Top-secret UFO files could ‘gravely damage’ US national security, Navy says

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

You have no idea what your even talking about. You know nothing about the design of the LM or it’s capacity. Like always, you’re talking out your oblivious asshole  

You only know what they told you. 

Just like a religion does. :lol: 

Man this thread delivered. lol

21 minutes ago, bussman said:

Like the Russians would’ve allowed America to pull off a scam like the moon landing.

Now a bunch of power hungry men turning Jesus into a legendary magic man conceived by a virgin?  Absolutely. 

• Like 1

Just for one example; 
Have any of you ever heard the recording’s of the moon landing / first walk on the surface as recorded by some of the ham radio operators that were able to tune in and listen to what was going on?  Dig it up and listen,  and tell me if you think Neil Armstrong Was making things up? 

Edited by old indy

6 hours ago, bussman said:

Moon landing evidence: observable by telescope. 

religion: evidence is invisible 

On 1/14/2020 at 5:46 PM, SSFB said:

Science has accomplishments that can be measured. Satellites are in space. Thats not me believing what the news says. If you get a powerful enough telescope you can spot the ISS across the sky.

You can see it/the solar reflection with your bare eyes in fact.

Neal

On 1/14/2020 at 5:59 PM, bussman said:

Ridicule aside I have no idea. My guess is no. 

Could be. Only thing you and I can prove is we saw a picture of it. What “it” is doesn’t matter, we can’t prove it true or false, we can only believe or not believe the source. 

At a certain point if you can’t question the endless amount of bullshit we’ve been fed I don’t know what else to say but good luck. Example: Stanley Kubrick flat out said he made the moon landing video. That doesn’t make that round light in the sky we see at night not real but if you believe the official story I’m sorry, you’ve been duped. That’s where we’ve been brainwashed and are dumber than our ancestors. 

:lol:

Neal

18 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

That's a Baptist thingy. Not Biblical.

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

The Bible is used as a faith buffet for believers.

Take story x as literal, y as figurative.  Interpretation is why we have hundreds/thousands of sects. 

As a communication tool of truth, the Bible is horrible, it invites confusion, ambiguity, and has internal conflict.  If this is the best God has for communication to us, faith is laughable.

Neal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are [d]asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

The Bible is used as a faith buffet for believers.

Take story x as literal, y as figurative.  Interpretation is why we have hundreds/thousands of sects. 

As a communication tool of truth, the Bible is horrible, it invites confusion, ambiguity, and has internal conflict.  If this is the best God has for communication to us, faith is laughable.

Neal

Yup, the Bible never mentions the word Rapture anywhere. Baptists use Thess. 4 vs 13-17 to claim it means Rapture.

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

Yup, the Bible never mentions the word Rapture anywhere. Baptists use Thess. 4 vs 13-17 to claim it means Rapture.

The word didn't come about untill the 1500's so obviously it doesn't appear in the Bible.  The word describes the idea that believers will be taken, both dead and alive, per the scripture.

If the dead in Christ rising, and then those alive joining the risen dead in the air with the Lord doesn't describe or define rapture then you/christians are quite oblivious to the text and are indeed cherry picking from the buffet of faith.

The rapture is very much biblical.

Neal

Edited by NaturallyAspirated

19 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

The word didn't come about untill the 1500's so obviously it doesn't appear in the Bible.  The word describes the idea that believers will be taken, both dead and alive, per the scripture.

If the dead in Christ rising, and then those alive joining the risen dead in the air with the Lord doesn't describe or define rapture then you/christians are quite oblivious to the text and are indeed cherry picking from the buffet of faith.

Neal

:owned:

2 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

I am wels:

The false teaching of the Rapture is the idea that, prior to the end of the world, believers will suddenly be whisked out of this world to heaven.  The teaching is a gross misunderstanding of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.  That section of Scripture explains that on the Last Day Jesus will return visibly to this world, raise the dead and gather to himself the Christians who are still alive on the earth at his return.  Being “caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” is what will happen on the Last Day not prior to the Last Day.

You can read more information on what the Bible teaches regarding the End Times by following this link to the appropriate section of our synod’s publication This We Believe.  You may also be interested in a recently-published book by Northwestern Publishing House titled End Times:  Jesus is Coming Soon.

Because of what awaits us as children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, we too look forward to our Lord’s visible return on the Last Day and say, “Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20).

Edited by XCR1250

4 hours ago, bussman said:

Moon landing “evidence”. 

:lol: 

It’s fairly clear for those that have the ability to read and understand basic engineering and design principles. No, the lunar rover wasn’t inside the crew compartment like the small minded believe. :lol: 

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

It’s fairly clear for those that have the ability to read and understand basic engineering and design principles. No, the lunar rover wasn’t inside the crew compartment like the small minded believe. :lol: 

The fact you think you’re smart is my favorite part of this. You truly are a sucker. :lol: 

I asked a relative of mine who has a PhD in religious studies about god. She’s extremely well versed in biblical principles and details in the Bible. She could bury anyone here with her knowledge. In our conversation I asked her why all those miracles in the Bible don’t occur any longer. She said, because god allowed them to happen just those times. It was a weird moment. 

• Haha 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
22 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I asked a relative of mine who has a PhD in religious studies about god. She’s extremely well versed in biblical principles and details in the Bible. She could bury anyone here with her knowledge. In our conversation I asked her why all those miracles in the Bible don’t occur any longer. She said, because god allowed them to happen just those times. It was a weird moment. 

Isn't that like having a Phd in unicorns ?

1 hour ago, XCR1250 said:

I am wels:

The false teaching of the Rapture is the idea that, prior to the end of the world, believers will suddenly be whisked out of this world to heaven.  The teaching is a gross misunderstanding of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18.  That section of Scripture explains that on the Last Day Jesus will return visibly to this world, raise the dead and gather to himself the Christians who are still alive on the earth at his return.  Being “caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” is what will happen on the Last Day not prior to the Last Day.

You can read more information on what the Bible teaches regarding the End Times by following this link to the appropriate section of our synod’s publication This We Believe.  You may also be interested in a recently-published book by Northwestern Publishing House titled End Times:  Jesus is Coming Soon.

Because of what awaits us as children of God through faith in Jesus Christ, we too look forward to our Lord’s visible return on the Last Day and say, “Amen.  Come, Lord Jesus” (Revelation 22:20).

Complete laughable bullshit.

The price will always be with the Lord, thus cannot be here without him, and the Lord is up in the air.  Hence risen dead and alive believers are to be raptured. The text clearly states such. Trying to twist into a pretzel to make any claim the rapture is false is idiotic and stupid blather.  It's a prime example of cherry picking faith.  

Neal

8 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Complete laughable bullshit.

The price will always be with the Lord, thus cannot be here without him, and the Lord is up in the air.  Hence risen dead and alive believers are to be raptured. The text clearly states such. Trying to twist into a pretzel to make any claim the rapture is false is idiotic and stupid blather.  It's a prime example of cherry picking faith.  

Neal

As far as the term ‘the rapture’ as it is used in dispensationalism. Lutherans do not believe in a two stage return of Christ. Christ’s second coming will not consist of two separate events.