FXR F.A.S.T Technology

1 minute ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any opinions on FXR gear in general? Sold my Klim pants/bibs and looking for something lightly insulated. 

Reminds me I need to contact klim customer service. Last trip we rode in the rain and I got soaked. Klim guarantees to keep you dry. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Any opinions on FXR gear in general? Sold my Klim pants/bibs and looking for something lightly insulated. 

High quality, warm, expensive. My wife has trouble staying warm and she’s tried it all. FXR is the best. Klim I think is better repelling water but everything else I’d choose FXR. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anler said:

Reminds me I need to contact klim customer service. Last trip we rode in the rain and I got soaked. Klim guarantees to keep you dry. 

good luck, seen many bitching about the same and not getting far

never wash it unless you have to for one. 

for two id just treat it with your favorite waterproofing and use it. 

1 minute ago, bussman said:

High quality, warm, expensive. My wife has trouble staying warm and she’s tried it all. FXR is the best. Klim I think is better repelling water but everything else I’d choose FXR. 

I have the original pants they made, like when they made one model :lol:They gotta be 15-17 years old now....

They are still good! 

10 minutes ago, Anler said:

I retreated my bibs this year with that Nik Wax stuff, followed the directions to the T, still got a damp ass last week after getting causght in the rain.  They’re probably 6-7 years old now, I’ll get new ones for next season.

1 minute ago, DriftBusta said:

I retreated my bibs this year with that Nik Wax stuff, followed the directions to the T, still got a damp ass last week after getting causght in the rain.  They’re probably 6-7 years old now, I’ll get new ones for next season.

My bud had this issue with his and he called them and they replaced them. He said they only asked that he prove the old ones were destroyed so he had to cut them up. I thought I got a wet butt last year but then again it was -18f so I wasn't sure if it was froze. :lol:

You are supposed to wash and dry your Klim gear. I do. I wear it out on trees and running boards before anything else. Lasts about 3-4 years. But I am rough on stuff. My Motorfist bibs lasted 2 years. 

Bud has older FXR. Likes it but, the outer shell gets wet and stays wet. Though he doesn't get wet inside. It maybe better by now IDK. I think most companies make good stuff now. Depends on how you use it and you getting the right model for your usage. 

Edited by Legend

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

So does Snacks, he did the dipsy doo dunkaroo a few years back. :lol:

Fuck that really sucked...kind of why I like that F.A.S.T stuff. Pretty sure my TekVest helped to keep me afloat. 

45 minutes ago, washedupmxer said:

good luck, seen many bitching about the same and not getting far

never wash it unless you have to for one. 

for two id just treat it with your favorite waterproofing and use it. 

If they don't want to warranty it that's what I'll do. 

53 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Fuck that really sucked...kind of why I like that F.A.S.T stuff. Pretty sure my TekVest helped to keep me afloat. 

A bit chilly was it? Did the turtle crawl back in it's shell?  :lol:

I have not been overly impressed with my FXR gear since day 1. I get cold in the chest area while riding and I have tried numerous things over the years to stay warm. I also wear a Teck Vest but I still feel the cold.

The thing is most say their's keeps them toasty but not mine for some reason? My sled has a mid height factory windshield but I assume it directs the air into my chest?

Also, unless the technology has improved, I remember seeing some vids where they stated the FXR Flotex technology was the worst for keeping you afloat. It works, just not as well as the others.

Overall, I'd likely never go back to FXR if and when the time comes. 

Is there such a thing as a spray or something similar that I can apply to the front of my jacket to help stop the wind?

FXRTeamFXJacketBlack.gif

IMG_0096 (Medium).jpg

• Like 1

I don’t wear heavy gear so, when we have to put on that FAST stuff at the Duluth SX track for the cameras, it feels like armor to me.  It’s big, stiff, heavy, bulky and hot as fuck.  I guess I don’t know how it would feel compared to other cold weather riding gear though but, I know I don’t want to wear it.  It’s hilarious to me that ISOC tries to keep accountability of these jackets.  I always wonder, who the fuck wants one of these things?  :dunno:

• Like 1