked to earn the higher MW?   What increase do they deserve?   Straight dollar increase or a equal % increase?   Where should it stop? 

Just now, Highmark said:

Excellent point and one I've made numerous times in here however I think even by county it can get tough.   For example Iowa City where the U of I is can likely support a higher MW than say the little town of Lone Tree or Oxford.   This actually came up when Johnson County was looking into MW.  

What about the people who worked to earn the higher MW?   What increase do they deserve?   Straight dollar increase or a equal % increase?   Where should it stop? 

Well its already being done, i deal with it everyday. Prevailing wages in chicago are at LEAST $10/hour higher than they are just 60 miles to the south and they drop off more from there the further out you get. 

Its not about what they deserve, we are talking about minimums which most agree are too low. They can build from there if they want to put in the work.