Snow and Trail Conditions??

Renegade X

1 minute ago, smokin george said:

TWN has our area 15-20 cms fri/sat. 

Just seen that as well. :bc: Fingers crossed and fingers crossed that it stays and we get more. 

18 minutes ago, Stoney said:

How is the morning ride, George?

I only went to the lumber store and variety up in Kimount. Trail is good and alot of trucks/trailers parked there and saw about 20 sleds heading north. Wife and I are heading out shortly and might do the Pinery loop. The beauty part is we can go out after they've gone home lol

Edited by smokin george
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, smokin george said:

I only went to the lumber store and variety up in Kimount. Trail is good and alot of trucks/trailers parked there and saw about 20 sleds heading north. Wife and I are heading out shortly and might do the Pinery loop. The beauty part is we can go out after they've gone home lol

LOL....nice to live by the trail!

That is one thing that I find each year to get harder & harder, the drive to the trails to ride them.....

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

That is one thing that I find each year to get harder & harder, the drive to the trails to ride them.....

Same here, but at least the trails I ride, when we have snow, are only 20 minutes away. Nothing, however, would beat being able to ride right out of your garage! That would be sweet for sure! :bc:

10 minutes ago, Stoney said:

When I had the dblewide enclosed I put it in storage in Lindsay. It was $110 for the year and drive up from the city,hook up and go and drop it off on the way home. We'll trailer to Ironwood (20 min) and ride from there north or farther for a wknd getaway

I cancelled the Mattawa trip and headed up to Kushog Lake.  Rode tall pines, Algonquin and Almaguin trails. Every thing was in good shape aside from some logging just South of the warm up shack in Algonquin.  Its seems to me like a lot of retards have bought sleds this year... Bunch of people on the wrong side of the trail, out of control, in the rubarb and 2 idiots stopped on blond corners.....WTF.  Its like riding a motorcycle now where you have to defend yourself.    Trails were super busy Saturday so conditions faded by the end of day.. We got at least a foot of snow Sat and more up at Kennisis Lake.

12 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

I cancelled the Mattawa trip and headed up to Kushog Lake.  Rode tall pines, Algonquin and Almaguin trails. Every thing was in good shape aside from some logging just South of the warm up shack in Algonquin.  Its seems to me like a lot of retards have bought sleds this year... Bunch of people on the wrong side of the trail, out of control, in the rubarb and 2 idiots stopped on blond corners.....WTF.  Its like riding a motorcycle now where you have to defend yourself.    Trails were super busy Saturday so conditions faded by the end of day.. We got at least a foot of snow Sat and more up at Kennisis Lake.

Welcome to the way it is! Stupid doesn't differentiate btwn young and old. Idiots out there blowing corners , riding like maniacs etc etc. I was on the rail line the other day and a group coming my way were giving hand signals and the last one puts the hand out signaling last rider lol. There were more sleds behind them fkn idiots

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Renegade X said:

I'm contemplating a big Get The Fuck Over sign and arrow on the front of the sled and a spring loaded antenna whip out back for the constant assholes on the wrong side of corners, it's fn ridiculous

2 hours ago, smokin george said:

Welcome to the way it is! Stupid doesn't differentiate btwn young and old. Idiots out there blowing corners , riding like maniacs etc etc. I was on the rail line the other day and a group coming my way were giving hand signals and the last one puts the hand out signaling last rider lol. There were more sleds behind them fkn idiots

2 hours ago, Tinker said:

I'm contemplating a big Get The Fuck Over sign and arrow on the front of the sled and a spring loaded antenna whip out back for the constant assholes on the wrong side of corners, it's fn ridiculous

So it's not just me noticing that its getting worse eh.. 

3 hours ago, Renegade X said:

So it's not just me noticing that its getting worse eh.. 

Last time I was in QC for the free w/end I was chatting with the Locals and they were laughing that they won't ride with us "Wrong sida da trail assholes" Sad but true, the level of dressed up poser can riding meathead has reached a staggering level. 

• Haha 2

On 1/21/2020 at 4:55 PM, Renegade X said:

Oh and by the way, the new XCR rocks! Never had a sled that will go through the bumps like this thing!

I said in 2017 the XCR would be the best Poo and own the Doo 850, it’s still the best 2 stroke and going strong in 2020.  I'm very happy with mine, forth year.  Not sure whether I will buy new next year or find a 2020, but it will be another XCR.

Edited by Poncho

12 hours ago, Tinker said:

Last time I was in QC for the free w/end I was chatting with the Locals and they were laughing that they won't ride with us "Wrong sida da trail assholes" Sad but true, the level of dressed up poser can riding meathead has reached a staggering level. 

Looks like the trails around Weslemkoon are good and improving in your area.  My area (Griffith) is still behind, ice damage and so on has hindered grooming.  I'm heading up tomorrow so we will see what the conditions are like.

22 minutes ago, Poncho said:

Looks like the trails around Weslemkoon are good and improving in your area.  My area (Griffith) is still behind, ice damage and so on has hindered grooming.  I'm heading up tomorrow so we will see what the conditions are like.

Hard to believe we recovered from over 2" of rain so quick but the layer of ice pellets sure helped. Careful on any ice, levels have changed, thickness varies and it's all camo'd under 16" of snow now. The big part of Weslemkoon is a minefield of pressure ridges and thin ice around them that again you can't see.

7 hours ago, Tinker said:

Hard to believe we recovered from over 2" of rain so quick but the layer of ice pellets sure helped. Careful on any ice, levels have changed, thickness varies and it's all camo'd under 16" of snow now. The big part of Weslemkoon is a minefield of pressure ridges and thin ice around them that again you can't see.

Staying off the ice, trail only until things improve. Hopefully get some trail riding this weekend

• Like 1

Sad story about the bunch that went through the ice in QC.  Sounds the trail guide took them there.....still early, and investigation pending, but big changes to the trail guide providers if that turns out to be the case

• Like 1